Pre-Game Talk: 12/13 | Bruins Dance With The Devil in Newark | 7:30pm ET | MAX, TNT, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Boqvist isn’t going to play. If they called up Merkulov, or Lysell, or Farinacci they wouldn’t play either. A lot of ire around a call up that isn’t actually going to be in the lineup.

Reactions: Alicat

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Geekie on line one + top PP says they really wanna get the guy going. He's been underwhelming so far, unnoticeable most nights, no clear role in the lineup. Hopefully he hits a bit of a groove in the elevated role.

Not sure why people are so upset with the Boqvist call up, either. Folks were penciling him into the third line this offseason after the signing. He's not an exciting player but he can hang on the 4th for a couple games if he even gets in.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
You can make an argument that it’s better to call them up when the lineup is less gutted at the top. Put them in a position to succeed and all.
Yes put them in good position, put Merk with Coyle and Fredric as ashoot cause he s good one, and the 2 others are doing the possesion thing to pass the puck...Boqvist dint do that king of think cause he s a defensive only player, enough 4th and 3rd liners in this team

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Geekie on line one + top PP says they really wanna get the guy going. He's been underwhelming so far, unnoticeable most nights, no clear role in the lineup. Hopefully he hits a bit of a groove in the elevated role.

Not sure why people are so upset with the Boqvist call up, either. Folks were penciling him into the third line this offseason after the signing. He's not an exciting player but he can hang on the 4th for a couple games if he even gets in.
I don't think it says that, I think it says Monty doesn't trust Poitras and Geekie is the only veteran center they have to slot in.
I think we will see now that despite the frugal additions the 2 lost centers from last year leave us incredibly thin and one or two injuries away from becoming a very average, and perhaps bad, team.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't think it says that, I think it says Monty doesn't trust Poitras and Geekie is the only veteran center they have to slot in.
I think we will see now that despite the frugal additions the 2 lost centers from last year leave us incredibly thin and one or two injuries away from becoming a very average, and perhaps bad, team.
That's exactly how I see this as well. I don't really blame coach either. Poitras has been mostly fine in his role, so I'd rather they just nurse him along for now instead of really throwing him into the fire.

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Has anyone seen the Boston Bruins hockey team? They were last seen outside an arena in Phoenix, Arizona, in the 2023-24 season.
242BFC5E-AAA9-439E-8A19-6DEBEC897320.jpeg

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Mac has only played over 67 games in ONE season out of six and he's already missed 6 games this year.

Were most of these lost games related to the shoulder injury? Because if it is various unrelated stuff, that could be even more disturbing.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
These long waits between games are not good for the Bruins or their fans.
It's definitely annoying but they just crammed 9 games in a 16 day span from 11/18 - 12/3.
I guess that's pretty close to every other day but it just seems unbalanced.

Could be worse too. Senators have played 7 less games than TB/Columbus/Seattle/Vegas.

Reactions: lopey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Year after year, do we have more injuries than 90% of other teams or does it just SEEM like it?:help:
don`t think so, think last year, other than waiting for Mac and Marchand after off season surgery and Grizz too I believe(?), the boys stayed healthy for the most part. Think the Leafs have far more man games lost this year than the B`s

Reactions: BMC and wintersej

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
McAvoy and Hamilton is a wash.

Haula has been out. If he doesn't play he's a wash with Zacha.

Nosek is out also.

McAvoy is a top NHL 5 defenseman, Hamilton is a good player, but not in that class. Zacha is Boston's #1 center, even though he is not a legitimate #1 guy his value to Boston is much higher then Haula's is to the Devils.

Reactions: hrdpuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad