Pre-Game Talk: 11/9 | Fishy, Fishy | Bruins v. New York Fishsticks | 7pm ET (Yahoo!) | NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Hasnt been the same since playoffs and his foot injury. Not sure if he is healthy. He looks slower and tentative out on the ice
I can’t get over the blatant turnovers/bad passes in his own zone.
He will get better…but wow it is bizarre to see some of the plays he is making this season.

Reactions: lopey

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Had my first pt session today. Let me put it to you this way: I will swear on a stack of Bibles that when hospitals hire physical therapists they hire people with known sadistic tendencies. Ouch!

I don’t know how much of the game I will watch or if I will watch at all

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Had my first pt session today. Let me put it to you this way: I will swear on a stack of Bibles that when hospitals hire physical therapists they hire people with known sadistic tendencies. Ouch!

I don’t know how much of the game I will watch or if I will watch at all
It gets better. I had good PT folks. The guy who came to my house for the first two weeks was great.

I was told driving 6-8 weeks....Two for me. I drove myself to my first PT away from the house.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Brown simply isn't needed in Boston and would be more valuable to Boston playing in Providence ... the focus should be on promoting more players to help with development.
Boston has a history of promoting/playing a player that won't hurt them and has no upside, rather than a player with upside that may hurt them. Maybe other teams do this as well.

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
All joking aside though, I think it's going to take him a while to not play scared. Someone else mentioned it's like PTSD and I think that the right analogy.
Ya, I wouldn't fault him if he's a little skittish for a while. Hopefully he gets over it and can still be effective. Who knows, maybe he will be even better a little more restrained.

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Brown's a fringe 4th liner who's just meant to be a vaguely responsible placeholder. Doesn't bother me at all.

My primary interest is on Heinen-Poitras-DeBrusk. That's a really intriguing line with some potential. And the Lohrei-Carlo pair is something I look forward to seeing more of too - those two feel like a natural fit.

Probably going to be a real grind of a game, hope the Bruins can edge out a tight win.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Through 5 games Brown is a -1, sees limited ice time, 0 minutes on the PK, turtle like skating, but yes can win some Face Offs. He's simply a JAG better served in Providence.

Is he hurting the team? Yes, on two significant fronts "taking away player development minutes" and "zero minutes playing PK because he's unreliable. The dude provides no sustained pressure on O or D.

Yes he's a "Filler" for injuries...but he's a bad filler. How exactly does that help the bruins moving forward?

BTW Marchand started off playing 8 minutes a game...thinking in helped him...No?

Brown has played on the PK. 8 minutes in 5 games. He is not unreliable.

Marchand averaged 11:58 in his first 20 games. He had one assists and was -3. He was sent back to Providence.

Just because he turned out to be a great player doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Brown's a fringe 4th liner who's just meant to be a vaguely responsible placeholder. Doesn't bother me at all.

My primary interest is on Heinen-Poitras-DeBrusk. That's a really intriguing line with some potential. And the Lohrei-Carlo pair is something I look forward to seeing more of too - those two feel like a natural fit.

Probably going to be a real grind of a game, hope the Bruins can edge out a tight win.

I would play that line with Debrusk on the LW, Heinen on the RW.

Poitras passing on his backhand to Debrusk on his backhand seems a waste.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Marchand averaged 11:58 in his first 20 games. He had one assists and was -3. He was sent back to Providence.

Just because he turned out to be a great player doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.
Not right - Through 5 games Brown has zero minutes on PK and it's because he's unreliable/slow. I get it, he's a valuable plug. :facepalm:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

How is that a fair comparison? Marchand was 20yo and it was his 1st year in the nhl. Brown has played in the nhl since 2014.

But I actually agree I don't think he's that much of a detriment for some games when there is injuries.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
How is that a fair comparison? Marchand was 20yo and it was his 1st year in the nhl. Brown has played in the nhl since 2014.

But I actually agree I don't think he's that much of a detriment for some games when there is injuries.
He's a detriment to the development of younger players no matter how little minutes that young player gets, it's value added. To the bruin team he's a space filler that does absolutely nothing to help PK, PP, or create chances.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not right - Through 5 games Brown has zero minutes on PK and it's because he's unreliable/slow. I get it, he's a valuable plug. :facepalm:

According to Hockey Reference Brown has played 7.9 minutes of short-handed time.

He has one shot on goal, won 2 faceoffs and lost one. Corsi of 35.7. Fenwick 36.4.

Pretty sure I recall seeeing Brown play short-handed this season. Pretty sure Hockey Reference wouldn't just makeup these numbers.

I believe you have been duped by TSN.

Not comparing Marchand to Brown.

Comparing Marchand to whatever prospect the Bruins were to call up in place of Brown.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad