GDT: 11/4/2014 - Pens @ Wild - 7 PM CT, 3 AM EET - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
wow.. that was hard. :( Gotta come out stronger than that Wild. First home loss of the year though. Still not bad. Just didnt' have our game tonight. Still dont' understand how they can take the time to actually look at it when it's an unreviewable play.. I dont' get that at all. Come on NHL. Be better.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
one of those nights... no real fire until the 3rd. How much do we miss cooke and spurg? koivu's disallowed goal could have gone either way so im not to mad.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
And we've reached the part of the evening where I log off to go vent my range on.....something.

Good night. Or not. Whatever.

P10p

May 15, 2012
emailed nhl.com telling them how garbage the refs are. Swore a bunch and honestly I feel gooooooood now. Hopefully someone sees it :p:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
emailed nhl.com telling them how garbage the refs are. Swore a bunch and honestly I feel gooooooood now. Hopefully someone sees it :p:

dear [email protected], thank you for your interest in our product. We love hearing from you! Here's an officially licensed NHL keychain featuring top player Sidney Crosby. Keep watching!

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I woke up with only 10 mins left in the 3rd. What happened to Zach? Did he get hit bad on some sort of play? Fall awkwardly? What happened?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I woke up with only 10 mins left in the 3rd. What happened to Zach? Did he get hit bad on some sort of play? Fall awkwardly? What happened?

he left in shame after his line sucked all night.
top line my ass.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I mean, I really hate the way they call "goalie interference". In the gifs posted, it certainly looks to me like Greiss makes zero effort to get up and attempt to stop the puck. Perhaps because he knew that with Granlund being even remotely close to him, if he fakes like he's being interfered with by just laying there, he can get a goalie interference call, which he did.

But oh no, how dare I say a hockey player is faking it... Least he could've done is tried, same with Granlund.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
wow.. that was hard. :( Gotta come out stronger than that Wild. First home loss of the year though. Still not bad. Just didnt' have our game tonight. Still dont' understand how they can take the time to actually look at it when it's an unreviewable play.. I dont' get that at all. Come on NHL. Be better.
it really isn't that hard.
Toronto signals they want to review not knowing like us that the on ice call was interference. The ref puts on the head set and tells them the on ice call, end of story!

Pretty simple.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I have to laugh at people thinking it's inappropriate to throw things on the ice after you paid around $100 to watch your team get screwed by officiating like this. The refs deserve every bit of it and a lot more.

The Wild deserved at least a point tonight, but it was unfortunately taken away. All the momentum was with the home team at the end, and who knows what could have happened.

There is an issue that needs to be addressed by the Wild brass. Respect. The Wild do not get it from the officials when they play top teams in the league. The Wild are IMO one of the top teams in the league right now and they have earned it the hard way by building a franchise with homegrown talent and not tanking for superstars, but they don't get it. Weather it's Koivu getting thrown out of the face off dot before he even gets set, or awarding a clear non goal to the Avs in game 7, or getting 0 calls on a Cali road trip it's something that must be addressed. This is something that I feel is keeping the Wild down despite their talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad