Post-Game Talk: #11 | FLYERS (H) vs. Bruins (A) | Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2021 | Loss 4-3 (OT)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Ok so this wasn't like a "I dont want to drink anymore" kinda thing. This was a "I dont currently feel the desire to" thing.

Phew. I was scared for a second.

It's a "We'll see what happens." I haven't missed it a tiny bit except for the times I walk by the liquor section in Wegman's and consider seeing if they have anything decent. I do think I'm done with drinking swill to be polite.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I will put it this way. Ever since the pandemic and various lockdowns, I have not returned home by 6am, nor have I gotten into a fight with a blind actually one-eyed old drunk guy who was furious at me - but he was so drunk that he forgot he was pissed at me after 20 seconds.

Good times. :laugh:

....I think you and I could have a good time in Prague.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's a "We'll see what happens." I haven't missed it a tiny bit except for the times I walk by the liquor section in Wegman's and consider seeing if they have anything decent. I do think I'm done with drinking swill to be polite.

Yeah, if the choice is swill or sober, I usually default to the latter. I actually drain poured a beer last night. Rare occasion for me but, in fairness, I lost the crowler at the back of the fridge.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I swear to Buddha at the eventual party at Jojo's place that will be funded by my eventual lotto win, only three people will be awake taking care of all you drunkards. Me, Striiker and Strawberry.
Absolutely no f***ing chance. :laugh:

My impatience on here is nothing compared to my impatience with drunk people. I’ll snap so fast.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I will put it this way. Ever since the pandemic and various lockdowns, I have not returned home by 6am, nor have I gotten into a fight with a blind actually one-eyed old drunk guy who was furious at me - but he was so drunk that he forgot he was pissed at me after 20 seconds.

Good times. :laugh:

That description conjured up an image... and as a result you just made me miss Czech kebabs so much...

Genuinely think you guys have some of the best kebas in Europe. Just the way they are grilled at the end... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

This is very much me anymore. I'm not sure what the catalyst was, but I cut down on drinking and pushed up the quality of what I drink when I do. Getting drunk is no longer on the table.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
That description conjured up an image... and as a result you just made me miss Czech kebabs so much...

Genuinely think you guys have some of the best kebas in Europe. Just the way they are grilled at the end... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yeah nothing screams Central Europe like all those Vietnamese shops here (due to Vietnamese coming to Czechoslovakia from friendly Communist Vietnam in the 70s) and the kebab everywhere :laugh: Tasty though

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I swear to Buddha at the eventual party at Jojo's place that will be funded by my eventual lotto win, only three people will be awake taking care of all you drunkards. Me, Striiker and Strawberry.
In his book, John Scott talks some about Shane Doan, who didn't drink. While the rest of the team would be pounding down beers on flights home, Doan would ask the stewardess/flight attendant/whatever you wanna call them for a chocolate milk. He would finish his drink, then politely and meekly ask if could please have another.

That would be me in our hypothetical party scenario

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
In his book, John Scott talks some about Shane Doan, who didn't drink. While the rest of the team would be pounding down beers on flights home, Doan would ask the stewardess/flight attendant/whatever you wanna call them for a chocolate milk. He would finish his drink, then politely and meekly ask if could please have another.

That would probably be the three of us. Meanwhile all these party animals are going bonkers.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

I think we’re Doan here

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Isn't that what designer drugs are for? People who don't drink? :laugh::sarcasm:

Genuine story. Me and some friends went to a friend of a friends house party once... my friend was not drinking at the time due to medication he was on for some kind of infection.

This guy - who we had maybe met once before - offered everyone a beer on entry, everyone apart from him took one. He said something to the tune of "nah, cant drink"... the guy promptly said "ah, no problem", and instead offered him an option of cocaine or MDMA... when he said "no thanks" again the guy looked veeeery confused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad