OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I'm doing some testing for a second

200w.gif

200w.gif

VFoW.gif

tumblr_nhvw9r3cJU1syjt2wo1_1280.gif
oh

good

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
In the last month or so management his had a nice little hate boner for me for some reason. I got 2 "coachings" which are official disciplinary things of the most minor degree, but official nonetheless. The first one was for not babysitting my coworkers hard enough i.e. telling them to go into the IV room 15 minutes earlier, and most recently for this situation:

An IV was prepared at 8:58 for a 9:00 due time. What should happen is the IV room puts it in a bin and presses a button which rings a bell and alerts us something is due now. That is, needs to be sent up. We have a pneumatic tube system like a bank where we can put most meds in the tube and send it right to the floor.

What also happens at 9:00 is we (night shift) comes in and the evening shift pharmacists leave. We go from 4 pharmacists to 2 immediately. Every other night, one night shift pharmacist is tasked with checking if anything that's supposed to be used to stock our code trays is expired. This takes about an hour and this pharmacist is away from phones and the computer the whole time. This night was one of those nights. The night techs gather their things and go on rounds to deliver medications to the floors. Most evening shift techs are in the ORs restocking things.

This means I am basically the only one answering phones and verifying orders for an hour. 9pm is a very busy medication due time. Nurses call (or electrically message) about meds not being there late constantly. I walked in and there was 20 of those messages that night and a lot of new orders to verify.

Back to the IV bag. The bell was not rung like it should have been. So the med sat in there until I finally saw the message wondering where it was at around 10:30. It was due at 9. I saw the message, found the bag immediately, and tubed it up immediately after that. I got in trouble because I didn't check the messages fast enough. I laid it out to my space cadet boss too. Laughed in his face and said "so what you're saying is since I checked a message and immediately solved the issue, I getting in trouble because I was too busy verifying new orders, fielding phone calls, and sending medications that we got labels for with no help? I'm getting in trouble because I didn't click a message fast enough despite being tasked with running a pharmacy in a 400 bed hospital by myself during the second busiest med pass of the day?"

I just got a stuttering "administration" answer. I was also reminded that I need to be checking to see if the bins were empty before the techs leave throughout all of this. I again laughed and said that's crazy, I've never seen say shift do that, and they have 6 more pharmacists. Why is that expectation changing? Another administration answer.

I'm sorry this is so long. It's important background info. BECAUSE.

Last night, Girl was waiting for a medication that was due at 7pm. A pharmacist verified it at 6:53. A she sent a message saying it wasn't there at 8pm, and at 8:06 the same pharmacist who verified the medication opened the message and responded "it will be delivered on our next round". It was 8pm when he typed this. The next round is night shift's responsibility, the one at 9:00. The medication arrived on rounds, but it didn't get to the floor until 9:30. Which, by the way, is good time because rounds go to every floor on the hospital. So this pharmacist verified the med, knew it was needed immediately, didn't act, then an hour later clicked on the med message asking for the med because it was already an hour late, and instead of immediately finding and tubing the med to the floor, lazily said "it'll be delivered later" and allowed it to be 90 MORE minutes late.

I asked Girl who the pharmacist was. It was my boss. Girl is writing a safety report and dropping him by name in it.

1abdqc.jpg

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
In the last month or so management his had a nice little hate boner for me for some reason. I got 2 "coachings" which are official disciplinary things of the most minor degree, but official nonetheless. The first one was for not babysitting my coworkers hard enough i.e. telling them to go into the IV room 15 minutes earlier, and most recently for this situation:

An IV was prepared at 8:58 for a 9:00 due time. What should happen is the IV room puts it in a bin and presses a button which rings a bell and alerts us something is due now. That is, needs to be sent up. We have a pneumatic tube system like a bank where we can put most meds in the tube and send it right to the floor.

What also happens at 9:00 is we (night shift) comes in and the evening shift pharmacists leave. We go from 4 pharmacists to 2 immediately. Every other night, one night shift pharmacist is tasked with checking if anything that's supposed to be used to stock our code trays is expired. This takes about an hour and this pharmacist is away from phones and the computer the whole time. This night was one of those nights. The night techs gather their things and go on rounds to deliver medications to the floors. Most evening shift techs are in the ORs restocking things.

This means I am basically the only one answering phones and verifying orders for an hour. 9pm is a very busy medication due time. Nurses call (or electrically message) about meds not being there late constantly. I walked in and there was 20 of those messages that night and a lot of new orders to verify.

Back to the IV bag. The bell was not rung like it should have been. So the med sat in there until I finally saw the message wondering where it was at around 10:30. It was due at 9. I saw the message, found the bag immediately, and tubed it up immediately after that. I got in trouble because I didn't check the messages fast enough. I laid it out to my space cadet boss too. Laughed in his face and said "so what you're saying is since I checked a message and immediately solved the issue, I getting in trouble because I was too busy verifying new orders, fielding phone calls, and sending medications that we got labels for with no help? I'm getting in trouble because I didn't click a message fast enough despite being tasked with running a pharmacy in a 400 bed hospital by myself during the second busiest med pass of the day?"

I just got a stuttering "administration" answer. I was also reminded that I need to be checking to see if the bins were empty before the techs leave throughout all of this. I again laughed and said that's crazy, I've never seen say shift do that, and they have 6 more pharmacists. Why is that expectation changing? Another administration answer.

I'm sorry this is so long. It's important background info. BECAUSE.

Last night, Girl was waiting for a medication that was due at 7pm. A pharmacist verified it at 6:53. A she sent a message saying it wasn't there at 8pm, and at 8:06 the same pharmacist who verified the medication opened the message and responded "it will be delivered on our next round". It was 8pm when he typed this. The next round is night shift's responsibility, the one at 9:00. The medication arrived on rounds, but it didn't get to the floor until 9:30. Which, by the way, is good time because rounds go to every floor on the hospital. So this pharmacist verified the med, knew it was needed immediately, didn't act, then an hour later clicked on the med message asking for the med because it was already an hour late, and instead of immediately finding and tubing the med to the floor, lazily said "it'll be delivered later" and allowed it to be 90 MORE minutes late.

I asked Girl who the pharmacist was. It was my boss. Girl is writing a safety report and dropping him by name in it.

1abdqc.jpg
Update: second in command at the pharmacy brought me into his office and apologized for my supervisor being a jackass for what he said to me about the missing med. Told me he is "misaligned" with his vision. I told him frankly I feel like this guy has it out for me, and he was like "...well unfortunately I've found out some supervisors here are....misaligned..."

Validated lol.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm sorry to hear, Embiid. Praying for him.
Thanks Bern.....we're extremely worried...same with the family doc. Signs are not promising......cancer has been the grim reaper with my small family. Have my own moderate concern from the whole body MRI I did a few weeks ago...follow up non screening MRI will be in May but 90% chance it will be ok. Somebody has got to be left standing to keep holding the fort for both my mom.and brother. My mom is a 2x "survivor." My dad not so lucky...

Eff cancer!

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Thanks Bern.....we're extremely worried...same with the family doc. Signs are not promising......cancer has been the grim reaper with my small family. Have my own moderate concern from the whole body MRI I did a few weeks ago...follow up non screening MRI will be in May but 90% chance it will be ok. Somebody has got to be left standing to keep holding the fort for both my mom.and brother. My mom is a 2x "survivor." My dad not so lucky...

Eff cancer!
dude that sucks...sending good vibes you and your family's way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad