Salary Cap: 11 guys signed next year at $65.5M CAP - $16M left for 12 guys

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Maybe we sign only 9 guys for minimum roster for the $16M????
Which guys do we sign and how do we make an official roster with $16M??? (assuming no trades)
I tried late last night on CapFriendly and I had a difficult time.
I assumed we signed Mik2M, Dermy3M and Holl1M and could not afford Muzzy's 5M.
Lots of very interesting questions???
Great news is we have a great team this year and in middle of a nice heater now.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Which guys do we sign and how do we make an official roster with $16M??? (assuming no trades)
Great news is we have a great team this year and in middle of a nice heater now.

There will be trades.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Pls don’t sign Muzz
Please
I love the person and in room leadership but please don’t sign him as his foot speed and quickness and mental decision speed are really being exposed on this team already , just think 2 years down the road

Reactions: smitty10

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Clearly will be a lot of bargain bin depth signings and Marlies call ups.

Reasonable to project Sandin and Liljegren will be on the team. Korshkov potentially as well.

Timashov, Engvall, and Holl should be had for $1 mill or under.

Goat too but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded at the same time.

Dermott and Soup should tie up no more than $6 mill.

That leaves $5 mill or so to shore up the back up and the final d spot on the roster.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Clearly will be a lot of bargain bin depth signings and Marlies call ups.

Reasonable to project Sandin and Liljegren will be on the team. Korshkov potentially as well.

Timashov, Engvall, and Holl should be had for $1 mill or under.

Goat too but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded at the same time.

Dermott and Soup should tie up no more than $6 mill.

That leaves $5 mill or so to shore up the back up and the final d spot on the roster.
Sorta what I got too. 3.5M for a d spot and 1.5M for a backup. I don't see either Muzzy or Barrie in the CAP cards here as they will be 5M guys. Barrie likely more. I think trade(s) are the only way here unless we go with a rookie d core.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Sorta what I got too. 3.5M for a d spot and 1.5M for a backup. I don't see either Muzzy or Barrie in the CAP cards here as they will be 5M guys. Barrie likely more. I think trade(s) are the only way here unless we go with a rookie d core.

I don’t see money for Muzzin or Barrie either pending a discount. Then again there can be trades and if the cap rises a few mill, there’s opportunity there.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I don’t see money for Muzzin or Barrie either pending a discount. Then again there can be trades and if the cap rises a few mill, there’s opportunity there.
Yes the big hope will be players re-consider their current stance and use escalator next year.

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
Why does anyone care about the cap for next year when it's only November? We're trending in the right direction on the ice. We have a team that can compete with anyone in the league. So why worry about the cap situation for next year?

But to play along, I'll just say this. In the off season everyone said we were in cap hell. We didn't have enough to even fill out a roster, let alone make any improvements. Several trades later and we not only filled out our roster, but we improved our roster (at least I believe so) from last year.

Dubas and others get paid a lot of money to make the cap situation work. They will figure it out. Who gets traded is obviously unknown at this time. Wouldn't even surprise me if there were some moves made this season once Keefe has a better idea of what we need. But Dubas will make it work somehow

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Well I am sure the young genius has a plan!

He surely wouldn't be just doing things on the fly here would he ?

It will be more bargain basement scraps to round out the roster around the prima donna hotshots who sucked up all the money before they even won a playoff round .

Last edited:

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Why does anyone care about the cap for next year when it's only November? We're trending in the right direction on the ice. We have a team that can compete with anyone in the league. So why worry about the cap situation for next year?

But to play along, I'll just say this. In the off season everyone said we were in cap hell. We didn't have enough to even fill out a roster, let alone make any improvements. Several trades later and we not only filled out our roster, but we improved our roster (at least I believe so) from last year.

Dubas and others get paid a lot of money to make the cap situation work. They will figure it out. Who gets traded is obviously unknown at this time. Wouldn't even surprise me if there were some moves made this season once Keefe has a better idea of what we need. But Dubas will make it work somehow

Relax - they won 3 games - ZONA- COLORADO ( Outplayed)- DET ( awful team) /

Team has work to do to just make the playoffs and win a round.

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
Relax - they won 3 games - ZONA- COLORADO ( Outplayed)- DET ( awful team) /

Team has work to do to just make the playoffs and win a round.

I stand by what I said. In a 7 game series, I think we can compete with anyone. It's not just about the last 3 games, it's about the talent on this team. I believe in the talent. There's always work to do, especially after the way we started, but I believe in our ability. I'm not saying we'll win the cup, just that I believe we can hang with anyone

Reactions: Madap

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Cap should go up to 84ish, which will get us to at least 19.5M in space. We'll likely trade Johnsson, so 23M space for 14 players...

Sign Mikheyev 4x3.5M
Sign Ceci 4x4M
Sign Dermott 2x2M
Sign Engvall 2x0.8M
Sign Timashov 2x0.8M
Sign Guathier 2x1M
Sign a Back-up Goaltender for 1.25M
Bring up Liljegren (0.863)
Bring up Sandin (0.894)
Bring up Korshkov (0.925)

That leaves approximately 7M for:
1 Top 4 Dman
1 #7 Dman
1 #14 Forward or 1 #8 Dman

Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Mikheyev-Tavares-Marner
Moore-Kerfoot-Hyman
Engvall-Gauthier-Timashov
Petan

Rielly-Ceci
Dermott-???
Sandin-Liljegren

Andersen
Back-up.

Edit: I forgot Korshkov! He'd fit in there somewhere!

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Cap should go up to 84ish, which will get us to at least 19.5M in space. We'll likely trade Johnsson, so 23M space for 14 players...

Sign Mikheyev 4x3.5M
Sign Ceci 4x4M
Sign Dermott 2x2M
Sign Engvall 2x0.8M
Sign Timashov 2x0.8M
Sign Guathier 2x1M
Sign a Back-up Goaltender for 1.25M
Bring up Liljegren (0.863)
Bring up Sandin (0.894)
Bring up Korshkov (0.925)

That leaves approximately 7M for:
1 Top 4 Dman
1 #7 Dman
1 #14 Forward or 1 #8 Dman

Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Mikheyev-Tavares-Marner
Moore-Kerfoot-Hyman
Engvall-Gauthier-Timashov
Petan

Rielly-Ceci
Dermott-???
Sandin-Liljegren

Andersen
Back-up.
But please no CC please

forecheck

May 14, 2007
I stand by what I said. In a 7 game series, I think we can compete with anyone. It's not just about the last 3 games, it's about the talent on this team. I believe in the talent. There's always work to do, especially after the way we started, but I believe in our ability. I'm not saying we'll win the cup, just that I believe we can hang with anyone

I disagree - but hope you are right .

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce