Post-Game Talk: 11/28/17 Canucks 2 @ Islanders 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Don't assume everyone is like you. You usually shoot your mouth, and you get caught doing so.

He didn't look good, period.
Disagree.

Watched the entire game. Pouiot's skating was good, his passes were crisp and accurate. He displayed his instincts finding openings and getting his shot off...on net.

I actually saw him throw a couple of hits, despite being manhandled on the last goal by a 230 lb forward. He is far from the only Vancouver defenceman making mistakes but might be the only one who isn't hopeless offensively.

Reactions: Nomobo

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Disagree.

Watched the entire game. Pouiot's skating was good, his passes were crisp and accurate. He displayed his instincts finding openings and getting his shot off...on net.

I actually saw him throw a couple of hits, despite being manhandled on the last goal by a 230 lb forward. He is far from the only Vancouver defenceman making mistakes but might be the only one who isn't hopeless offensively.

Skating doesn't win hockey games. Being a good hockey player helps. Pouliot was badly outmuscled on the back boards by Lee which led to a backbreaking 5th goal.

Reactions: Jack Burton

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Canucks are way too soft of a team, especially on our D. This Canucks team is so poorly built it’s a joke, Horvats a beast.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
As if you don't?

Why isn't he making much sense? He's correct. Pouliot didn't have a good game. Those of us who watched more than 15 minutes saw this.

I stand by what I said and that is that he looked good in the 15 minutes of the third that I saw. I
can't comment on the rest because I missed it but I'm more inclined to believe others who state that he was ok. Even if he had a great game, you would never admit it.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I stand by what I said and that is that he looked good in the 15 minutes of the third that I saw. I
can't comment on the rest because I missed it but I'm more inclined to believe others who state that he was ok. Even if he had a great game, you would never admit it.

I see you conveniently ignored orcatown's post.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I see oyou conveniently ignored orcatown's post.

I did see it. He commented on the gaffe Pouliot made and how he needs to be stronger but he certainly wasn't as hard on him as you are. He calls it game by game and is very objective in his analysis.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I did see it. He commented on the gaffe Pouliot made and how he needs to be stronger but he certainly wasn't as hard on him as you are. He calls it game by game and is very objective in his analysis.

Did you miss the part where he listed Pouliot under "Bad?"

That's now two other people who have said Pouliot wasn't good today, in addition to my own testimony. I watched the whole game, not just 15 minutes too. Pouliot wasn't very good.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
To answer my own question from the Pouliot goal, Granlund was the center, and he was miles behind the play.

Granny needs to realize he is a fringe player and like the rest of the team he better be busting his ass every game.

People have been discussing who to sit next game for Goldobin. I think Granlund would be the best option. He's the one with the highest potential and sitting him would be a good wake up.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The Isles are going to be fun to watch for a while. Tavares is just sick, and Barzal looks set to be a game breaker. A few of their other young players looked damn good, too.

Onto the next one for the Canucks. Not exactly holding out much hope we'll be able to eek out a win in Nashville, but I didn't expect the back to back wins in Pennsylvania to start the trip, either...

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Did you miss the part where he listed Pouliot under "Bad?"

That's now two other people who have said Pouliot wasn't good today, in addition to my own testimony. I watched the whole game, not just 15 minutes too. Pouliot wasn't very good.

I'm not going back to find the post but I remember there was a qualifier in there.
I also trust others analysis of games and they've stated he looked good.
So far Pouliot has been a good acquisition.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm not going back to find the post but I remember there was a qualifier in there.
I also trust others analysis of games and they've stated he looked good.
So far Pouliot has been a good acquisition.

You mean the last page?

So you only trust the opinions of those who agree with the picture you want to paint? That's fine. I'm just saying that I watched more than 15 minutes of the game and Pouliot didn't have a bad game. I'm not giving credit points for someone who's skating, I value whether or not he's creating offense and preventing scoring chances. His poor play in his own zone directly led to a goal against. There are others who agree with me, but your response to them was that they aren't making sense so....

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Missed the third missed nothing it looks like :shakehead

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I was able to catch most of the 2nd and early 3rd. The Canucks were extremely sloppy from what I saw, lots of mental errors, losing puck battles all over. Nilsson also looked awful.

Horvat's goal was fantastic.

Chalking it up as a bad game.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Guess who led the team in CF% and CF+/-, you already know..... It's gaunce baby!

Lowest CA too, you can't stop this man.
Also took a stupid tripping penalty when he should've changed when they had control in the zone and then turned the puck over at the blue line coming out of the penalty box instead of dumping it in and allowing the penalty killers to change (fortunately, NYI ended up icing it).

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Poor game by the Canucks...fortunately,Greens squad usually usually comes up with an inspired game after a crappy one..On to Nashville.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Lots of guys with heavy legs tonight. Or, maybe the Islanders just made it look that way. This team misses Dorsett's example. Lots of guys taking nights off when Dorsett isn't in there busting his butt every shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad