Pre-Game Talk: 11/9 | Fishy, Fishy | Bruins v. New York Fishsticks | 7pm ET (Yahoo!) | NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Brown simply isn't needed in Boston and would be more valuable to Boston playing in Providence ... the focus should be on promoting more players to help with development.

He's a right-shooting RW who can also play center, pretty good on faceoffs.. He is physical, defensively responsible. Better suited for 4th line duty than a prospect who needs more than 8 minutes a night of playing time.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
He's a right-shooting RW who can also play center, pretty good on faceoffs.. He is physical, defensively responsible. Better suited for 4th line duty than a prospect who needs more than 8 minutes a night of playing time.
He is slow as molasses and has very very limited offensive ability, there is a reason why he has been an AHL player for most of his career. He should be down in Providence helping to mentor the kids, not with the Bruins, bringing down the 4th line.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He is slow as molasses and has very very limited offensive ability, there is a reason why he has been an AHL player for most of his career. He should be down in Providence helping to mentor the kids, not with the Bruins, bringing down the 4th line.
Last time he played he was ok.In fact he setup Beecher for an open net that he missed.I have to agree with Bonvie here.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Good news is that 3 of our centers are above 50%. Poitras is struggling but Geekie has helped him out and he's at 55%.

Still a lot of work to be done but it is nice to see Coyle, Zacha and Beecher above 50%.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Good news is that 3 of our centers are above 50%. Poitras is struggling but Geekie has helped him out and he's at 55%.

Still a lot of work to be done but it is nice to see Coyle, Zacha and Beecher above 50%.
Rookies generally aren't great at the dot (don't tell that to Beecher), so I'm not too worried about Poitras.

For sure it is good news about the centers holding their own on faceoffs. Beecher at 55% when 92% of his starts are in the defensive zone is a big deal. Didn't see that coming from a rookie this season. He has been taking quite a bit of pressure off the D and goalie.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I have yet to see him "bring down" the 4th line.

Reactions: lopey

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I know I am a sad Heiney, but I am actually looking forward to seeing how he and Poitras do together. I feel like there could be some magic there with JDB being the North-South shooter
I think it's an intriguing line as well. All three guys are smart and responsible players. Heinen and Poitras are good at finding open players. Jake of course is great at pushing the play. Poitras has been finding open areas without the puck quite a bit but his teammates have not been great at reading the play and getting him the puck in those areas. Heinen might reverse that.

Seems more like a second line than a third one to me, but it doesn't matter since Monty spreads mins fairly evenly across the top 3 lines.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I think it's an intriguing line as well. All three guys are smart and responsible players. Heinen and Poitras are good at finding open players. Jake of course is great at pushing the play. Poitras has been finding open areas without the puck quite a bit but his teammates have not been great at reading the play and getting him the puck in those areas. Heinen might reverse that.

Seems more like a second line than a third one to me, but it doesn't matter since Monty spreads mins fairly evenly across the top 3 lines.
You can see Potsie has a bit of Adams Oates in his game, which I like.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Through 5 games Brown is a -1, sees limited ice time, 0 minutes on the PK, turtle like skating, but yes can win some Face Offs. He's simply a JAG better served in Providence.

Is he hurting the team? Yes, on two significant fronts "taking away player development minutes" and "zero minutes playing PK because he's unreliable. The dude provides no sustained pressure on O or D.

Yes he's a "Filler" for injuries...but he's a bad filler. How exactly does that help the bruins moving forward?

BTW Marchand started off playing 8 minutes a game...thinking in helped him...No?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad