Post-Game Talk: #11 | Flyers at Sabres | November 3rd, 2023 | Flyers win 5-1

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Flyers are more fun to watch this year than previous years. For me it’s the influx of young talent that has actually been helping the club….Farabee, Brink, Forester, Frost, Zamula, York, Tippett… I turn the games on to watch these guys mostly. I mean TK, Sanheim and Couts are great and they are fun to watch but we know what they are capable of. I like Cates too, but he doesn’t have the offensive upside as the other guys.

A few notes on the game:
-Good to see Ersson stand up and play well for the most part. The one goal was weak and rebound control wasn’t great early, but overall very solid performance.
-the TK-Frost-Foerster line is playing well. TK and Frost are a match made in heaven. They need to stick together.
-After watching Frost over the last 3 games, it’s crazy that anyone could defend his scratching for 6 games…He’s too good to be kept out for that long.
-Nothing against Cates, but last night it was clear how important Couts is to the ‘top’ line wingers of Tippett, Atkinson. They didn’t play poorly, but they were the least effective line
-Zamula, who I thought has been poor over the last few, was better tonight. To be expected, but it’s nice to see him get ice time
-that Poehling pass was sick

I hold no false illusions that this team is actually one of the best teams in the league, but right now they are playing well. I worry longterm about their plans, but F it. For the time being, I’ll watch some of the younger players progress
I cant bring myself watching this team anymore. I lost sleep over 20 years because i wanted to see the flyers. Sometimes i dont slept at all before going back to work when the flyers was on a westcoast trip. They have killed all my interest and my passion for the game.

I would love to take the same approach as you. But i tried it a few times and got bored after 10 minutes of hockey. Baseball of all Sports.... is now more entertaining for me..... its just sad!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers are more fun to watch this year than previous years. For me it’s the influx of young talent that has actually been helping the club….Farabee, Brink, Forester, Frost, Zamula, York, Tippett… I turn the games on to watch these guys mostly. I mean TK, Sanheim and Couts are great and they are fun to watch but we know what they are capable of. I like Cates too, but he doesn’t have the offensive upside as the other guys.

A few notes on the game:
-Good to see Ersson stand up and play well for the most part. The one goal was weak and rebound control wasn’t great early, but overall very solid performance.
-the TK-Frost-Foerster line is playing well. TK and Frost are a match made in heaven. They need to stick together.
-After watching Frost over the last 3 games, it’s crazy that anyone could defend his scratching for 6 games…He’s too good to be kept out for that long.
-Nothing against Cates, but last night it was clear how important Couts is to the ‘top’ line wingers of Tippett, Atkinson. They didn’t play poorly, but they were the least effective line
-Zamula, who I thought has been poor over the last few, was better tonight. To be expected, but it’s nice to see him get ice time

I hold no false illusions that this team is actually one of the best teams in the league, but right now they are playing well. I worry longterm about their plans, but F it. For the time being, I’ll watch some of the younger players progress
They had 10 players 25 and under, plus Sanheim (27), and TK (26) in the lineup last night.
The reason they're playing young players is they have young players worth playing. It's that simple.
They have three 1st rd picks in the pipeline, plus a bunch of other prospects.

I think Briere will have to make deals at some point, he has 10 guys worthy of a top 9 role, Gauthier on the way, Rizzo might turn pro, and a couple Phantoms will probably make a case for a promotion by spring.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Staal (36), Couturier (29) and Risto (29) would be playing every game if they weren’t hurt.

And posted in the roster thread
Risto would replace Belpedio, Staal/Seeler, so Couts is the only one who'd bench a younger player - and he ain't going nowhere.

Staal surprised me on the Edge stats, he's been one of the faster Flyer D-men, might have some TDL value if he comes back healthy.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

A few notes on the game:

The flyers at least have flyers forward talent to compete. Of course they need Michkov to be the future Batman but at least they have Robin's and Alfred's instead of Aunt Mae's.

Defense long way to go. But Walker been a nice surprise.

Morgan Freeman Tim Robbins GIF - Morgan Freeman Tim Robbins The Shawshank Redemption GIFs

Last edited:
Reactions: VladDrag

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Risto would replace Belpedio, Staal/Seeler, so Couts is the only one who'd bench a younger player - and he ain't going nowhere.

Staal surprised me on the Edge stats, he's been one of the faster Flyer D-men, might have some TDL value if he comes back healthy.
Still think Staal and Seeler aren’t In The same line up lol

If only there was pre of to look back on

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Billy Barber should have won it. He was the best rookie his rookie year, but the powers that decide that stuff thought the Rangers Steve Vickers should win it I guess because it was better for the league to have a New York player win it than someone from another city?
I do remember that that Calder was somewhat controversial....Barber certainly was as good as Vickers and certainly in the long run was.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Staal will not replace Seeler.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna