NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
NPH-dissapoint.gif

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Really bad shootout. At least hit the goalie and not miss the net.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Koivu never tries any other move. I don't know why or why the coaches consistently put him out for shootouts because other teams study that **** and always know he's gonna pull that move. Last time I called him out on it I got harped on from posters here "because it works". Well when's the last time you saw it work?

Whatever. Got the point from the 2nd night of a B2B. Can't complain.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I could be wrong, but how successful has Koivu been in the past year or so? He was money for quite a few years, but it feels like he's been missing them a lot more. I would have liked to have seen Staal get a chance.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
This team needs to get rid of the "Wild stink" that plagues them from holding a lead and being clutch. Staal, an outsider, is the only reason we have any late game success. Getting tired of knowing that if we go into overtime we lose.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
why the hell wouldnt you put Staal out to shoot? So stupid.
Really? It's stupid to not put out a player who ranks 199th amongst active players in the shootout?

He's got only a 21% success rate!

Remember how bad Gaborik was at the shootout? He's ranked WAY above Staal with a 30% success rate!

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I could be wrong, but how successful has Koivu been in the past year or so? He was money for quite a few years, but it feels like he's been missing them a lot more. I would have liked to have seen Staal get a chance.

I think last couple years have been bad for both Parise and Koivu in shootouts. Don't have numbers though. They were both almost 50% throughout the career and now they are a bit over 40%.

Staal sucks in the shootouts lol.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Not sure about year by year splits, but I think he's one of the 5 best shootout shooters in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad