GDT: 11/29/14 | St. Louis Blues @ Minnesota Wild | 7:00PM CT, FS-N/FX-CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
It feels like Wild is on the verge of starting a long winning streak but just not yet.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Well. It's too bad we lost of course, but it was one of the more even games against the Blues that I can recall.

Third period was not our best, but the second was good. Too bad we couldn't keep that up.

Nice to see Koivu shooting more. Vanek looks incrementally better these last couple games as well.

Granlund is certainly struggling unfortunately.

God I hate Oshie... He always pulls that same **** of running over the goalie. I still don't know how that's ok. ****ing goalies always get hurt because of that bs - it needs to stop.

And props to Tarasenko. God that kid is good. He's like a much less douchy P. Kane.

I though Granlund was really good especially the first 2 periods.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Why do we have to be in the same division as Mckinnon AND Tarasenko?

That would happen to the Wild.

Don't forget Seguin too and kane/toews are okay too.. tough division. One thing we're still missing is that dynamic player. If Nino gains a step of speed in the future he could be close to that type of player.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Weird to say but this loss feels better than yesterdays win. Lots of positives to take out of this game. Backs was solid.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It feels like Wild is on the verge of starting a long winning streak but just not yet.
If Vanek and Koivu can get going, then you bet! Vanek has looked better the last 2 nights, and Koivu could have had 2 goals tonight. He was sure trying.

Weird to say but this loss feels better than yesterdays win. Lots of positives to take out of this game. Backs was solid.
Definitely does. Blowing a 3 goal lead is unacceptable. And they carried themselves better with the Blues tonight. Plus, I was impressed with Backstrom. Helped to see Koivu get a goal and Vanek continuing to shoot.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013

At this time in the season, they just need to find ways to keep getting points. Wins are obviously good but those 1 point games are key too. Just avoid regulation losses for awhile

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Even if they called it, who says the Blues don't tie it up later?

I would not ***** about it if they tied it later. Well, I would but not at the refs.

Bad officiating is exceptionally hard to watch for me. This is supposed to be the best of the best but there is no consistency, and so much questionable stuff is either called or let go.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I though Granlund was really good especially the first 2 periods.

He had moments where he looked alright, but he's just fighting it so much right now. He'll figure it out. He's certainly trying.

I do not like seeing him trying to lay hits however. IMO, he should learn to play more like P.Kane or St. Louis. Him being physical just won't work for him and will shorten his career.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Blues fan, that was a good game. TBH, that was the best any team has looked against the Blues this season so far. Allen was the difference tonight along with Tara. Seemed like the Wild had a lot more jump.

J22*

He had moments where he looked alright, but he's just fighting it so much right now. He'll figure it out. He's certainly trying.

I do not like seeing him trying to lay hits however. IMO, he should learn to play more like P.Kane or St. Louis. Him being physical just won't work for him and will shorten his career.

That's pretty much the Granlund that I saw. He hasn't been horrible but he isn't close to pulling his share of the weight.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I would not ***** about it if they tied it later. Well, I would but not at the refs.

Bad officiating is exceptionally hard to watch for me. This is supposed to be the best of the best but there is no consistency, and so much questionable stuff is either called or let go.
Being inconsistent is the only thing the refs are consistent at. Sad but true. :shakehead

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Can't believe Yeo stuck with such a 'shaky' Backstrom for so long. Cost us the game. Fireable offense; much worse than his 4th line RW decisions.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Well. It's too bad we lost of course, but it was one of the more even games against the Blues that I can recall.

Third period was not our best, but the second was good. Too bad we couldn't keep that up.

Nice to see Koivu shooting more. Vanek looks incrementally better these last couple games as well.

Granlund is certainly struggling unfortunately.

God I hate Oshie... He always pulls that same **** of running over the goalie. I still don't know how that's ok. ****ing goalies always get hurt because of that bs - it needs to stop.

And props to Tarasenko. God that kid is good. He's like a much less douchy P. Kane.

I thought Granlund was great. One of his best games this season. :dunno:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Good game, but still a little disappointed. One point is okay, two would've been fantastic.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Thoughts from the upper deck:

- Good effort in the first two, a little weak to start the third but came back strong. It was one very lazy Prosser shift at the end of a string of otherwise solid team play that tied it up.

- Backs had a good game, hopefully he gets the start against the Habs. Not only did he earn it, but Kemps has also been shaky since his waiver exemption ended and I think some competition is a good idea. Would've liked to win the shootout but I'm glad Backs wasn't to blame. He looked more confident than usual.

- Refs called a good clean game. Not sure why we're talking about them.

- Every line had some good shifts and kept some solid sustained pressure on. Even guys who've been struggling out there--Coyle, Vanek, fourth liners--really hustled and won a lot of puck races. Mikko looked like a beast in the corners.

- Thank god we scored on the major. As the penalty clock wound down we were all getting pretty uneasy--it felt like the usual storyline all over again, and everyone just knew if they didn't pot one there'd be a quick Blues goal on the next shift.

- I wish I could pass--and receive passes--like those guys. It's astonishing to watch sometimes. Gotta get some stick-and-puck time. :)

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Brunette needs to be fired from PP coach and they need to beg Walz (if at least as interim) to come down and help that team out. 1 goal on 11 minutes PP time, of which 5 of that was a Major and they lost one of the better Dmen because of it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't forget Seguin too and kane/toews are okay too.. tough division. One thing we're still missing is that dynamic player. If Nino gains a step of speed in the future he could be close to that type of player.

Duchene, also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad