GDT: #11 Coyotes @ Sharks - Chalkboard Edition - 1:00 PM PST

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Nashville, Dallas and St.Louis on this upcoming road trip. Expect more games like this. :laugh:

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Nashville, Dallas and St.Louis on this upcoming road trip. Expect more games like this. :laugh:

If they can't score on CBJ, then it's time to panic. Better enjoy the games against the Hawks because that's the only team that will open up and play a skill game.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Best game they have played in awhile. The Sharks outplayed the Coyotes this game. Yet another reason I hate the shootout.

This. They underlyings were likely better than they have been all season for this game. This is good. Burns apparently is a big deal. And taking Murray out. I did not see the team get hemmed in this game at all (only watched the last 2.5 periods though).

Jeez, because they blow in shootouts and shouldn't demand to be in the shootout because there are people on the team who are actually kinda good at it?

This. It's not news to see Handzus in the shootout, and I get Burns, get him going. Sheppard was a risk but he needs to pot one soon. He seems like he's an offensive torrent waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I might just not watch the St. Louis game.

It's a double-edged sword. The Blues are struggling because Halak is injured and Elliot sucks. So, normally it would benefit the Sharks if Halak is out and the backup plays. But the Sharks suck against backups so... we're screwed whether Halak or Elliot plays.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
How was Burns today? I am guessing rusty .. but wondering how rusty?

From what I saw over the last 2.5 periods, damn good for someone who hasn't played in almost a year. I think he positively drove play and possession for the most part and contributed to our possession dominance. He did take a couple burnisian gambles that made things a little hairy, but our defense, particularly stuart, is better equipped this year to make up for those mistakes.

eastbayjoker

Jan 24, 2006
CA
Yep.

29-19-8
12-39-9
15-26-57
21-23-37

44-22
7-88
61-5

Clowe looked better though. His anticipation and boardwork still need work, but he's getting better.

Great, at the rate he's going he'll be on the score sheet by the end of March.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
From what I saw over the last 2.5 periods, damn good for someone who hasn't played in almost a year. I think he positively drove play and possession for the most part and contributed to our possession dominance. He did take a couple burnisian gambles that made things a little hairy, but our defense, particularly stuart, is better equipped this year to make up for those mistakes.

With Stuart paired with him..he can afford to gamble once or twice a game. Boyle can also since hes with Vlasic.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
How has Niemi played this season so far?

Stats wise looks good :nod:

Brilliantly. Easily our MVP so far.

As for Burns, I absolutely love having the ability to put one of Vlasic and Stuart with each of Burns and Boyle. Last year, I think our biggest weakness on the backend was the lack of a defensive #4. Stuart is absolutely perfect and we are so incredibly lucky to have him back. Burns, Boyle, Vlasic, and Stuart is a top-4 that can compete with any top-4 group in the league, and Demers and Braun are a helluva bottom pairing. They work really well together.

Basically, it should comes as a shock that our dream defense allowed 21 shots in 65 minutes. They're pretty good.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'm Chev Chelios?

According to this?:

A person you really hate/despise. Someone who is also hard to get rid of.

Used to call someone when ordinary curse words just don't cover it.

Usually located at the end of a sentence.

Used to spice up conversations. Used to replace some words that you have previously said and don't want to make yourself look like an idiot.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chev chelios

NO!

Otherwise you'll have to explain your reference.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
According to this?:

A person you really hate/despise. Someone who is also hard to get rid of.

Used to call someone when ordinary curse words just don't cover it.

Usually located at the end of a sentence.

Used to spice up conversations. Used to replace some words that you have previously said and don't want to make yourself look like an idiot.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chev chelios

NO!

Otherwise you'll have to explain your reference.
Dude...
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0010165/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad