OT: 118th Obsequious Banter Thread: February is the month of food days

What are your favorite food(s) celebrated by a special day in February? (Choose up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
My parents are still in South Jersey and they just texted saying they felt it. I was there in August of 2011. That was a weird feeling. There was a really big earthquake in Taiwan the other day.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
From a geological standpoint, it's always pretty cool to experience these passive margin earthquakes.

Anyone with natural gas, keep your noses peeled for any smells. While it's unlikely, if you have a faulty pipe, the vibrations could have jarred the connections loose.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I remember a minor one we had years ago in the Greater Montreal Area. Just rattled the dishes in the cupboards. The notable memory thing was that we were watching the 6 pm news at the time, the earthquake was during a commercial break, and when the announcer came back on she said, "Yes, what you just felt was an earthquake."

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Truck drove by me as I sat in the parking lot and I thought it was that.

Also thought it was just a big truck driving by. I'm in a massive building though. Smaller buildings and houses I imagine it was a lot more noticeable.

I remember the last one (2010?2011?) being much more intense.

Yeah I was working at Best Buy at the time and eating lunch in the break room. Entire room shook violently.

Reactions: VladDrag

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Dishes rattled here in lower Bucks Co. I was on the upper eastern shore of MD for 2011. My parents house really shook. An inner wall was waving back and forth, and my wife swears she saw a wave go through the floor.

• Wow
Reactions: Embiid

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Cue in all the solar eclipse conspiracy theorists although the MidEast situation and a possible Iranian response and spillover into Lebanon has me wondering....

Reactions: BernieParent

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
It's weird how these things work. I'm about 45 minutes or so west and north of Philly, and I felt nothing. My mom said in the family group text that people felt it in Lancaster, which is another hour or more west, but closer to the southern state line like Philly is.

The 2011 one I was working on a porch roof and definitely felt that one as the whole roof swayed.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I slept right through it. Snoop didn't though, he whined at us for 15 mins afterwards. Only when I checked my phone did I figure it out. Coincidentally that's also when I saw the Phillies city connect uniforms for the first time. I wish I never woke up

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Reactions: Jack Straw

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Only going to be 2 nights before off to New York. But yeh, seems like a lot to do there!

This year is shaping up to be potentially a crazy one in terms of work travel...

a chance I will be going to Manaus in the Amazon in September.

The most interesting work trip I had before this year was probably to Croatia years ago or Madrid 2x last year... 90% of trips are Belgium, Netherlands or the UK aha.

Get a crabcake in Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad