Golf: 119th US Open Championship

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Rose's Sunday scoring going into today was ranked 128th or so on the year, today wasn't much different

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Does Woodland’s caddy have a St. Louis Blues logo on the side of his visor?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Woodland just had to rub it in with that shot didn't he.

In all seriousness, I didn't watch much today, but Woodland might have two of the best shots I've seen this year (Having not watched a lot of Golf, mind you)

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Woodland was clearly the best player this week, so it's at least a deserved victory.

Brooks is a Tiger and a Gary away from going for the Grand Slam. That's wild.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Maybe I'm a little biased being on the west coast, but they should do Pebble like every 3 years. Watching Golf at 6:30 in the evening west coast time is great.

Also, I didn't hate Fox's coverage. Buck is Buck. The analysts were decent, but I really loved how they implemented the fox graphics to keep the leaderboard on the screen pretty much at all times. Of all the networks, I think Fox has the best graphics in sports and they certainly know how to use them.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Maybe I'm a little biased being on the west coast, but they should do Pebble like every 3 years. Watching Golf at 6:30 in the evening west coast time is great.

Also, I didn't hate Fox's coverage. Buck is Buck. The analysts were decent, but I really loved how they implemented the fox graphics to keep the leaderboard on the screen pretty much at all times. Of all the networks, I think Fox has the best graphics in sports and they certainly know how to use them.

2 of the next 4 US Opens are on the west coast, 2021 is Torrey and 2023 is LA, that's good enough for me. Pebble is great, but definitely not every 3 years great. They'll be back there in 2027, that's good enough.

West coast majors are the bee's knees though. Nothing like watching great golf until 10pm here on the east coast

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That US Open didn't really seem like a test. I remember some US Opens (Wasn't there one near Seattle a few years ago that Started the Fox Run) where players barely got below par. This course played like a normal tournament, which wasn't too bad.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
All the players say great things about Woodland, so I'm sure he's a very nice guy. Congrats to him for winning a major.

Saying that, I think this was easily one of the worst majors from a golf fan's perspective. We haven't had a winner of that caliber since Walker in 2016, the coverage was terrible and the course was incredibly easy.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
2 of the next 4 US Opens are on the west coast, 2021 is Torrey and 2023 is LA, that's good enough for me. Pebble is great, but definitely not every 3 years great. They'll be back there in 2027, that's good enough.

West coast majors are the bee's knees though. Nothing like watching great golf until 10pm here on the east coast

That's good. It doesn't need to be at Pebble, even though it's such a picturesque location. Having golf run into Sunday Evening and Sunday Night on Father's Day is awesome though.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
That US Open didn't really seem like a test. I remember some US Opens (Wasn't there one near Seattle a few years ago that Started the Fox Run) where players barely got below par. This course played like a normal tournament, which wasn't too bad.
Chamber's Bay is the course up in Washington where they had it. That was Fox's first broadcast of the US Open. The scores were right around par, but many hated the course. The best course was with the scores right around par recently was Merion, in my bias opinion

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Chamber's Bay is the course up in Washington where they had it. That was Fox's first broadcast of the US Open. The scores were right around par, but many hated the course. The best course was with the scores right around par recently was Merion, in my bias opinion

I remember that course. It was like they were playing a British Open, everything was so brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad