nB4Y0ot.png

5IMCU0j.png

2KBpVYV.png

Dv7sq52.png

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Benn, krejci, seguin, even McDavid and hall are all having great starts. Stamkos' 8 points in 13 games is unacceptable for a guy looking for a raise. I hope last game lit a fire under his ass. Need this team to come out prepared tonight and beat them.

Yzlamic Preacher*

So I'm on Vacation in Prague right now. Game is on at 1:30 AM here. Probably will watch a replay when I wake up. Anyone in Prague want to hang out?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Benn, krejci, seguin, even McDavid and hall are all having great starts. Stamkos' 8 points in 13 games is unacceptable for a guy looking for a raise. I hope last game lit a fire under his ass. Need this team to come out prepared tonight and beat them.

I don't look at points as measuring a players overall performance, A lot of our guys especially on the top 2 lines got robbed of some points when they clearly should of gotten assists. Not talking about missed nets or shots off the cross bar, but actual goals that were scored and never got the secondary assist for their efforts. But people don't see that since it does not show up on the score-sheet. Points, imo are influenced by luck in a big way and I've seen players having a very bad game get a point or two in a game. A lot of our guys are having bad luck and are snake-bitten right now like TJ. If they keep pushing like last game the points will come.

I also think Stamkos is playing better this season even if his points are less from last season at this time.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I don't look at points as measuring a players overall performance, A lot of our guys especially on the top 2 lines got robbed of some points when they clearly should of gotten assists. Not talking about missed nets or shots off the cross bar, but actual goals that were scored and never got the secondary assist for their efforts. But people don't see that since it does not show up on the score-sheet. Points, imo are influenced by luck in a big way and I've seen players having a very bad game get a point or two in a game. A lot of our guys are having bad luck and are snake-bitten right now like TJ. If they keep pushing like last game the points will come.

I also think Stamkos is playing better this season even if his points are less from last season at this time.

seriously not a good matchup detroit tries to play a slower tempo our problem is we are not playing as fast as we can or need to in order to be successful we must play faster this game

the points will come when we up our tempo imho and we will blow up very soon and hit a roll just not liking today as the day of that happening because of styles detroit is playing very tight though and badly so that is a good sign

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lines at Practice

Palat - Stamkos - Callahan
Killorn - Johnson - Kucherov
Boyle - Flip - Condra
McGinn - Namestnikov - Brown

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Good on Cooper for trying some new lines.

Drouin and Paquette was at practice which is good nows, didn't take line rushes but they were at least skating.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is an interesting game. We can either build a ton of momentum or crash face-first into a brick wall. Detroit's style of play is like mud. A win will be huge for our confidence. Or, we could wind up bogged down all game, and lose the momentum we built in Carolina.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
That third line is interesting to me. Has Coop tried that combination yet this season? Maybe working with a couple of hard-nosed, never quit guys will spark Flip.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That third line is interesting to me. Has Coop tried that combination yet this season? Maybe working with a couple of hard-nosed, never quit guys will spark Flip.

I think it was a line when Vladdy got shaken up and missed a couple of shifts. Flip managed to get an assist last game, so he is doing some things right. But he needs to shoot or at least make a quick better heads up pass to someone who is going to shoot.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think it was a line when Vladdy got shaken up and missed a couple of shifts. Flip managed to get an assist last game, so he is doing some things right. But he needs to shoot or at least make a quick better heads up pass to someone who is going to shoot.

Oh please - his assist last game was due purely to JT Brown and Cam Ward not understanding how to play angles. He did nothing to set that play up. Him passing up that chance Boyle set up pissed me off far more than his innocuous chip up the boards and Brown's individual effort to fight through a check and outskate a defenseman did to pad his stats.

He hasn't been doing **** well. He's looked good two games this season, and awful for the other 11 to varying degrees.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Oh please - his assist last game was due purely to JT Brown and Cam Ward not understanding how to play angles. He did nothing to set that play up. Him passing up that chance Boyle set up pissed me off far more than his innocuous chip up the boards and Brown's individual effort to fight through a check and outskate a defenseman did to pad his stats.

He hasn't been doing **** well. He's looked good two games this season, and awful for the other 11 to varying degrees.

Other than the mind-boggling pass to Boyle, Flip looked pretty good last game though. He was shooting the puck and he was jumping into plays.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Other than the mind-boggling pass to Boyle, Flip looked pretty good last game though. He was shooting the puck and he was jumping into plays.

I thought Flip was also fine last game. The pass or lack of pass to a wide-open player short-handed was a little mind-boggling also. But that was against Boston.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought Flip was also fine last game. The pass or lack of pass to a wide-open player short-handed was a little mind-boggling also. But that was against Boston.

Pretty much everything he did was mind-boggling up until last game. I thought he had a really, really strong first period. The pass to Boyle was, I believe, in the second period, and that might have been his worst moment of the year. After that I don't really remember him one way or another.

There was one play where he jumped ahead of a scrum for a loose puck and took a quick shot. He also let loose one of his ultra rare slappers, which I think might have been tipped and/or blocked, can't really remember. But he seemed to be actually attacking the net for once. I remember wondering if maybe the Carle situation had given him a little scare.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Really not looking forward to this game. All it takes is to score first and sit back and let us beat ourselves. Just crowd 3 defenders in front of Mrazek or Howard and set up a wall along the blue line and we are toast.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I don't know. If they end up losing, I swear I'll not be optimistic for the rest of the season. I just think they proved something to themselves the other night.

I know it was Carolina, and I know it was a one goal game, but the score was much closer than it should have been. Vasi wants at least two of those goals back. The team, as a whole, played much much better. They had jump and they wanted it. They were driving the net, shooting the puck. They looked pretty good. I think it was their wake up call. They can for sure beat Detroit talent wise, they just need to remember that they want to.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's all about the effort for me. We'll see if they turned a new leaf or if they get lackadaisical again. Detroit is usually a pretty good way to measure how good we're skating and battling, especially compared to a team like Carolina.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Really not looking forward to this game. All it takes is to score first and sit back and let us beat ourselves. Just crowd 3 defenders in front of Mrazek or Howard and set up a wall along the blue line and we are toast.

If I was Coop and saw other team doing that I would have Stamkos and Garrison firing howitzers from the blueline on their sorry *****. No mercy for losers who resort to tactics like that :shakehead

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If I was Coop and saw other team doing that I would have Stamkos and Garrison firing howitzers from the blueline on their sorry *****. No mercy for losers who resort to tactics like that :shakehead

...That's really not bad.

I guess we're both sick. But screw it. That's what a visor is for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad