Post-Game Talk: 11 games over

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
If anything I thought the line was better without Nuge. I think the PP was too.

The softest forward in our lineup was not playing tonight, and the rest of the team played a gutcheck heavy game. Fair amount of hitting, high level of battle all over ice. Even Kassian/Chiasson had a better game.

But the Khaira line, and that working, could be another nice Tippett find. Khaira was looking like his career was over this year and Dave got him rolling along with Shore, both guys who were looking at an end to their NHL careers. Nice to see both working for some goals. Well deserved. Along with Archibald that is being our decent bottomsix lunchbucket line. hope they can keep that up.

I put a blog in Rumors and a possible line up. Tell me what u think. I got thick skin. Ill take the critics

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I'll say it. Turris looked okay today. Better than Haas. A couple of NZ pickoffs and one that could've been a Kassian breakaway if he was ready for it.

Hopefully Tippett gives this guy a bit more rope and a better linemate than the corpse of Kassian. Especially if RNH is out for a while.

I thought he was ok as well. How long for Nuge I wonder?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Back in the glory years we had real bad records against Boston . Their rink was smaller and it helped the Bruins slowed down the Oilers . When it came to playing them in the playoffs we smoked them like a cheap Cigar . Playoffs are a different animal and we have a chance of winning against anyone . I am also sure McDrai will pick it up . Regular season is a warm up for the real deal . Hopefully last year was a lesson well learnt .
Maybe. People shit on Toronto for losing in the playoffs but they kept running into a great Boston team.

We have less playoff experience lately than Toronto even though we won a round years ago. Yeah anything can happen in the playoffs for sure, but is take my chances against Winnipeg with the shakier defense than Montreal and Toronto who have already proven they can completely neuter us. After that and the momentum of winning a round I like our chances against the other two morem

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Can we please just put Turris in RNH spot and give it a shot?

It might work against OTT, but playing Drai and Mcdavid together cannot be our full time plan.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

It might work against OTT, but playing Drai and Mcdavid together cannot be our full time plan.

If we re sign RNH and get a legitimate top 6 winger next season then we should consider keeping McDrai together.

Reactions: ujju2

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Nuge would need to not play for a certain amount of games for that to work.
Yes, but it just takes 2 weeks I think and you get something. If hes shut down for our remaining games, then we get 6 million cap space, and the cap disappears for the playoffs. I haven't heard how serious his injury is though

Edit: hes day to day so that wont work.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
RNH and Yamamoto. That's hardly being stuck.
It doesnt seem to work though. Rnh might be a good player but it's not clicking with McDavid. It might start clicking again but maybe not. So it would be nice to get someone else to try.

Reactions: LTIR

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It doesnt seem to work though. Rnh might be a good player but it's not clicking with McDavid. It might start clicking again but maybe not. So it would be nice to get someone else to try.
If only there was another premiere center we could try RNH and Yamamoto with.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Why? Because they would be too big a liability defensively against good teams? Neither has successfully carried a line on their own and it's all been individual efforts.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Why do you want to put an actual bad player into a spot where he can do even more damage?

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Why do you want to put an actual bad player into a spot where he can do even more damage?
I'm more confident in Mcdavid carrying a guy who's historically been able to produce .5ppg to put up points than I am that we can have a second line without Drai that doesn't suck.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm more confident in Mcdavid carrying a guy who's historically been able to produce .5ppg to put up points than I am that we can have a second line without Drai that doesn't suck.
McDavids line struggles defensively with Nuge up there, you want to put an even worse player up there?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

I'd personally prefer Holloway-McDavid-Puljujarvi and a reunited DRY line. But I don't think Yams has been tried with McNuge yet, right? That might still work.

Reactions: nabob

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Media keeps asking Tippett what will get Kassian going.

The only thing I imagine that can is being stapled to McDavid, it wasn't a good player evaluation by Holland to sign him during his PDO bender with 97.

Reactions: RalphKing

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Media keeps asking Tippett what will get Kassian going.

The only thing I imagine that can is being stapled to McDavid, it wasn't a good player evaluation by Holland to sign him during his PDO bender with 97.
I didn’t mind Kassian last game actually... for whatever that’s worth. Rare that happens though.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad