BRUINS GDT 11/4 | Game 11: Motown and Bound | Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings | 7pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bruins weren't good enough to be worthy of a win, Detroit was. Simple as that.

This is the sort of game that I expected to see 82 times this season. Not anything to do with effort either. Without herculean efforts from the goaltenders, they're a .500 team to this point, and this is exactly what those 10 other games look like with typical goaltending.

Wotherspoon being wrecked by Larkin to the outside was embarrassing. Welcome to the show.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
hey i went out during the 3rd - any youtube channels that would have highlights that include things like the abuse of officials etc?

Maybe they had a different angle in postgame or something, but watching live we really didn't get to see/hear anything relative to the abuse of officials. They were over near the faceoff circle, and then the ref skated over and whistled the penalty

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Maybe they had a different angle in postgame or something, but watching live we really didn't get to see/hear anything relative to the abuse of officials. They were over near the faceoff circle, and then the ref skated over and whistled the penalty
Funny how the Detroit coach F Bombed the shit out of the refs with no call. It's like Monty paid for his mouthy crap too.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
i can’t listen to the away team broadcast and i can’t stand jack struggling through each game
I've been watching the games at a much lower volume than usual. I don't totally pay attention to the audio now because it's legitimately upsetting at times to hear how bad Jack can get. Love the guy and wish him the best, it's just getting ugly.

Reactions: lopey and BMC

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Next game that the Wings come here I want to see several Wings hammered thru the boards starting with Wolman and Larkin. Larkins diving, whining and acting job made me lose all respect for him.

Larkin isn't tough for sure, but Walman will answer the bell.

Walman has interesting bloodline as he is Jake Lamota's grandnephew.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Also, being in Detroit, they had the last change and could put their best players on the ice against them. I thought Wotherspoon played pretty well. Don't think Mitchell played badly.

Witherspoon had a pretty key mistake turning his back on Larkin that lead to an
important goal. He made a good breakout pass on #13 goal.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
i can’t listen to the away team broadcast and i can’t stand jack struggling through each game
I watched a game from 93 on NESN+ before and Cusick and Turk just made me think how bad Edwards and Brickley are even 10 years ago before Jack slowed down. Not sure why NESN thinks its an acceptable product.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well I think the injuries/suspension caught up with us tonight. A few defensive errors here and there. Mistakes were made. I'm not sure Detroit takes charge of that game without their PP though (which is very good) and the refs were a little iffy so it's just a regular season loss, no big deal.

If we can go .500 until McAvoy comes back it'll still be a remarkable achievement.

That Poitras goal was a thing of beauty though wasn't it? That's the takeaway.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Colorado currently getting blown out 6-0 by Vegas. Sure it's against the champs in their own barn, but still, 6-0. Point is it's a tough league, and you're going to win some and lose some, and sometimes just have a bad game or period. Bruins fans have been very spoiled of late, and we need to remember that there's plenty of other good teams out there who are every bit as eager to bank wins. Fell on the wrong side of the ledger tonight, cop it and prepare to go again and do a bit better against another solid opponent in Dallas.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Meh, I listened to the Detroit feed, and Daniel’s is fine but the color guy sounded like a pile of sludge.

Color guy is Mickey Redmond and yeah not great. Brickley is a lot better than Redmond.

Colorado currently getting blown out 6-0 by Vegas. Sure it's against the champs in their own barn, but still, 6-0. Point is it's a tough league, and you're going to win some and lose some, and sometimes just have a bad game or period. Bruins fans have been very spoiled of late, and we need to remember that there's plenty of other good teams out there who are every bit as eager to bank wins. Fell on the wrong side of the ledger tonight, cop it and prepare to go again and do a bit better against another solid opponent in Dallas.

Vegas looks borderline unbeatable. They stay healthy it will be an upset for anyone to beat them. Bruins will be in tough against Dallas. They are much stronger defensively
than Detroit, especially in net. Really feeling the suspension of McAvoy now not to mention Forbort and Gryz.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I've been watching the games at a much lower volume than usual. I don't totally pay attention to the audio now because it's legitimately upsetting at times to hear how bad Jack can get. Love the guy and wish him the best, it's just getting ugly.

I didn't catch much of tonight's game, but I have to say, I hope NESN and the Bruins bring in a new play by play and color team next season.

I like both Jack and Brick, but I don't want to listen to them anymore. For me, their time has passed.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I didn't catch much of tonight's game, but I have to say, I hope NESN and the Bruins bring in a new play by play and color team next season.

I like both Jack and Brick, but I don't want to listen to them anymore. For me, their time has passed.
I had to watch the homer Detroit feed, (talk about bias commentary)

I'd take Jack and Brick any day of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad