Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
:wild vs. :panthers

rx1H0zI.jpg

200_s.gif

NHL.com
ST. PAUL -- The Minnesota Wild will try and continue its season-long winning streak on Tuesday when it hosts the Florida Panthers at Xcel Energy Center.

The game marks the first meeting of the season between the teams.

Even when Minnesota hasn't been winning, it has been getting points. The Wild has at least one point in nine of its past 10 games and has climbed to within two points of the Blues for second place in the Central Division.

Florida will be starting a three-in-four-nights stretch of games on the road against Central opponents. After playing in Minnesota, the Panthers will head to Winnipeg for a game against the Jets on Thursday before concluding the trip Friday in Colorado versus the Avalanche.

The Panthers are winless against the Central Division this season, losing in regulation to the Avalanche in October and dropping a 2-1 game to Chicago late last month.

Panthers forward Jaromir Jagr, who has six goals and nine assists this season at the age of 44, is just four points shy of Hall of Famer Mark Messier for second on the NHL's all-time points list (1,887).

Jagr has been playing well of late, scoring five goals and adding four assists in his past 12 games.

tumblr_o1sntjYHE71qch5rvo2_500.gif

Go Wild! :toothless

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i hate to get greedy but i hope the wild keep it going and bank the 2 points tonight. keep an eye on bjugstad , i think he should be on our radar as a trade target.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
i hate to get greedy but i hope the wild keep it going and bank the 2 points tonight. keep an eye on bjugstad , i think he should be on our radar as a trade target.

The guy with 34 points in 67 games last season? And 0 points in 10 games this season?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Greed is good.

I think Bjugstad has a bad back, and injuries will prevent him ever being the player he was projected to be( a good 2C). Buyer beware. He just can't stay on the ice, and for all his size, is not a very physical player.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
ever heard the expression buy low sell high? i like bjugstad oh well.

But would we be buying low? Some guys are just brittle and can't stay healthy. His back and concussion problems are worrying.

What would we do, send them a Dman, then put him in at 3C, sending Haula back to 4C? With Staal, Koivu, and Haula playing decently or better, and Ek and Kunin coming in the next couple of years, a Bjugstad is not really a need.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I'm a big time Prosser "hater", but didn't he just play his two best games ever? Weird timing, for me.

But Folin was also rock solid before his injury. It was tough decision i'm sure as Stevens seemed to like Prosser too.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
I'll be missing the first half due to a damn boot hockey game. Maybe the other team won't show up cuz it's freezing and I'll get to catch the game at the bar.

Anybody feel like subbing for me? It's going to be a whopping 2 degrees.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Pokemon got called up today. In case Stewie can't play I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad