Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Both goalies were great.

Scandella being back is huge.

Zach still needs to heal, but I'll take him.

Not a big deal, but it's nice having the fourth line back. I trust them.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
So, maybe Yeo knew what he was doing pushing Suter's buttons a bit yesterday?

It worked last time. Suter is the last one you'd expect to say anything, and guess who put home that game winner.

There were definitely times I thought they'd blow this game, but they proved me wrong, and 2 points, another W over the Blackhawks and a big Central win going into Toronto on a back to back with the Wild returning home could be a turning point.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
ZP was working on his stand up during his time off.

I'm not a big Poms fan, but he looked better tonight. Had 6 shots,which is a ton, and looked less hesitant.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Good effort.

Some observations:

-I think Pierre is right about the PP. Granlund is very good at handling the luck on the halfboard and our best at entering zone on PP but his handedness and high-school caliber shot makes him no threat at all there. I'd like to see Spurgeon or Dumba there. Maybe even try Fontaine, who does great wherever we put him. Which brings me to...

-Fonzi is awesome. Smart, hustles, skilled and plays great with Vanek. Having him and Scandella back is freaking big.

-Nino seems off. He's playing OK, I guess but still he seems hesitant. I think Zucker-Koivu stay together at all costs, but Nino needs to step it up. I wouldn't mind seeing Yeo move Nino/Fontaine/Pominville around a bit in lineup as season goes on.

-Haula's play lately is worthy of praise. He is flying around out there and his high IQ and speed are so valuable in bottom 6. I think he has a 40 pt season in him at some point.

-Suter is playing like the NHLs best dman right now. Best player on the ice tonight and has been many times this season. Keep him with Spurgeon and his minutes around 25 and he will keep dominating.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Good effort.

Some observations:

-I think Pierre is right about the PP. Granlund is very good at handling the luck on the halfboard and our best at entering zone on PP but his handedness and high-school caliber shot makes him no threat at all there.

I know Vanek is useful for his net front presence, but being a right-handed shot, and with his playmaking and shooting abilities, I think he'd be perfect in Granny's spot.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I know Vanek is useful for his net front presence, but being a right-handed shot, and with his playmaking and shooting abilities, I think he'd be perfect in Granny's spot.

I think the big issue with Vanek there is his propensity to be way too cute. Leads to lots of turnovers. But may be worth a look none the less.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I think the big issue with Vanek there is his propensity to be way too cute. Leads to lots of turnovers. But may be worth a look none the less.

Yeah, you don't want him ****ing up in that position. :laugh:

It's something I'd like to see, but I'd be cautious about the turnovers and potential for a shorty.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
I was watching Brodin extra closely this game. I also did a lot rewinding to see how plays really came about and Brodin's part in them. In all three zones. My conclusion: trading this guy now would be freaking MADNESS. What an awesome player he already is.

Good character win. Against just the right opponent and at the right time. Well done.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Granlund with five shots? Who is that guy, and what has he done to the real Mikael Granlund? :laugh:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
What a great win. We really needed it to get back on track.

Throughout the game all I kept thinking about was the past and how we would get schooled by the Hawks quite often, clearly looking like the team that had to catch up in depth and talent.

Not anymore. If anything, we looked like we were schooling the Hawks at times.

Great win, hope we can build off of it.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
WOW we looked fast & focused last night. doobs save on dano was huge. i wish we looked better on those PP's but terrific win. even losing some players the hawks keep adding talent. lets keep it going.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
[SIZE="4" said:
DANO[/SIZE]Z28;110180855]WOW we looked fast & focused last night. doobs save on dano was huge. i wish we looked better on those PP's but terrific win. even losing some players the hawks keep adding talent. lets keep it going.

I see what you did there :D:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad