GDT: 11/6/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Edmonton vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Man, Johnson-Point-Gourde are faaaast.

A lot of things last night felt vintage/signature. Stamkos's goal felt like something out of 2011. Both of Kucherov's goals were plays we saw a lot from him last year, including the "Suprise! I'm throwing it on net" goal. Gourde is our only guy who tips shots. The first goal was vintage Johnson, breaking away from Nurse and creating havoc in front of the net. And McDonagh saves a sure goal.

It was a good night.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
Totally agree about Miller, he has a hell of a shot especially for a player who doesn't always take advantage of it. What a bunch of hypocrites in Edmonton. Talk about cheap hits, flying elbows and head hunting and then to call out Joseph by a knuckle dragging, declining to a non existent player in Lucic for a borderline boarding hit. The league needs to take care of this type of tasteless retribution.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Miller had a strong game too, the first lines clicking and they all seem to be on the same page. I seriously don't see where Palat fits when he comes back, all lines seem in sync to me.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Palat is expendable. He has been for a while but it's pretty clear at the moment. I'd say Killorn is too but you have to keep one of them for the year. There's times where I don't even know Killorn is on the team until he falls down.

Reactions: DekeR

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Palat is expendable. He has been for a while but it's pretty clear at the moment. I'd say Killorn is too but you have to keep one of them for the year. There's times where I don't even know Killorn is on the team until he falls down.
All jokes aside I think Killorn is an important part of the team. There were multiple instances in the game last night where he was able to just take the puck and shield it away from the oilers with his body. He may not be the most graceful but he gives the team some size and strength down low. Especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Killorn's not scoring much, but it seems like he's making more plays than we've seen since his first year or two on the team.

Reactions: Master P

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Man oh man soooooo many dipshits on the main boards actually defending Lucic while calling Joseph a dirty p.o.s.. Crap like that is why hockey fans get such a bad rep. There is no doubt Joseph should have gotten a boarding call but there’s no excuse for the way Lucic handled it. And don’t get me wrong I don’t think he deserved anything more than a 1 or MAYBE 2 game suspension, (mainly because of his past) but at the same time this isn’t the 70’s the game has evolved. I can understand wanting to send a message but not like that. Anyway just my opinion so back off. :)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What a joke, and yet I'm somehow not surprised. I fail to see how a player with his reputation and a record of multiple fines and multiple suspensions gets a slap on the wrist for a premeditated attack on another player. Could you imagine if it was Paquette who chased down McDavid and did that to him? And what if McDavid was subsequently injured? Oh, man. :shakehead

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What a joke, and yet I'm somehow not surprised. I fail to see how a player with his reputation and a record of multiple fines and multiple suspensions gets a slap on the wrist for a premeditated attack on another player. Could you imagine if it was Paquette who chased down McDavid and did that to him? And what if McDavid was subsequently injured? Oh, man. :shakehead

It's because the attack itself wasn't that bad. All the worst parts about it were what it looked like "might" happen, but those things never did. I think the NHL was also in a bit of a spot because they let the Marchand-Eller incident go, and that was probably worse than this, even though Lucic did a lot more "stalking." It's the stalking that got him fined, I think, as it should have.

I still wouldn't have been opposed to somebody taking a major cheap shot at him in the heat of the moment, simply because of what it "looked" like was happening. I mean, I know personally, I was legitimately afraid for Joseph, in just a human way, because it looked like Lucic was losing it. In hindsight, it's clear Lucic that that's what Lucic wanted it to look like, but also that he wasn't trying to hurt the kid a whole lot. Which is why he only got fined.

That said, the NHL is asking for trouble by allowing this kind of thing to creep back into the game. Only a matter of time before some player does "lose it" in the heat of the moment, if they think they're enforcing some noble code (that doesn't really exist anymore), and we get another Bertuzzi-Moore situation.

This play is exactly why goons used to be on NHL teams. Because they could hold players accountable, and nobody cared if they got a misconduct. Bertuzzi-Moore showed us the dangers in that. But we've had two instances now, this one, and Marchard-Eller, where the NHL has shrugged its shoulders at a 1970s/1980s style mugging.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It's because the attack itself wasn't that bad. All the worst parts about it were what it looked like "might" happen, but those things never did. I think the NHL was also in a bit of a spot because they let the Marchand-Eller incident go, and that was probably worse than this, even though Lucic did a lot more "stalking." It's the stalking that got him fined, I think, as it should have.

I still wouldn't have been opposed to somebody taking a major cheap shot at him in the heat of the moment, simply because of what it "looked" like was happening. I mean, I know personally, I was legitimately afraid for Joseph, in just a human way, because it looked like Lucic was losing it. In hindsight, it's clear Lucic that that's what Lucic wanted it to look like, but also that he wasn't trying to hurt the kid a whole lot. Which is why he only got fined.

That said, the NHL is asking for trouble by allowing this kind of thing to creep back into the game. Only a matter of time before some player does "lose it" in the heat of the moment, if they think they're enforcing some noble code (that doesn't really exist anymore), and we get another Bertuzzi-Moore situation.

This play is exactly why goons used to be on NHL teams. Because they could hold players accountable, and nobody cared if they got a misconduct. Bertuzzi-Moore showed us the dangers in that. But we've had two instances now, this one, and Marchard-Eller, where the NHL has shrugged its shoulders at a 1970s/1980s style mugging.

Maybe the NHL wants to bring back the goons to the game. Seemed like a lot of people were wanting that type of game to return in the Lucic thread yesterday.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The officials obviously cannot impose the rules so of course we need overpaid, useless has-beens chasing rookies way off the play and teach them a lesson! Lucic of course is a veteran abiding by the rules so he took matters in his own hands. We need more of these guys keeping those stupid kids with their music and parties from disrespecting the rule book.

Reactions: JDBolt

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3