GDT: 11/29/14 | St. Louis Blues @ Minnesota Wild | 7:00PM CT, FS-N/FX-CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
besides the refs letting a few things go like full speed running our goalie i thought it was a pretty even game , could have gone either way unlike the LA game.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I love how (and I'm not just talking about our board) after a loss, you almost ALWAYS see someone *****ing about the refs. But after a win, you never see comments like "Wow, the refs really costed our opponent the game!" :laugh:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
not mad about the loss. i admire the way the blues play--it really suits their roster the way it doesn't suit ours. hate it at the moment they're sneaking in cheap shots but overall a strategy that fits their personnel marvelously. Wild played well. Backs was great.

J22*

not mad about the loss. i admire the way the blues play--it really suits their roster the way it doesn't suit ours. hate it at the moment they're sneaking in cheap shots but overall a strategy that fits their personnel marvelously. Wild played well. Backs was great.

I have no problem with the way they play, but it does bother me that they play that way and still want to have the innocent victim attitude whenever anything happens. Very Hakstol like, and I think it plays a huge role in them getting embarrassed every year in the playoffs.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
it's part of the act. every guy, every team does the same thing for every time they get caught no matter what the infraction; unless it's hugely blatant they're always pleading their case to the refs. just more noticeable when a team does it 4x as much as another. LOL i know the "who me? what? are you kidding?" routine. Blues have some guys who go beyond the call of duty in that regard, it's true. At least they're actually willing to back it up with force and retaliate if the other team gets testy--unlike for example the old NW division canucks which was all innocent victim, all the time.

J22*

it's part of the act. every guy, every team does the same thing for every time they get caught no matter what the infraction; unless it's hugely blatant they're always pleading their case to the refs. just more noticeable when a team does it 4x as much as another. LOL i know the "who me? what? are you kidding?" routine. Blues have some guys who go beyond the call of duty in that regard, it's true. At least they're actually willing to back it up with force and retaliate if the other team gets testy--unlike for example the old NW division canucks which was all innocent victim, all the time.

Funny, Vancouver is the team that the Blues are starting to remind me of. They want to let guys like Reaves, Ott, Lapierre, Backes, and even Oshie run around and play "on the edge" but whenever anyone punches back, or god forbid punches first, it turns into a huge wine fest.

Boston is a team that will punch you in the face and if you punch them back they will stand there and fight you.

St. Louis, like Vancouver is a team that will punch you in the face and if you punch back they will complain to the refs/media that they got punched.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Yeah, not the biggest Blues fan and a lot has to do with the way they play. I respect they have a strong team ID, but they are too borderline dirty and entitled. I agree with the Vancouver comparison. Or the Ducks from 07.

Too much bs.

I do like the Bruins though.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Hey guys let's not worry about other fanbases too much.

Funny, Vancouver is the team that the Blues are starting to remind me of. They want to let guys like Reaves, Ott, Lapierre, Backes, and even Oshie run around and play "on the edge" but whenever anyone punches back, or god forbid punches first, it turns into a huge wine fest.

Boston is a team that will punch you in the face and if you punch them back they will stand there and fight you.

St. Louis, like Vancouver is a team that will punch you in the face and if you punch back they will complain to the refs/media that they got punched.

I was thinking the same thing. Old school Vancouver to a T, complete with whining.

I just wish they'd do a copy so complete their goalies would play like Cloutier.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
I love how (and I'm not just talking about our board) after a loss, you almost ALWAYS see someone *****ing about the refs. But after a win, you never see comments like "Wow, the refs really costed our opponent the game!" :laugh:

so running the goalie is ok in your world? STL plays a clean game every time? throwing the goalie off by running him could have lead to the stl goal going in instead of being stopped by a goalie in the zone. how much experience do you have?

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
so running the goalie is ok in your world? STL plays a clean game every time? throwing the goalie off by running him could have lead to the stl goal going in instead of being stopped by a goalie in the zone. how much experience do you have?

I was there, right behind the goalie and had a clear view of the play. He tried to avoid backs and barely clipped him. It looked a lot more harmful at full speed than it was.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

I don't know how you got any of this out of my post :laugh:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
quotes from Oshie

Jeremy Rutherford @jprutherford
· 12m 12 minutes ago
After being leveled by Mike Rupp last year, Oshie questioned #mnwild following latest hit by Marco Scandella on Saturday (1/3).

· 12m 12 minutes ago
Oshie: "It seems like that's the second time that's happened in a matter of what three shifts that I've been in Minnesota?

Oshie cont'd: "So I don't know, it seems a little targeted ... but either way, got away with the two points, so we'll take that."

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
I don't know how you got any of this out of my post :laugh:

well joker, your the one who claims ever loss is the refs fault per posters like me crying. i tell it like it is. if i thought we got away with a cheapshot i post it! the wild are about as clean a team as there is in the nhl true or false?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
well joker, your the one who claims ever loss is the refs fault per posters like me crying. i tell it like it is. if i thought we got away with a cheapshot i post it! the wild are about as clean a team as there is in the nhl true or false?

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, which is why I added the (not just talking about our board) disclaimer. HFBoards as a whole is WAY too quick to fall back on the refs when their team loses with "Wow, the refs costed us the game" comments, and I think it's funny that you never see anybody saying stuff like "Wow, the refs really screwed them, the refs are the reason we won!". That's it.

But on a serious note, it seems like every other post after a game ends (in every team's GDTs) is either A) complaining about refs or B) the winning team's fans laughing at the losing team's fans complaining about the refs.

/hyperbolic rant

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, which is why I added the (not just talking about our board) disclaimer. HFBoards as a whole is WAY too quick to fall back on the refs when their team loses with "Wow, the refs costed us the game" comments, and I think it's funny that you never see anybody saying stuff like "Wow, the refs really screwed them, the refs are the reason we won!". That's it.

But on a serious note, it seems like every other post after a game ends (in every team's GDTs) is either A) complaining about refs or B) the winning team's fans laughing at the losing team's fans complaining about the refs.

/hyperbolic rant

Spot ****ing on. Ref whiners are the absolute worst. You see it at every level. Even parents of 4th grade football will blame losses on the refs.
And what's actually funny for losers that blame losses on the refs, the refs get 99.9% of the calls right (in the NHL anyway).

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Spot ****ing on. Ref whiners are the absolute worst. You see it at every level. Even parents of 4th grade football will blame losses on the refs.
And what's actually funny for losers that blame losses on the refs, the refs get 99.9% of the calls right (in the NHL anyway).

Oh, man, my beer league team is awful about this. Definitely much more of a part of the culture out here and it makes me sad. Never heard any of this kind of stuff back in MN. *****ing and chirping in E-league...it's pathetic. I've tried so many times to explain that (A) the refs are just there trying to do a job and aren't out to get anyone, (B) we don't want to have a reputation as "that team," and (C) the calls are less likely to go our way later if you do it, so you aren't helping the team.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
It's definitely super annoying from a ref perspective, which is maybe why I dislike it so much when it comes to this...

I umped baseball a lot in high school and a few years in college. I filled in one time for a 3rd/4th grade game (the first year of the kid's pitching). I had usually umped older kids, so I was talking to both coaches before the game, just to get a feel for how the games are usually called. They both told me to keep the game moving, wide strike zone, etc. Then the whole game they sat there and scrutinized my ball/strike calls from the benches :laugh:

edit: sorry if I maybe got this thread OT.

J22*

quotes from Oshie

· 12m 12 minutes ago
After being leveled by Mike Rupp last year, Oshie questioned #mnwild following latest hit by Marco Scandella on Saturday (1/3).

· 12m 12 minutes ago
Oshie: "It seems like that's the second time that's happened in a matter of what three shifts that I've been in Minnesota?

Oshie cont'd: "So I don't know, it seems a little targeted ... but either way, got away with the two points, so we'll take that."

This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday.

Targeting?
You mean kind of like when your coach says things along the lines of "we might see this team in the Playoffs so we are here to send a message"?
Or maybe it's more like Backes going after Kuemper for a whole game because he felt disrespected?
Was Harding "targeted" when the Blues ended his season in a pre-season game?
Ask Brodin or Granlund if they ever feel "targeted" when they play the Blues.

Maybe the Wild are targeting Oshie, or maybe guys who want to dangle in the middle of the ice with their head down are more likely to get cleaned out, but either way shut the hell up about it TJ.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday.

Targeting?
You mean kind of like when your coach says things along the lines of "we might see this team in the Playoffs so we are here to send a message"?
Or maybe it's more like Backes going after Kuemper for a whole game because he felt disrespected?
Was Harding "targeted" when the Blues ended his season in a pre-season game?
Ask Brodin or Granlund if they ever feel "targeted" when they play the Blues.

Maybe the Wild are targeting Oshie, or maybe guys who want to dangle in the middle of the ice with their head down are more likely to get cleaned out, but either way shut the hell up about it TJ.

clapping_ken_toy_story.gif

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
quotes from Oshie

· 12m 12 minutes ago

· 12m 12 minutes ago

We've won, we're in his head now. He'll look over his shoulder from now on when he plays against Minnesota.

:help: Did you happen to watch the Avalanche series last year (especially game 5)? Did you watch the 2010 NFC championship game? Yeah, Minnesota never gets the short end of the stick when it comes to officiating.

@Chadgraff: Marco Scandella has been fined $2,755.38, but not suspended for his high hit on T.J. Oshie. #mnwild

meh

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012

Not entirely convinced of the accuracy of this post, but ...

I LIKE IT! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad