GDT: 11/27 Black Friday Matinee Boston Bruins vs. NY Rangers 1pm NBC, SN 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bruins are going to ride Rask's great goaltending and eke out a 4-3 win in overtime . Unfortunately,I won't see it until 11 pm ,working a 3-11 so it is DVR time . Enjoy the game !

Similar situation for me too.

I work from 7 to 5, so won't be able to see the (recorded) game until I get home.

Nice GDT Ali.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Similar situation for me too.

I work from 7 to 5, so won't be able to see the (recorded) game until I get home.

Nice GDT Ali.

I'm working until 8am which means I have to get up early to watch this and go back to sleep afterwards. Oh well, at least I'll be able to watch it (maybe with a cold drink in my hand :nod:)

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Of course, i will be at work and not being able to watch this contest. Tough matchup this afternoon. Bruins better be ready to play since NY redeived a beating against MTL. Once again, our goaltending need to be stellar, this one.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope the B's win but don't have high hopes.

Please play a better game than the one vs Detroit.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::popcorn:

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
Hope everyone had a tremendous Thanksgiving.

Today will be the post-turkey day tradition. Tree goes up during the Bruins game, rest of holiday stuff goes up afterwards. Enjoy the day, all!

Go Bruins!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1448601229000

Referees Wes McCauley (4), Chris Rooney (5)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), Brian Murphy (93)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

TODAY’S GAME

- The Bruins host the Rangers today in the 1st of 3 games between these teams this season and the Rangers’ lone visit this season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 12-8-1 overall and are 4-6-1 on home ice … They are 2-1-1 vs. Metropolitan Division teams and are 8-4-1 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are facing an Original Six opponent for the final of 4 straight games and they entered today’s game with a 4-2-0 mark this season vs. Original Six foes.

- They are playing today their 2nd of 9 matinees this season and they enter today’s game 0-1-0 in those games so far

BOSTON vs. NEW YORK, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Rangers are meeting for the 638th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 290-241-7-9 record and 2,005-1,850 scoring edge in those games.

- The Bruins are 169-100-42-6 in their 317 home games of this lifetime series with a 1,113-875 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins are 7-1-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Rangers overall, including a 2-1-0 record in last season’s series … They are 4-0-1 in their last 5 home games of this lifetime series and are 9-4-3 in their last 16 games of this series in Bosto
n.

- Fun Fact: The Bruins have scored more goals vs. the Rangers than vs. any other opponent, although they have played more games
vs. the Canadiens.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
10 AM and it is complete mayhem at North Station/TD Garden.

Long lines outside the Bruins proshop and every bar near the Garden is packed. The fans will be well oiled and throw in about 3,000 Rangers fans and it should be an interesting afternoon on and off the ice.

Last edited:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
10 AM and it is complete mayhem at North Station/TD Garden.

Long lines outside the Bruins proshop and every bar near the Garden are packed. The fans will be well oiled and throw in about 3,000 Rangers fans and it should be an interesting afternoon on and off the ice.

Still deciding where to park,Forest Hills,Back Bay or Sullivan Sq. I think Back Bay is out.

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
Really want to see this team respond well after arguably one of their worst gamess of the season the other night.

Unfortunately I expect panic once again in our own zone. D to D behind the net passes and unforced slappers waist high around the boards. Hope I am wrong

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Brunch and Bruins here as its a 10am game for us. Hubby and kid at rink now, should make it back right before puck drop. Then it's off to get the tree and start getting this place looking like Christmas! Let's go B' s!!

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The view from New Yawk

http://nypost.com/2015/11/27/rangers-alain-vigneault-hints-at-two-possible-lineup-changes/

It seems like it took a bad loss for Rangers coach Alain Vigneault to rethink his lineup.

Following Wednesday night’s 5-1 defeat to the Canadiens at the Garden, Vigneault set up Thursday’s practice in Westchester County with Emerson Etem skating as the fourth-line right wing, while Dylan McIlrath came in on defense in place of Dan Boyle.

The coach said he “wouldn’t guarantee that 100 percent†for Friday afternoon’s game in Boston against the Bruins, but it was looking likely that something was going to change.

“This morning I wanted Emerson and Dylan to get some normal reps, they haven’t had reps with the regular guys, so I could have the option for [Friday],†Vigneault said. “I’m still in the process of watching Boston’s game and finalizing our game from [Wednesday] night. So I’ll know before I go to bed.â€

Etem has played just seven of the first 22

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/h...rangers-head-boston-matinee-article-1.2447933

This NHL Thanksgiving Showdown once looked like it might have little luster, but suddenly the Bruins have won four in a row. The Rangers’ last six games, meanwhile, have been incomplete efforts that were up for grabs, even if they have posted a 4-2-0 mark in those matches.

Plus, after visiting Boston, the Rangers have to head back home and complete a back-to-back by hosting the Philadelphia Flyers at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Garden. The schedule is heavy, and the Blueshirts are doing themselves a disservice if they truly believe they played well in Wednesday’s first period against Montreal, as Vigneault said after the loss.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't see this game going well but maybe the defense will surprise me.

I too want to see Connolly back with Bergy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
According to nbc Boyle and Stalberg are scratched and McIlrath and Etem are in. I guess we know what game NY intends on trying to play..

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I expect them to get murdered, so we will likely make it close or even win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad