GDT: 12/13/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Toronto vs Tampa Bay

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
We score 4 on 21 shots and there were a few more we left out there. Toronto gave Vasi a good workout and he should be better once he shakes the rust off :D

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
We score 4 on 21 shots and there were a few more we left out there. Toronto gave Vasi a good workout and he should be better once he shakes the rust off :D
Tasty crow, this is. I really thought he'd look rough, when in reality, it was the majority of the rest of the team..

Reactions: Stammertime91

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
giphy.gif

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Best performance by Vasi in his career if you ask me. And coming from injury too.

The positive I take from this one is that despite having 10 forwards and half of the D playing at a low level we got the win by 3 goals (and none EN).
Other than that... Leafs did look very good.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
EZ win as promised. :sarcasm:

6/6 on the PK, 1 SHG, 1 PPG, physically manhandling them (hits 27:19), taking some rest in the 3rd after acquiring a comfortable lead and last but not least Vasy casually returning from injury, channeling his inner Hasek. And all that against the beast team in the league, not bad!

Tongue in cheek aside Toronto is an exciting team. As are we.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stammertime91

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I was wrong to question cooper putting in vast vs the leaves. Strong return.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Cannot think of a appropriate word on vasy performance last night, that is arguably the best display I have seen in a long time.

Now to the game, had a look on the leafs board and there does seem to be a few salty fans saying that we wasn’t special. Kind of says something with this team we’re we play “poor” yet still still more goals then the other team. The most worrying thing is it didn’t even look like we got out of 2nd gear, imagine if we got the colardo display last night:nod:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Just noticed that the Leafs' post game thread is called "Leafs lose to the Tampa Bay Horseshoe"

:nod::D

Also some obvious ref blaming.

Reactions: The Macho Man

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Just noticed that the Leafs' post game thread is called "Leafs lose to the Tampa Bay Horseshoe"

Yeah all luck and calls not going their way (with six unsuccessful powerplays mind you). I think they might be onto something.

Reactions: Byrddog

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018

I feel bad for those invisible good Leafs fans who may exist there. They all may be really embarrassed by the way some fans have been acting.
I also appreciate that we don't do the same here. Thank you mods.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017

What a night for Vasy! I almost feel bad for the guy though, both because his team gave up 80+ shot attempts, and for that claustrophobic post-game interview. Geez reporters, give the Big Cat some space. He was probably overwhelmed, still processing just how damn well he just performed. #otherworldly

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Boy their post game thread is an absolute trip.

They really think that's how TB plays every game.

Every post is "We should have won" "We win that game 10 out of 10 times if it happens again"

Yet they don't think TB can play better?

Here's the best one: "Tampa is so overrated (especially their defense)"

Lul. Leafs just got dumped on by an overrated team with a bad defense.

Just a shame their Vezina caliber goalie (lol) couldn't show up.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Boy their post game thread is an absolute trip.

They really think that's how TB plays every game.

Every post is "We should have won" "We win that game 10 out of 10 times if it happens again"

Yet they don't think TB can play better?

Here's the best one: "Tampa is so overrated (especially their defense)"

Lul. Leafs just got dumped on by an overrated team with a bad defense.

Just a shame their Vezina caliber goalie (lol) couldn't show up.

Also, the refs were out for them (how?), and Tampa has like 10 fans. They are bitter and I love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad