GDT: 12/13/16 - Panthers @ Wild - 7PM CT / 3 AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Let's talk again if Zucks has a 25/25 season. For a team like the Wild, who have plenty of D, we'll keep the speed and scoring anyday.

Would require someone like Pominville or Koivu waiving NMC to free up an extra forward spot though.

Unless you think they would expose one of Granlund/Nino/Staal to protect him.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The dominating took place on the scoreboard only.

FLA might have had better adv stats, but most of their shots were from low % areas. Wild kept them to outside most of the night. Wild might have had less ozone time, but the quality of their ozone time was better.

The weird game flow really kept anyone from dominating. FLA had the best chance with all their PPs, but their PP is more painful to watch than the Wild's. :popcorn:

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
FLA might have had better adv stats, but most of their shots were from low % areas. Wild kept them to outside most of the night. Wild might have had less ozone time, but the quality of their ozone time was better.

The weird game flow really kept anyone from dominating. FLA had the best chance with all their PPs, but their PP is more painful to watch than the Wild's. :popcorn:

I am trying to watch the game now but this WiFi is so bad I can barely get it to stream. It seemed from what I read and the little bit I fought through, there was zero flow to the game and a ton of whistles... Especially in the 1st.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Wow, that's how you beat a weaker team! FLA may have had a lot of shots and PP in the 1st. A lot of stoppages, it was hard to find the flow. Wild played maybe a bit sluggish there, but they had no worries. Dub is dub and Panthers were toothless. Wild just nailed those which were needed. And then a strong 3rd to finish 'em for good.

Nice!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I am trying to watch the game now but this WiFi is so bad I can barely get it to stream. It seemed from what I read and the little bit I fought through, there was zero flow to the game and a ton of whistles... Especially in the 1st.

The random guy in the booth talking about not hockey stuff for half of the 2nd period hurt the broadcast of what looked like good hockey.

Lots of whistles, 2 fights, broken glass pane that had to be replaced, coaches challenge. Took the energy out of the crowd at least. Being up 5-0 that place should have been rocking.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
The random guy in the booth talking about not hockey stuff for half of the 2nd period hurt the broadcast of what looked like good hockey.

Lots of whistles, 2 fights, broken glass pane that had to be replaced, coaches challenge. Took the energy out of the crowd at least. Being up 5-0 that place should have been rocking.

Yeah. I had to turn volume off for awhile, just because it was hard and weird to follow the game at the same time. I'm sure he was a great guy, but there's time for that kind of chat. And it's not in the middle of a hockey game. Or at least that long. Kind of unfair for the interviewee too, me thinks.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
For Wild games I try to catch the opposing team's broadcast. Often gives a more interesting angle on our Wild and how they play. I feel you also learn more about the other team.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
For Wild games I try to catch the opposing team's broadcast. Often gives a more interesting angle on our Wild and how they play. I feel you also learn more about the other team.

I watch on NHL.tv so I will do this frequently as well because Greenlay is so bad and it is very interesting to see the different POVs.

I won't do it with the Hawks or some central teams but any Eastern team for the most part, I tend to lean toward watching anyone but Greenlay

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

Agreed. And no LaPanta/Greenlay or corny State of Hockey crap. I like it.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

How many other broadcast teams still call us a trap. And which of our players are they high on?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The dominating took place on the scoreboard only.

Advanced stats have gone beyond Raw Corsi %. And while the wild's Corsi % has been mediocre all year, they have been absolutely crushing it in terms of Scoring Chances % and High Danger Scoring Chances % all year.

For instance last night they had a 45 CF%. Not good.

But, they had a 60 SC%, and a 76 HDSC%. That's utter domination in terms of shot attempts that are likely to lead to lead from goals.

And that's been the theme of the season. Over the course of the year, the Wild are 17th in the league with a 49.37 CF%. But the Wild are 3rd in the league in High Danger Scoring chances at 55.52%(Score adjusted numbers).

And it's mostly do to our defense, as our scoring chance suppression numbers right now are insane. Basically no one is getting any quality scoring chances against Dubnyk. Which is certainly making things easy on him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would require someone like Pominville or Koivu waiving NMC to free up an extra forward spot though.

Unless you think they would expose one of Granlund/Nino/Staal to protect him.

Certainly not Nino. Talk to me at the end of the season about the other two.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i'll take the 2 points & its not painful to glance at the standings anymore but im not happy we were outshot. were playing better than 10 games ago so improvement is good. who's next? that was painted on the back of a drag camaro.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
In terms of being out shot...eh. Spent majority of the first half of the game killing penalties and by the second half we had a comfortable lead. I wonder if our (I don't know what the stat is exactly) but like..the CF close % at even strength was better. Either way, it never felt like Florida was dangerous at all.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
FLA had shots, but not really any chances to score. Wild had less shots, but lots better chances to score. The Wild's PK had better scoring chances than FLA's PP.

I'm just happy they didn't put the game on cruise control after they got up 3-0. They didn't turtle, and they didn't start making stupid plays trying to score more.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I still wish Granny would have buried that chance in the third there...he always seems to screw up on those great chances :laugh:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Russo/Parrish giving the Panthers some crap for being so "Advanced stats-oriented", yet starting Luongo in St. Paul despite his stats here.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I still wish Granny would have buried that chance in the third there...he always seems to screw up on those great chances :laugh:

Me too, but being up by as much they were I just laughed. It was refreshing not to grind my teeth, and worry that the miss would cost the game.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Me too, but being up by as much they were I just laughed. It was refreshing not to grind my teeth, and worry that the miss would cost the game.

Can't even imagine the backlash on these boards if the game was tied or Wild down 1 and he misses that. It's nice to have the occasional game where a miss like that can be just brushed off.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
How many other broadcast teams still call us a trap. And which of our players are they high on?
I haven't watched many out of town broadcasts this year but I caught a lot two years ago. Back then the trap thing was a constant refrain from the Edmonton and Calgary broadcasters, I didn't really hear it from anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad