GDT: 12/14/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Columbus

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Hartnell up to his usual antics and gets smoked, that was satisfying.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Cally has been in a lot of fights lately, looks like he's taking out his and the teams goal-drought on other tams players that want to pick a fight.

And we really need to get better at shoting the puck towards the net because we're not making it hard enough for the other teams goalie ever.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm promoting Sustr from dumpster fire to liability. I think he's actually been pretty good lately.

What's funny is the turn around came directly after the BP podcast ranted about how awful he's been. Coincidence?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The only time I'm confident we can score is when 86 is out there. Then I realize 91 is gliding in behind him and lose the confidence.

Of we lose one dman at this point, we might as well start the firesale. We cannot afford to lose any of them, bar Carle. Lol.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Don't buy that. He was just as bad.

Yet magically when he's removed from Stamkos's right, he gets better? It was a clash of styles, the same as we've seen with 95% of Stamkos's linemates. But Coop kept going back to it over and over and over. This isn't the first time we've seen Callahan play well away from Stamkos. Usually he gets "promoted" to Stamkos's wing, where he fizzles out.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cally has been in a lot of fights lately, looks like he's taking out his and the teams goal-drought on other tams players that want to pick a fight.

And we really need to get better at shoting the puck towards the net because we're not making it hard enough for the other teams goalie ever.

Cally has to be frustrated, he wants to score, and it just ain't happening, so he is going to do everything he can to help this team to win.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yet magically when he's removed from Stamkos's right, he gets better? It was a clash of styles, the same as we've seen with 95% of Stamkos's linemates. But Coop kept going back to it over and over and over. This isn't the first time we've seen Callahan play well. Usually he gets "promoted" to Stamkos's wing, where he fizzles out.

Hmm funny how Killorn and Flip have also been better since being off the top line. Cally needs to stay with Flip, can decide LW if Brown cannot keep this up, but so far he has not missed a beat.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
First period was terrible but that was expected. Maybe even less terrible than I thought they'd be so there's that at least.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Yet magically when he's removed from Stamkos's right, he gets better? It was a clash of styles, the same as we've seen with 95% of Stamkos's linemates. But Coop kept going back to it over and over and over. This isn't the first time we've seen Callahan play well. Usually he gets "promoted" to Stamkos's wing, where he fizzles out.

It may have been a clash of styles, but I'm speaking more in terms of compete level. He ramped it up, and it has nothing to do with Stamkos.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
First period was terrible but that was expected. Maybe even less terrible than I thought they'd be so there's that at least.

We were outplayed, but had our share of chances. Kucherov looked good.

When Namestnikov is skating with the puck, with speed, does he remind anyone else of vintage Stamkos? Something about the posture.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

When Namestnikov is skating with the puck, with speed, does he remind anyone else of vintage Stamkos? Something about the posture.

Yeah, I've noticed that too.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It may have been a clash of styles, but I'm speaking more in terms of compete level. He ramped it up, and it has nothing to do with Stamkos.

It has a lot to do with Stamkos, or the lack of chemistry between the two. He's not suited to that role. I can't think of a time since Callahan was acquired that his game didn't instantly elevate when taken off that top line. Last year in the SCF, earlier this year with Paquette, occasionally with KFC. It's not a coincidence. He plays better when separated from Stamkos.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I thought he should have taken more of a shot last game instead of trying to trickle it through Holtby's five hole (vladdy that is).

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

Really need to work on getting pucks out and not having a billion defensive zone turnovers. It's mostly the roster guys doing it too so there's really no excuse. Once we manage to get untrapped we look okay.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Really need to work on getting pucks out and not having a billion defensive zone turnovers. It's mostly the roster guys doing it too so there's really no excuse. Once we manage to get untrapped we look okay.

Vermin had the worst one of the period, IMO.

The AHL guys looked a little overwhelmed to me.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
It has a lot to do with Stamkos, or the lack of chemistry between the two. He's not suited to that role. I can't think of a time since Callahan was acquired that his game didn't instantly elevate when taken off that top line. Last year in the SCF, earlier this year with Paquette, occasionally with KFC. It's not a coincidence. He plays better when separated from Stamkos.

I don't disagree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad