Matt Cooke (lower body)
Jared Spurgeon (shoulder)

kZCpWL3.png

UnnaturalTatteredGemsbuck.gif

Make your predictions!

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Yeah, they have some crazy offensive numbers.

Hornqvist and Kunitz are both PPG at this point. Crosby almost 2.0. Insane.

Going to have to play some crazy good defense today.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
This'll be interesting.

I have no idea what to expect.

I like that we're playing really well. I just hope we don't take a night off and look like ****.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
Obvious key to winning this game: STAY THE HECK OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX!

I can pretty much guarantee that a questionable call will be used at least once to swing momentum if Penguins are ever on their heals.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I can pretty much guarantee that a questionable call will be used at least once to swing momentum if Penguins are ever on their heals.

Pens have been on the PP 43 times and on the PK 41 times in 10 games.
Minnesota have been on the PP 31 times and on the PK 28 times in the same number of games.

Maybe style differences mean something here?..... with Minnesota being the team that hits by far the least of any team in the league (of course you have the puck most the time), and Pens being among the more feisty.

I think I can guarantee that both teams will have a questionable call go for and against them, and that fans of both teams will rail against the one and completely forget the other :D.

Really looking forward to the game! Screw ref talk before there is at least something meaningful to gripe about. Likely lots of good hockey to appreciate instead. Here's to a good one.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
So long as we only go to the box a couple times, I'm confident about this one. If we go a few times a period, we are doomed. 89.something% PK be damned, they'll make us pay if we are shorthanded.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I can already see how this goes. Wild cycle and dominate long times on the offensive zone but somehow can't put it in the net. Pens get the odd rushes and refs give them pps on questionable calls. They score on pp.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
The key to the Pens is strong offensive zone possession time. If anything, even with little shots and no scoring, it keeps you out of the penalty box. Eventually, their defensive starts to give up turnovers and their forwards get cold.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
The most annoying thing about these Penguin games is that the bandwagon fans come out of nowhere. Last season there were hundreds of Crosby jerseys in the crowd. You can't tell me these are traveling fans. Bandwagon fans that could care less about hockey unless the "best player in the world" is in town. Hope we send them home sad tonight.

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
The most annoying thing about these Penguin games is that the bandwagon fans come out of nowhere. Last season there were hundreds of Crosby jerseys in the crowd. You can't tell me these are traveling fans. Bandwagon fans that could care less about hockey unless the "best player in the world" is in town. Hope we send them home sad tonight.

First, it's couldn't care less. Second, there are actually a surprising amount of people from PA that come to the games, however I agree that there are way too many bandwagoners that come out of the woodwork. Same with chicago games.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
First, it's couldn't care less. Second, there are actually a surprising amount of people from PA that come to the games, however I agree that there are way too many bandwagoners that come out of the woodwork. Same with chicago games.

I guess I was a bit ignorant in that statement. I'm sure there are people from PA that come out to the game. The worst was the Capitals game last year. I think they were in town on one of the days in January last year where it was -30 out. These two girls came to the game in bikinis and tried to get Ovi's attention all throughout warmups. Thankfully they were kicked out before the game even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad