OT: 118th Obsequious Banter Thread: February is the month of food days

What are your favorite food(s) celebrated by a special day in February? (Choose up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
OG3A5509_layer_copy edited 1.jpg

When I met Bernie Parent last year, he let me try on his rings (that's him in the photo; I refuse to buy/wear jerseys/blouses/sweaters, etc.). I was outside taking a breather (I was shooting a Phillies alumni event) when up walks this man and his beautiful wife, very unassumingly. He stopped and just smiled at me. I looked up and said, "Bernard Marcel Parent. I was wondering when you would get here." He arrived late and we talked for a while about the Cup days until I told him he'd better get inside while the event was still going on. You would be hard pressed to find a more gracious person, let alone a Hall of Fame athlete. Anyone who has met Bernie would tell you the same.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
New Orleans is the best place i've been to in the US. It's such a unique place in terms of culture, food, music, atmosphere, etc. Went there with my wife on our Honeymoon back in 2015. I highly recommend.
I went there in April/May 2006 for two weeks for work. Managed to catch Jazzfest. City was an absolute disaster after Katrina, but the people and atmosphere were still amazing.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
New Orleans has always been very high on my list of North American cities to visit!

My wife and I go with a group of friends for a long weekend every year. We even got married there. Do not pass up the chance if you get it.

I lived in Manhattan. I lived in Europe. There are only a handful of great cities in all of North America, but NO is definitely one of them. Montreal is another, which is probably not a coincidence.

New Orleans is the best place i've been to in the US. It's such a unique place in terms of culture, food, music, atmosphere, etc. Went there with my wife on our Honeymoon back in 2015. I highly recommend.

That's a perfect Honeymoon. Well done.

We had talked about retiring there, but agreed it would probably kill us both. :laugh:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Doesn't mean he's wrong, though.
He is wrong though, especially calling Frank "mentally unstable". Pretty f***ing wildly tone-deaf and ignorant thing to say about someone who is clearly developmentally disabled, but I can't say I'm surprised coming from this character. A real pillar of the community.

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Attachments

• IMG_20240404_112534026.jpg
    IMG_20240404_112534026.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 3

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah, we went from spring to blizzard overnight. No power right now; hopefully back by early afternoon.

Yeah, we went from spring to blizzard overnight. No power right now; hopefully back by early afternoon.
You sure you aren't experiencing a nuclear winter after Canada pissed off Russia somehow?

Reactions: BernieParent

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I lost power last night, then it came back, then lost it again during the night. It just came back. Internet was out for a while too. There are branches down all over. I almost crashed into a tree that had fallen across the road last night.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Ok we just had an earthquake!
I'm gonna say it was less than the one that damaged the Washington Monument. Didn't feel as strong. I had some bobbleheads and stuff fall over from that one.

There were 2 very confused dogs in this house as it shook and also a pug who didn't even wake up.
My one cat is sleeping. The other cat lifted her head up and is just staring at the ceiling now though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad