GDT: 11/6/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Edmonton vs Tampa Bay

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
It has become clear to me that McD was a lot more injured than advertised when he came to the Bolts last spring and through the playoffs. He is a different and far better player now. And if the fix isn't in for the big 4 this year, he should be in the Norris conversation based on his play. An absolute beast out there.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
It has become clear to me that McD was a lot more injured than advertised when he came to the Bolts last spring and through the playoffs. He is a different and far better player now. And if the fix isn't in for the big 4 this year, he should be in the Norris conversation based on his play. An absolute beast out there.
they mentioned in the broadcast that he had a sports hernia. difficulty skating backwards, etc.

woof.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
He would've gotten his ass kicked but that definitely gets your team mates' respect.
Oh, for sure, but he wouldn't have backed down. I'm certain of it. Btw, did you see the interview with Gourde? He is freakin' tiny. I mean, I knew it, especially after those pics that came out right after his kid was born last year, but I still can't get over it given how he plays and where he gets his goals. Amazing.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Sports hernia? Missed that. Not now though, right?
yeah, they were mentioned how much better he was skating since he was better. I mean, it's obvious, but i guess some can also be attributed to learnign the system.

without a doubt McD has a history of not withstanding a full season, but all of us here are hopeful that was due to being the workhorse in NY. Hedman needs to get back so he can bank post season minutes during the regular season.

Reactions: pursuit81

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Stamkos was awesome tonight. Loved seeing him bark at the bench. Point, Kuch, Stralman, McD, Cirelli and Koekkoek I all thought had really good games. Probably missing some others. Johnson another.

The only thing I didn't like was the lackluster 4 min PP after the Lucic antics.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Man, I don't know what happened but Stammer is looking fantastic out there. Its like night and day.
That first goal by Kucherov was an actual throwback to early last season. They just skated circles around the Oilers and connectes their passes rather than forcing the cross crease on the power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->