GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR

Bps21*

What if we just played with all defensemen? They aren't going to score less than the 0 the forwards put up most nights.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Actually, no, it's not a questionable, at best, line of thought.

Myers is a good player. He hasn't sniffed the playoffs in three years and it appears that it may be that long in the future before he sees May hockey.

It has nothing at all to do with Myers looking down his nose at the players on this team. It was meant to come across as, what do I want out of my career at this point? I don't see team success any time soon on the horizon, do you? Would you want to go 7 or 8 years without playing post-season hockey?

what does a 24 year old, whose played the majority of his career as the poster boy for underachievement, want out of his career? hopefully to still be playing in a couple seasons

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
what does a 24 year old, whose played the majority of his career as the poster boy for underachievement, want out of his career? hopefully to still be playing in a couple seasons

Yep, because Myers has clearly been underachieving the past couple seasons.

I'm quite sure he's worried he will be out of the game in two years.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
relax chief i didnt say he was awful, you can unwad yourself

I'm not the one that seems to be having anger management issues. Relax a bit. You're replies are just a tad over-the-top.

Also, for the last year +, he's been better than his Calder year, so I hardly call that underachievement.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Myers possibly wanting out because the team hasn't and won't be in the playoffs for several years? Seeing as he has the highest cap hit on the whole team let alone at the D position, I would think he whould think he is part of the reason why. Myers is a good #2/3. It's asinine that the Myers has been amazing he's a franchise #1 dman mantra is still rampant here. He's not played anywhere close to as good as a lot of people make it seem here , nor as consistent.

And shutout again :shakehead this is pathetic. I want to finish dead last but I would rather see a team losing games 6-3,5-2/3 etc. Not lose 3-0,4-0/1 and get 12 shots a game. They provide zero entertainment value. Regretting getting tickets again to watch this garbage just for the allure of getting first crack at playoff tickets when they eventually make the playoffs again. I really can't sit through this garbage **** again in 15-16, after we add Eichel I better see Murray make wholesale changes and try to compete for the playoffs and spend $$$ in the summer of 2015. Picking top 2 two years in a row is plenty. We have enough prospects. Going 5+ years in between playoff appearances let alone series victories is a joke.

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site
I find it odd that you're kvetching about CoHo tonight, when he had his best game in 2 weeks.

His line was the only Sabres line to get any sort of pressure at all tonight.

And he really had a solid night at the dot.

I dislike Cody every night. He is not the type of player I would have given that long term deal to. As far as tonight, no one gets to say they played their best game in a 5-0 loss.

Bps21*

I would be happy with not being here tomorrow.

While he's on the ice we get outshot by more than any player they can plug in...including Ville Leino. You want guaranteed McEichel? You play Hodgson.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Did Myers ask for a trade or indicate he wants out?

not publicly.

But the consensus is that all this Myers trade talk has people thinking that Murray may be looking to move him but waiting for the right deal.

which means one of two things. Either Murray doesn't see him in the long term plans, or Myers privately said he wants out.

Bps21*

Or that he's a known player and Murray made clear he will listen about everyone. Who else on the roster would generate any buzz about a trade on a team this bad. They have to talk about someone. We were...what 2 games into the season and the Erik Staal trade threads went up. Here we have myers who's interesting and everyone else is garbage. Stafford and stewart don't move the meter...but throw a divisive known name like myers in the mix...you click that link.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The arena is giving them a standing ovation like they just won the cup. Did they think this would be a tough game for them?

They were cheering on Olli Maata when he touched the puck there at the end. Having surgery for a possibly cancerous tumor on his thyroid.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Pens fan coming in peace.

I think both sides got the outcome they wanted. Good luck on McDavid. :handclap:

I think you may have us wrong. We would at least like to see a semi-competitive team on the ice. Losing is bothering anyone. The way we are losing is.

Being a hockey fan is about being entertained. This is anything but entertaining for Sabres fans.

ikyan

Apr 29, 2014
Kingston
I think you may have us wrong. We would at least like to see a semi-competitive team on the ice. Losing is bothering anyone. The way we are losing is.

Being a hockey fan is about being entertained. This is anything but entertaining for Sabres fans.

I was a Pen fan in seeing the awful teams in 03 and 04, where Pittsburgh had no chance at all. I use to hope for the 5-4 losses... If you guys can get lucky in the lottery and have some of that solid prospect pool pan out, trust me, it will all be worth it. :)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Also, i hope you guys get McJesus.
I've met alot of Sabres fans and they're awesome.
You deserve a player like him.

Bps21*

I think we are all pretty well resigned to the idea that we won't win the lottery. No point dreaming of McDavid. This city never gets anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad