GDT: 11/27/15 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Well, there are 6 teams in our division that are all within 10 points of one another and with all those teaming being able to win and score a lot of goals (and they all also have played fewer games that us) there is a real chance that we won’t make the playoffs this year, hope the team is aware of that and that they take a long good look at themselves and decided what they want before everything slips to far away from them.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Well, there are 6 teams in our division that are all within 10 points of one another and with all those teaming being able to win and score a lot of goals (and they all also have played fewer games that us) there is a real chance that we won’t make the playoffs this year, hope the team is aware of that and that they take a long good look at themselves and decided what they want before everything slips to far away from them.

They've had that chance for two months now. I'm not banking on it.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Just a friendly reminder that Engblom is the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

This is actually what they should say and think, however they also need to play like it and so far they haven't done that. That being said it's not to late yet if they really want to change their way of thinking but they have to do it now and every single player + staff needs to do it at the same time because they need everyone to reach for the same goal because just a few players doing it won't get them everywhere.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Like the quote by Boyle and hate the quote by Stamkos. Who cares if they play tomorrow ? If they sucked today and have sucked for most of the season then guess what they're probably going to suck tomorrow too. Is Stamkos suddenly going to start playing like he gives a **** when he hasn't done it more than a few times in over 20 games ? He absolutely needs to think about his ****** effort and, more importantly, think about how to fix it. I'm already pissed at him but I'll be even more pissed if it turns out that he's mailing in this season in anticipation of free agency.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
It's because Stamkos is like a boat anchor he holds his line-mates down and because he is only elite in goal scoring it limits the options on that line. It does not matter who you put up there with Stamkos, he is going to be hot for a game and then go ice cold and will continue to make those dumb plays.

Callahan is the anchor up there, don't kid yourself.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Like the quote by Boyle and hate the quote by Stamkos. Who cares if they play tomorrow ? If they sucked today and have sucked for most of the season then guess what they're probably going to suck tomorrow too. Is Stamkos suddenly going to start playing like he gives a **** when he hasn't done it more than a few times in over 20 games ? He absolutely needs to think about his ****** effort and, more importantly, think about how to fix it. I'm already pissed at him but I'll be even more pissed if it turns out that he's mailing in this season in anticipation of free agency.

Might be making sure he does not get hurt

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Three is a fluke, four is a streak.

We win 3-2.

It was a fluke.

uO4E3Dd.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hate Flip with Stamkos, but it's better than Callahan with Stamkos. Even though they're pretty much a trainwreck, Flip will at least hit Stamkos with the occasional pass. Stamkos and Callahan basically just chase the puck around the boards for 15 seconds and then eventually someone (usually Stamkos) turns it over.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
Line predictions for tomorrow, Flip is back with Stamkos.

You're probably right. They had some shifts together in the 3rd and looked half decent.
I still think Kucherov or Drouin is a better fit there and should keep the C depth with Fil at 3C

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You're probably right. They had some shifts together in the 3rd and looked half decent.
I still think Kucherov or Drouin is a better fit there and should keep the C depth with Fil at 3C

Coop just recycles the lines that don't work with Stamkos. Put Kucherov up with Stamkos, it is the best decision but Coop does not seem to have half a brain to realize that.

Last edited:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Coop just recycles the lines that don't work with Stamkos. The 3rd line was our best line in the 3rd, scored a beauty and also almost scored again in the final min. It's because the guys on that line have the heart and energy and they know where the other one is going to be. Callahan made that beauty of a pass and knew exactly where Boyle was going to be. Stamkos is a trainwreck because he is not in position to take a shot unless he is on the PP and he turns over the puck or is offsides and kills the plays.

After that Calgary game where Stamkos literally cost Cally a goal, I was done with the combo. I just ask Cally stays in the top 6 and on the 2nd line, TKO is done for now, because of injuries and also stale chemistry. Put Kucherov up with Stamkos, it is the best decision but Coop does not seem to have half a brain to realize that.

I honestly think it won't matter anymore who plays with Stamkos after this season. Stamkos is not gettting a dime over 9 million and even 9 million is overpayment. I never knew Stamkos could make players around him worse, but last night was more proof of that.

You are unbearable.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Wouldn't get out of shape about this game...stinker with a lineup that is missing Drouin/Palat/Johnson/Paquette and with our backup goalie. That is almost 50% of our top 9. It is what it is...surprised actually they've done this good without them. Put it behind us move on...go lightning.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wouldn't get out of shape about this game...stinker with a lineup that is missing Drouin/Palat/Johnson/Paquette and with our backup goalie. That is almost 50% of our top 9. It is what it is...surprised actually they've done this good without them. Put it behind us move on...go lightning.

I agree on the last part. We have to put it behind us. But sometimes it's not so much about losing as it is the way we're losing. We lost some games in the middle I didn't have much problem with. But last night's game looked a lot like the first few games of the season. I expected to lose, but I didn't expect to be completely embarrassed. That's the first game in a very, very long time that I was too frustrated to watch the end. Honestly, I can't remember the last time that happened. Probably 2012, under Boucher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad