GDT: 11/3/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Can't help but feel for Bishop, the only game we can score in is the only game he doesn't play in.

He did give up two goals that he usually stops. The first goal wasn't that great a chance and the shooter didn't even hit his spot, Bishop just fanned the glove. Second goal was a poor read on the play and Larkin walked him.

TBL12345

May 19, 2015
NY, NY
As I said earlier, Coop needs to challenge this team to put the puck on the net and get 40 shots. We are trying to make the perfect play. We need to be more of a north and south team. Otherwise, we will continue to bleed.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Hell our one only goal was a post shot too :/. We played great just didn't get results. Reminded me of st. Louis game. Got to regroup and move on and again how many road games are we going to play before having a steady home series lol.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They played well enough to win. Detroit got a bit lucky. I'm not scared of Detroit. We can beat them again in a 7 game series.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
As I said earlier, Coop needs to challenge this team to put the puck on the net and get 40 shots. We are trying to make the perfect play. We need to be more of a north and south team. Otherwise, we will continue to bleed.

I agree with this. Just shoot from everywhere

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kucherov is probably the most guilty of "perfect play-itis". He was last year too, but it was working enough that it wasn't infuriating.

It's infuriating now.

And the last 4 minutes of the 3rd notwithstanding, Stralman needs to be a threat to shoot on the PP. They're just shading Stamkos. Either that, or do some iso **** where Kucherov gets more aggressive on the other side so the team can't cheat as much. Our PP was always best when we had a strong second option on the PP - Kucherov isn't doing that right now. Maybe put Palat there instead and see if he's more willing to pull the trigger.

Bishop needed to stop both of those goals. They were weak. Our D largely played well - I can't recall any real grade A chances that got on net. This was one of those games where the D played a shutout worthy game, but Bish let in a few he'd rather have back. I'd go as far to say as they were both soft, honestly.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Blame the crossbars and posts all you want, the Lightning didn't move their ass to bang it until there was 5 minutes left in the game.

Absolutely pathetic effort by the offense. I swear to God between Filppula and Condra the only thing they get paid for is to kill penalties. Killorn try as he might isn't gonna get anyone going and it's too bad. He's gonna get his 30-40 points but it's gonna take him all 82 games because he's just not a consistent enough offensive players. He's like the muscle car that tops out at 115 mph when everyone else can pull 140 mph.

Namestnikov is wasted on the 4th line playing with Brown. That's not a diss to J.T but the kid isn't gonna score the game winning/game tying goal if Vladdy finds him. McGinn showed a lot of heart but you're not gonna do much with I'm guessing somewhere between 7 to 10 minutes of TOI.

Seriously, it's time to make a change. I'd start with Filppula. As far as I know he doesn't have a NTC or NMC. I'd hate to lose such a good penalty killer but damn it killing penalties isn't costing us. No one is putting the puck in the net. It's nothing personal but we aren't gonna make the playoffs this way. At this point he's a cap dump that needs to happen anyway. Getting rid of Purcell was addition by subtraction and I'm falling strongly under the impression that losing Filppula would be the same

Drouin-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Callahan
Killorn-Namestnikov-Condra
Paquette/Brown-Boyle-Brown/Paquette

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
They played well enough to win. Detroit got a bit lucky. I'm not scared of Detroit. We can beat them again in a 7 game series.

What? They were our hardest oppoments last year and are continuing on this year, if not for Tyler Johnson pulling a mircale out we would've been down 3-1 and probably lost in 5.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
It just seems like...ever since the final minute of Game 4 in Chicago, when the Lightning had some 30 grade-A opportunities to force overtime, that every 50/50 puck near the goal-mouth is going the other way. And there's no way to quantify that, of course, and there's enough confirmation bias in that statement to make Chief blush, but, well, 14 games into the season and this team is barely averaging over 2 goals per game, and they haven't scored a 5v5 goal in five of their last six games (I **** you not). Take another look at the talent on this roster and try to figure how that makes any sense. Sucks for you guys that I already took away your guns so the "blow my brains out" answer isn't gonna work.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Blame the crossbars and posts all you want, the Lightning didn't move their ass to bang it until there was 5 minutes left in the game.

Absolutely pathetic effort by the offense. I swear to God between Filppula and Condra the only thing they get paid for is to kill penalties. Killorn try as he might isn't gonna get anyone going and it's too bad. He's gonna get his 30-40 points but it's gonna take him all 82 games because he's just not a consistent enough offensive players. He's like the muscle car that tops out at 115 mph when everyone else can pull 140 mph.

Namestnikov is wasted on the 4th line playing with Brown. That's not a diss to J.T but the kid isn't gonna score the game winning/game tying goal if Vladdy finds him. McGinn showed a lot of heart but you're not gonna do much with I'm guessing somewhere between 7 to 10 minutes of TOI.

Seriously, it's time to make a change. I'd start with Filppula. As far as I know he doesn't have a NTC or NMC. I'd hate to lose such a good penalty killer but damn it killing penalties isn't costing us. No one is putting the puck in the net. It's nothing personal but we aren't gonna make the playoffs this way. At this point he's a cap dump that needs to happen anyway. Getting rid of Purcell was addition by subtraction and I'm falling strongly under the impression that losing Filppula would be the same

Drouin-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Callahan

I agree, I'm done with Filppula. At this point he's our odd man out because of his cap hit. He's basically a better defensive version of Purcell and he can get in the corners. Flip just isn't doing anything and you're spot on with Killorn. Both of them aren't contributing....anything....

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm sure it's been quoted in this thread already (EE tweeted it, but I haven't gone back and seen if you guys quoted it) but the fact that the Lightning haven't gotten out of the first period with a lead all season is pretty concerning.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Drouin-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Callahan

Object to him being a good penalty killer, honestly. I think we have better options at C for the PK. When healthy I'd like to have Boyle, Paquette, and Johnson down the middle as our PKers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad