Post-Game Talk: #11 | Flyers at Sabres | November 3rd, 2023 | Flyers win 5-1

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
The Brink/Farabee connection has been a real thing and this GDT read like an annoying game to miss for that duo. I cannot fathom why ESPN+ doesn't carry random games, it's not like this was televised here.
I had to illegally stream it, which is annoying because I pay for EVERY god damn streaming service (tax write off for me). No reason I shouldn't have had it available to me

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
They seem like a club full of talented players who have a sense of entitlement. Like their skill set automatically makes them deserving of wins. There’s no grit there. Not a bunch of workers who are willing to pay a physical price to win.
They could unironically use torts and Hart. At a certain point their GM needs to stop looking towards the future because their future doesn’t seem to be coming. They need to trade a 1st or one of their good prospects to make things happen now

Reactions: renberg

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I have to ask...is Brink still considered a Rookie? If so, he must be up there as one of the top Rookie scorers.....A year ago I thought he was history....what a turn around....

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
4th line had a great game, primarily b/c Buffalo's players didn't want anything to deal with them.
It's not about fighting, but hitting. You could see them shy away along the boards.

As far as the Hathaway fight, lands a clean hit, then Cozens cross checks him in the small of the back as he's skating away, so Hathaway took umbrage at a dirty shot.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I didn't get to watch either, despite having the Hulu/ disney / espn bundle the only option I saw tonight was the Debs game. :/ other measures yielded no joy.

And from the sound of it I missed a good one.

Reactions: Sombastate

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Very cool....I don't know how many of my Fellow Flyers fans are aware but in all of Flyer history, we have never won the Calder Rookie of the year.....nice to see Brink up there......
Billy Barber should have won it. He was the best rookie his rookie year, but the powers that decide that stuff thought the Rangers Steve Vickers should win it I guess because it was better for the league to have a New York player win it than someone from another city?

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Flyers are more fun to watch this year than previous years. For me it’s the influx of young talent that has actually been helping the club….Farabee, Brink, Forester, Frost, Zamula, York, Tippett… I turn the games on to watch these guys mostly. I mean TK, Sanheim and Couts are great and they are fun to watch but we know what they are capable of. I like Cates too, but he doesn’t have the offensive upside as the other guys.

A few notes on the game:
-Good to see Ersson stand up and play well for the most part. The one goal was weak and rebound control wasn’t great early, but overall very solid performance.
-the TK-Frost-Foerster line is playing well. TK and Frost are a match made in heaven. They need to stick together.
-After watching Frost over the last 3 games, it’s crazy that anyone could defend his scratching for 6 games…He’s too good to be kept out for that long.
-Nothing against Cates, but last night it was clear how important Couts is to the ‘top’ line wingers of Tippett, Atkinson. They didn’t play poorly, but they were the least effective line
-Zamula, who I thought has been poor over the last few, was better tonight. To be expected, but it’s nice to see him get ice time
-that Poehling pass was sick

I hold no false illusions that this team is actually one of the best teams in the league, but right now they are playing well. I worry longterm about their plans, but F it. For the time being, I’ll watch some of the younger players progress

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hathaway is gonna be getting Konecny ice time. You know this staff went absolutely ape shit over the fight with Cozens. That's the 'grit' and 'spirit' they're looking for.
Did you turn off the TV mid-fight in disgust & apologize to Sabres fans?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Flyers are more fun to watch this year than previous years. For me it’s the influx of young talent that has actually been helping the club….Farabee, Brink, Forester, Frost, Zamula, York, Tippett… I turn the games on to watch these guys mostly. I mean TK, Sanheim and Couts are great and they are fun to watch but we know what they are capable of. I like Cates too, but he doesn’t have the offensive upside as the other guys.

A few notes on the game:
-Good to see Ersson stand up and play well for the most part. The one goal was weak and rebound control wasn’t great early, but overall very solid performance.
-the TK-Frost-Foerster line is playing well. TK and Frost are a match made in heaven. They need to stick together.
-After watching Frost over the last 3 games, it’s crazy that anyone could defend his scratching for 6 games…He’s too good to be kept out for that long.
-Nothing against Cates, but last night it was clear how important Couts is to the ‘top’ line wingers of Tippett, Atkinson. They didn’t play poorly, but they were the least effective line
-Zamula, who I thought has been poor over the last few, was better tonight. To be expected, but it’s nice to see him get ice time

I hold no false illusions that this team is actually one of the best teams in the league, but right now they are playing well. I worry longterm about their plans, but F it. For the time being, I’ll watch some of the younger players progress
Very well said.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland

The curse of scoring on the Flyers the other night.

They played as a team last night as many people have said.

BTW....Emiid.....here is a picture of the L3 very light "tank"-ette

1699100426293.png

Non rotating turret with a pair of machine guns. Travelling through a narrow passage, the Ethiopians on the hills would roll boulders down. Or they would sneak up behind and set the engine on fire. It got so bad they, the tankers, would put on rear view mirrors. Renault made most of them.

To be fair here, their light tanks were slightly better. They did develop a medium tank which was not bad. The Germans used them in Italy after Italy ceased fire.

The Italians did a real no-no: used mustard gas in Ethiopia. Stopped when they realized the number of Italian dead was more than expected: wind conditions

They used mostly Moto Guzzi motorcycles in the war. HD of Italy. Actually test road one: V7.
Fast by Ferracci in Willow Grove [ closed down in mid 2010s] was the Moto Guzzi dealer. Most famous for their Ducati motorcyles and racing. I had the 1991 Ducati 851 SuperBike. What a beast

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

A few notes on the game:

Kinda weird that this "why don't we let the young guys actually play" strategy we've always advocated for works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad