GDT: 11/6/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Edmonton vs Tampa Bay

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
I'll play the devils advocate (sorta).

Did Joseph deserve the hit? Yes. He did a few slashes/hits that weren't "ok".

Does any player at any time whatsoever deserve to be pummeled into the ice after they were just rocked by a player with 40+ pounds on them on an unsuspecting blind hit where the puck was literally on the other side of the rink?

Absolutely not.

It should without question, especially with his history, be a 2 game suspension.

The hit is fine and that's a penalty. The scrum + extra hits (in the scrum that ensued) is a 10min misconduct. The punched a dude in the head while he's face first on the ice is a suspension. Concussions are already a big enough deal to not have to deal with players intentionally causing them after pre-meditated hits.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think Lucic will be suspended. At least not long-term. The optics were just really bad. I think mainly he was trying to scare Joseph, and it sure as hell scared me, because, to me, it looked like he was going to hurt the kid. Which is why I wouldn't have been opposed to a flying knee. Because you can't trust Lucic not to do something beyond stupid in that spot.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
If you'll check the Bolts Jolts account on Twitter, you can see some rare examples of Pejorative Slured, from Edmonton Oilers fanbase...

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Patrick Sharp on nbcsn:

"We didn't even mention the name Victor Hedman tonight, a Norris trophy winning defensemen. Great team here in Tampa. Tough to find a weakness top to bottom."

Reactions: Master P

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos with three good games in a row.

We've got a streak!

If both he and Kucherov start playing well at the same time... and nothing falls apart in the meantime... does that mean, finally, "all cylinders"? Because pretty much everybody else is playing really well at the moment.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Streamed the game here at Disney. Go bolts! F lucic

Mcnobody!

Reactions: DFC

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I don't think Lucic will be suspended. At least not long-term. The optics were just really bad. I think mainly he was trying to scare Joseph, and it sure as hell scared me, because, to me, it looked like he was going to hurt the kid. Which is why I wouldn't have been opposed to a flying knee. Because you can't trust Lucic not to do something beyond stupid in that spot.
Completely agree with this - the final product really wasn't that terrible. It was just the fact that Lucic is an ape, and I didn't know what he was planning on doing in the heat of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad