Post-Game Talk: 11.8.14: FSTN 7 PM CT - Preds @ Booze

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
if anyone thinks we are hard on our players/too pessimistic they need to read the Blues GDT from last night. Even before they lost the lead they were extremely critical. You'd think after a 7 game win streak, losing 2-1 to a good team wouldn't be cause for ripping everybody

I read that, too, last night. :laugh:

Some people are looking for perfection, I suppose.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I have to ask. Now that the Preds are winning do we automatically turn into hipster Preds fans?

'I was a fan BEFORE AIT WAS COOL...'

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Well, Just bothered to check in .. Seriously , people... If someone's comments caused you to lose your enjoyment of the game , Stay off message boards. Don't be so easily bothered.

Everyone likes different aspects of the game. Who wants cookie cutter vanilla, anyway?

And bigfatcat .... All this positive press is a little weird, isn't it. Please don't bring the hipsters here, lol

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
And bigfatcat .... All this positive press is a little weird, isn't it. Please don't bring the hipsters here, lol

God forbid we get the NPD Chicago fans. Lol. But we love to have new fans. I'm the amateur sociologist and I love seeing the mix of Dr Spocks, Mr Spocks, and the Catbirds

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
There is definitely a different feel to the crowd in Nashville. It's a good thing, but the cool kids just need to play with the old folks

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
I have a Bauer Mike Dungam jersey, so I get to claim non bandwagon status

I've got that beat. I have a Jay More jersey hanging in the closet. Bought it opening night of the inaugural season before knowing who any of the players were.:laugh:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Even though I've upgraded over the years, and have gained about 80 pounds since I was 14, I still occasionally rock the signed Cliff Ronning jersey I got in back in 1999 to games. I remember wearing that to high school sometimes when we were allowed to wear whatever we wanted (we had a strict dress code....and no it wasn't a private school. Anyway....) and everyone thought I was odd because I was a Preds fan. It wasn't cool at that point. It was just weird.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Am I the only one who was completely confounded by Stu's "he's as hot as a tube sock in a dryer" comment?

I thought it was a great game frankly. I don't obsess over the GDT's anymore; I post before puck drop and then once or twice after the game. We came into their house, one point back for the Central lead, them on a seven game win streak, and won a nailbiter with two crucial goals from our first line. Peks made some serious saves and there are always things to improve, but I was clapping like an idiot when the clock ran out. They were SO close to tying it with like ~7 seconds left; puck fluttered up an hit Peks in the mask / shoulder. I'll take it!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I have the original name the team party invitations.

We did the original "Name the Team" animation reveal. :) Do you know how HARD it was for me to keep my mouth shut on that one?

I'm guessing tube socks get hotter than other clothes in the dryer because there is less surface material for the heat to be dissipated and the elastic in the socks holds it in further. I'd go with jeans zippers, personally, but I'm not paid to make analogies on the Tee Vee.

Last edited:

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
We did the original "Name the Team" animation reveal. :) Do you know how HARD it was for me to keep my mouth shut on that one?

I'm guessing tube socks get hotter than other clothes in the dryer because there is less surface material for the heat to be dissipated and the elastic in the socks holds it in further. I'd go with jeans zippers, personally, but I'm not paid to make analogies on the Tee Vee.

I have a puck from the open house given to me from the Tennessean that has the logo but just says 'Nashville - NHL Hockey' when they were polling for a team name. I also have to admit that I voted for 'Ice Tigers' as I feared 'Predators' was too vague somehow.

Also have an 'Ice Age Returns' t-shirt deep in the closet with the same logo scheme and a 'Get Bit' shirt from season 2 I got for X-mas the year I lived in StL after college...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I have a puck from the open house given to me from the Tennessean that has the logo but just says 'Nashville - NHL Hockey' when they were polling for a team name. I also have to admit that I voted for 'Ice Tigers' as I feared 'Predators' was too vague somehow.

Was "Fury" an option for naming the team? I remember it was a choice for something. I think I liked that the best, even though now I think it's terrible.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
So, there are no radio stations with the Preds game on between Florence AL and Athens AL and then between Athens and Columbia. But I persevered and was able to get the occasional NHL score feed on my phone. Technology is a wonderful thing.

Pies are late, but they're ready. Have some!

FYI for those games, 1120AM KMOX out of StL can be picked up in and around Hunts-Vegas at night. Very strong clear channel signal at night and always fun to hear the 'enemy' broadcast to get a read on what they think of our merry band of miscreants on ice...

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I don't think there was ever a real choice--don't know that for sure, but we knew the name was going to be "Nashville Predators" pretty early on in the process.

I have a Fangtastic Finale from the first season when we played New Jersey. Wish I had the puck from opening night but our business partner and his then wife went to that one since he'd headed up the opening animation for the team. I got to go to game 2 so I got to see the first goal, first shattered glass, and the first win.

Thanks for info on 1120--I'll add that to the presets for next time. I was searching and it didn't pull in any hockey, but you know how the radio will skip over some stations but will come in if it's pre-set.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
I don't think there was ever a real choice--don't know that for sure, but we knew the name was going to be "Nashville Predators" pretty early on in the process.

I have a Fangtastic Finale from the first season when we played New Jersey. Wish I had the puck from opening night but our business partner and his then wife went to that one since he'd headed up the opening animation for the team. I got to go to game 2 so I got to see the first goal, first shattered glass, and the first win.

I was there that night too! I had to go to MTSU Homecoming with my future in-laws on Opening Night. Glad they still had all of the Ice Age stuff at the entrance for Opening Night Part II. Pred's Captain, Tom Fitzgerald was even one of the ESPN plays of the day doing a butt slide in stride across the bench rail entering the offensive zone in that game (13 second mark of clip: http://video.predators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=133444)!! That and they still had Hartword Whaler animations on the board despite playing the Hurricanes (former Whalers).

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Man, I wish I kept more of the stuff from the first couple years. I know I have some ticket stubs from way back, but if I had an og jersey it'd be thrashed and full of stains.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Just checked billing records. We invoiced for the initial Nashville Predators logo on 11/15/97. :)

A lot of my stuff got ruined when we had a mini flood in the garage. I had one of those magazines they sent to season ticket holders that had a picture of the crowd going wild after a score--all except my husband, who was standing right dead in the middle of them, stone faced and glaring at the ice. Ha ha!

Last edited:

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
I have the Inaugural Game ticket hanging next to me in my office in the clear pouch/lanyard that was given away.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
I'll jump in ... I have every game ticket with the score on the back. Still make them print my tickets ... I need to do something with those. LOL

Also, still have my Lady Liberty NYR jersey I wore along the red carpet as the Board of Governor's walked in to tour the Nashville Arena prior to the team being awarded. Got to meet Mike Ilitch as my buddy was sporting a Wings jersey and he walked over to shake his hand.

Good memories ... I think that's why so many of us have a little bit of an unhealthy addiction to this club ... we were there when it was birthed. Yes, fan is short for FANATIC ...

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
I was 7 when the predators started to play and have an Inaugural game puck with the authentication and everything. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad