OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Anyone who plays a 6 string banjo is alright by me

swift.jpg

(I actually have one of those, Deering Boston electric 6 string, v. nice)

Oh are we doing banjo music now?

Slight distortion on standup bass is fire too. Every Fleck/Meyer teamup is greatness.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If you want to sue him, I’ll pay for it. There is a line we do not cross.

You try too hard selling us you’re not an Avril fan. Those who most vociferously decry something are always the ones secretly doing that very thing.

Right now you’re probably unironically wearing your Keith Jones t-shirt, blasting some “Sk8er Boi,” and reading your latest Dan Brown novel.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Love me some banjo. The Avett Brothers became my favorite band largely on the back of theirs. Always gets my foot tapping.

I got into bluegrass in high school, two of my best friends had a band and we used to go to Lancaster to see some of the “big” bluegrass acts; Jim & Jesse, Doug Dillard, Country Gentlemen. But my favorite is the Kruger Brothers, nothing like them. They play some great bluegrass but also stuff like this:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
You try too hard selling us you’re not an Avril fan. Those who most vociferously decry something are always the ones secretly doing that very thing.

Right now you’re probably unironically wearing your Keith Jones t-shirt, blasting some “Sk8er Boi,” and reading your latest Dan Brown novel.
@JojoTheWhale if you wanna sue for defamation I'll call up my IRL best buddy who is a lawyer.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

We stopped doing lobotomies before any of those people were born. We might have been a little hasty.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Bela Fleck is great.

On another Philly sports forum about 10 years ago, there was a guy who was a writer for a local mag. He was supposed to write an article on Bela Fleck but was feeling overwhelmed, so I wrote it for him, even though I had never heard any Bela Fleck music (I did know who he was, though). They published it.

I generally cannot do metal in any of its forms after the "For Those About to Rock" album (my first concert), BUT two of the new songs by Idles - "Dancer" and "Gift Horse" are on over-saturation on my current favorite playlist. Though not "strictly" metal, there is definitely a strong metal element on both tunes.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@JojoTheWhale if you wanna sue for defamation I'll call up my IRL best buddy who is a lawyer.

He watched possibly double digit Flyers games this year. It’s not possible to defame him because his reputation is already irreparably damaged.

We stopped doing lobotomies before any of those people were born. We might have been a little hasty.

Lobotomies are easy to perform. You don’t even really need a medical degree. I can get everything I need at Home Depot and Fine Wine & Good Spirits.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Not directed at you, but whenever someone cites this as evidence that someone is a talented musician, I want to scream. Most musicians worth a damn write their own stuff, much of that far better than anything Swift has ever written.
Jeez this is on page 7 so....I think we're on the same page with this. Not saying that makes her great, just that I respected her, especially back then, for writing her own music. Aka not a Brittney Spears clone.

Prince wrote for how many other "artists"? Is it Lionel Richie or someone else I'm thinking of who is a living legend when it comes to that? My only point with Tay Tay was, good for you, as an 18 year old. I'll never listen to your music, but at least you did it yourself.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad