GDT: 11/3/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We need Paq and Drouin back. Drouin makes the 2nd PP unit deadly and has been one of our more consistent and better players, he can get our top line going again, Paq with Names has been pretty good, Paq is an energy player that we need, I barely saw any hits tonight! Paq will light some people up and get a 3rd line going.

Bish obviously let in softies tonight BUT it doesn't help when our Offence does sh** all and can't score.

Our top 6 players are all snakebit/garbage at the same time? like how does that even happen. Tampa is gonna be regretting not getting these early wins and early points when their trying to climb the standings in the 2nd half of the season to make PO

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm sure it's been quoted in this thread already (EE tweeted it, but I haven't gone back and seen if you guys quoted it) but the fact that the Lightning haven't gotten out of the first period with a lead all season is pretty concerning.

Honestly that's just weird. I don't know what to think - I mean, this game wasn't like some of the others where we were getting NO chances. Hit a lot of iron, had a lot of pucks laying in the slot and stuff.

But I notice it most when we're on the PP or have the empty net... Too much standing around waiting for someone else to do something. Too much "trying to get open", and not enough "try to make something happen". Most goals in this league are dirty goals - to get dirty you gotta go to the dirty areas, and not enough people are winning those pucks in the corner or battling for those pucks in the crease. It's a cliche, but damnit, it's a cliche for a reason.

I mean - the other thing is Detroit is boring as **** to watch. That made this game hard to enjoy for me.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Ugh of course my DVR stopped working so I only got to watch the last 10 minutes. Seemed like a solid effort though. Can anyone give a quick summary of the first two periods ?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Ugh of course my DVR stopped working so I only got to watch the last 10 minutes. Seemed like a solid effort though. Can anyone give a quick summary of the first two periods ?

What you saw in the final 10 was completely opposite of what the prior 50 was. Boring game. Posts. Can't score. Bish let in two softies but we can't score, not his fault. The beat goes on.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

The game was boring, you didn't miss much. Two soft goals that Bish should have had. About 6 crossbars and Jimmy Howard making blind saves. No puck luck, no luck at all really for the boys. Something has to change, too many players not playing the way they should be.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Thanks guys. So basically my DVR was just trying to spare me from another frustrating Detroit game :laugh:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Woke up for the game but fell back to sleep during the first. Seems like it was another exciting end-to-end Detroit game as their shutdown center had the most TOI of their forwards.

I don't even know what to say anymore. How this team can suck so much is just beyond me.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Last season we won a lot of games with strong 3rd period performances. It looks like that's still what this team (maybe even just subconsciously) relies on. "Down a goal? Tie game? No problem we'll score 2 with 5 minutes left." Well, no you don't. We don't show enough will power, luck isn't on our side and that's a bad gameplan in the first place.

Bish giving up softies doesn't help.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Our defense has been great and I even think Bish has been pretty good but our offense is ****ing terrible. Complete perimeter game, every team has us figured out.

Hope to see Vasi get some starts soon.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
If bishop only allows two goals or less per game, he can walk out of the net and put it in himself, I wouldnt care. He's the only reason we are where we are. Without him, this .01 goal per game offense would be a lottery team. Exaggeration, yes, but you get my point. Softies or not, you can't blame bishop for a loss when the guys in front can't score. It's a fast league, we aren't going to win every game 1-0 or 2-1.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it is more bad luck than anything. They are shooting, and if those pucks went in half the time they hit the posts, we would not be having these conversations. That Killorn deflection I thought went into the net, was about to jump off my couch to celebrate, but nope. I guess watching in SD will do that to you, lol.

Scoring is down for the entire league, a lot of the big guns around the league are off to a slow start. I'm still not worried yet.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The second period was terrible. Rest of the game was fine effort wise. Still would like to jump out in the lead and force the other team to loosen up and concede even more goals.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This team has a major problem in that they don't have good starts. From the first faceoff, you need to be pressing and desperate for the goal. That's especially true when things aren't going well.

However, they did look better last night. They had their chances and rang 3 posts in 10 minutes. If even one of those shots was cut an inch finer, it's a completely different game.

Thought Kuch had a fantastic game last night and I was glad to hear BP echo that in their new podcast. As Chad pointed out in the podcast, Kuch does look like he did for the Russians at the WJC a few years back. He carried that team and he looks like he wants to carry this one.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
This team has a major problem in that they don't have good starts. From the first faceoff, you need to be pressing and desperate for the goal. That's especially true when things aren't going well.

However, they did look better last night. They had their chances and rang 3 posts in 10 minutes. If even one of those shots was cut an inch finer, it's a completely different game.

Thought Kuch had a fantastic game last night and I was glad to hear BP echo that in their new podcast. As Chad pointed out in the podcast, Kuch does look like he did for the Russians at the WJC a few years back. He carried that team and he looks like he wants to carry this one.

Retweeted Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO):
This will surprise now one, I'm sure, but ‪#‎tblightning‬ lead the league in hitting posts/crossbar with 14 (4 crossbar, 10 posts)

kucherov was dominant last night best ive seen him this year

detroit kills the middle unless you beat them with speed at times we did that at times we held the puck in had some nice board work namestnikov to me was impressive on boards knocked over a couple guys which i havent seen enough of out of him for my taste or what i expect

i expect him in time to be another palat so might be reaching lol

bishop has played 2 or under goals in four of last six in those six we lost at least four

we are not scoring but have some good signs at times so hard work will pay off i expected us to have difficulty with this team

pray we are up for buffalo and get some easy goals to carry over to minn which is gonna play us like detroit

we simply have to be faster all over the rink we have not hit our speed yet and it shows in the results i am unsure of the slow start thing as much as we are not playing as fast as we have in playoffs last year missing easy passes which should lead to breakouts and 2 on 1s etc..

it will come too much talent not to but yeah wish had no more detroit minn types for a couple weeks to get centered and on the same page finally:)

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Sure had our chances. Posts, crossbars, deflections. So unlucky nothing went in. Then Detroit gets a lucky weird goal to win it.
We will get through and develop some momentum sooner than later. The player are pressing so hard without results.
That individual play by Stralman was awesome except like too many , it rang off the iron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad