GDT: 11/5/15 - MOVEMBER BABY! Wild vs Preds - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
By far the best hockey team the Wild have faced this season. And we still had them on the ropes.

Everybody calm down.

The games are too far between. Every time we lose it feels like we haven't won in ages.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I still don't know what to think about that whistle..sucks

I think if the ref had been leaning on the back of net. Saw no puck trickle the whistle blows no problem right away.

I would bet the ref was ready to blow the whistle then saw Dubby looking around and hesitated for second. Real time it was like yeah wait maybe not, then oh no whoops.

As a goalie you hear no whistle you have to think something is wrong.

Just bad timing all around.

A guy takes an extra shot at our player, Suter whacks him. Suter gets the only 2. Neal runs into Carter and there is a smaller scrum and it gets evened up.

Slow whistles vs quick whistles.

All judgement calls.

All we had to do was score on the 5v3 and its all OK. We had our chances to get back. Some of those were maybe lighter make up calls. We had the chances to make it even. All you can ask.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Get Suter off that top PP.

IF the other Dmen( Scandella, Spurge, Dumba) show that they are able to do adequate zone entries then I'm all for taking Suter off the PP, if for no other reason than to rest him and use his TOI for critical defensive situations, where he is elite, IMO. Until they do, however, I'm OK with keeping Suter out there TOGETHER with one of the above mentioned Dmen as designated trigger/ clap bomb man. I would suggest Scandella or Dumba, as Spurge is best suited to running the #2 PP.

The three Dmen mentioned are a far better option on the point than anyone else, and that includes Parise. Love him, but he is better as a low position shooter.

Granlund is a decent puck handler, but he has to have it made clear to him that if he isn't a threat to shoot ( I.e. The odd give and go play) then the defenders will simply sit back and cover the pass, which will result in a stagnant PP where he over handles the puck. Both he and Suter can get agonizingly deliberate. As long as they are balanced by two shooters (Dumba, Parise), it's ok.

Having said all that, the PP is producing. Just hope Yeo noticed who is scoring, who isn't, and rewards PP TOI accordingly.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Why would you blindly look whether it was primary or secondary assist. Secondary assist could be a break out pass to break-away or just very good pass but primary could be a simple 5 meter pass to guy next to him who rifles it to goal. You need to know the context.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Why would you blindly look whether it was primary or secondary assist. Secondary assist could be a break out pass to break-away or just very good pass but primary could be a simple 5 meter pass to guy next to him who rifles it to goal. You need to know the context.

Exactly. Secondary assists can be a great breakout pass to lead to a goal. Primary assists can be just a little 3 foot pass in the corner where the scorer does all the work himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad