Post-Game Talk: 11/26/16 | Canucks 3 @ Avalanche 2

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The Avs play like a collection of individuals.

There's way more skill on that team than on the Canucks

Nate McKinnon - 2013 #1 overall
Gabriel Landeskog - 2011 #2 overall
Matt Duchene - 2009 #3 overall
Tyson Barrie - better skater than all of our d-men combined
Mikko Rantanen - 2015 10th overall
Iggy

And yet...

cbambsR.png

Something is not right with that team.

McKinnon plays like an individual.

Barrie plays like an individual.

There's just no cohesion at all.

The only line that seemed like it was playing like a 3 man unit was their 3rd line.

O1XHvel.png

Check out their lines. They have only ONE line this season that have topped 50 minutes being together.

GPOtCqp.png

Compared to us:

2kqJbCb.png

This explains why that team looks like a collection of individuals. Nobody has been with each other long enough to develop any chemistry. :shakehead

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The Avs play like a collection of individuals.

There's way more skill on that team than on the Canucks

Nate McKinnon - 2013 #1 overall
Gabriel Landeskog - 2011 #2 overall
Matt Duchene - 2009 #3 overall
Tyson Barrie - better skater than all of our d-men combined
Mikko Rantanen - 2015 10th overall
Iggy

And yet...

cbambsR.png

Something is not right with that team.

McKinnon plays like an individual.

Barrie plays like an individual.

There's just no cohesion at all.

The only line that seemed like it was playing like a 3 man unit was their 3rd line.

O1XHvel.png

Check out their lines. They have only ONE line this season that have topped 50 minutes being together.

GPOtCqp.png

Compared to us:

2kqJbCb.png

This explains why that team looks like a collection of individuals. Nobody has been with each other long enough to develop any chemistry. :shakehead

Gotta agree here. They have soooo much talent there but cant do nothing with it. I would be so frustated if i was an avs fan and the pain they went thru to get this talent to see a bunch of individuals do nothing as a team.

I really hope the next group of are team led by Bowie can lead a talented group of individuals as a TEAM

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
What makes you say that? Broken hands don't usually take more than a month or two.

Hope he's back before the TDL

Yeah i know i just think that without Tanman AND Edler this season IS FINISHED

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Did his hand fall off? You are showing [MOD]. No hand injury suffered by blocking a shot takes 4+ months to heal.

Sorry meant the canucks season if both tanman and edler are gone for a while together

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Sorry meant the canucks season if both tanman and edler are gone for a while together

Season has been hanging on by a thread already, this should just make it easier to give up, sell off the vets, and focus on the future sooner.

This is a positive IMO.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Season has been hanging on by a thread already, this should just make it easier to give up, sell off the vets, and focus on the future sooner.

This is a positive IMO.

I guess so i just wanna see this team win :(

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Except Edler and Tanev are the only vets we can sell off.

Hutton is an example of what happens when you force too much onto a young D too soon. Who the hell is going to help shelter Stecher, Hutton, Tryamkin? Larsen and Sbisa?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Except Edler and Tanev are the only vets we can sell off.

Nah, it's Burrows/Miller, and unfortunately I think Hansen (good contract, UFA, limited trade protection I think, but I think he'd waive to go to a contender).

Tanev is a player we want to hold onto.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
According to this place, 27 is at his peak and its all down hill'

"Sell off" is probably not the phrase I would have chosen but if we're serious about re-building Tanev is the player that would return the best package, and his contract might well be up by the time we're ready to compete anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't just trade him to the highest bidder (like I would for Miller,) but I would definitely have his name out there to see what offers I get.

You have to give up something to get something. Burrows/Miller/Sbisa is not going to return us anything that we can use for rebuilding.

Has nothing to do with him going downhill or anything like that. Please do not put words into my mouth.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Nah, it's Burrows/Miller, and unfortunately I think Hansen (good contract, UFA, limited trade protection I think, but I think he'd waive to go to a contender).

Tanev is a player we want to hold onto.

That's cool, and in return we might get a 3rd round pick and a 5th round pick. Great, that's really going to help us build up a post-Sedin core.

Sorry, but if we want to get some stud prospects and high draft picks the only player that can return those premium assets is Tanev. MAYBE Edler.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
"Sell off" is probably not the phrase I would have chosen but if we're serious about re-building Tanev is the player that would return the best package, and his contract might well be up by the time we're ready to compete anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't just trade him to the highest bidder (like I would for Miller,) but I would definitely have his name out there to see what offers I get.

You have to give up something to get something. Burrows/Miller/Sbisa is not going to return us anything that we can use for rebuilding.

Has nothing to do with him going downhill or anything like that. Please do not put words into my mouth.

What is the point of rebuilding if we trade away our best players just as they enter their primes? No one is every gonna win with a team depending only on 22-26 year olds.

I see absolutely no reason to trade Tanev. There is no reasonable, logical deal you could name that would make more sense to do than not do. If our plan is to be competitive in 3-4 years, we have our rock solid vet on the backend that EVERY team needs to be a contender.

You say "You have to give up something to get something." While true in general, I can't possibly see how trading Tanev would NOT opening up just a big a hole, if not bigger, in his absence.

Help me out here, I simply don't understand the purpose of trading him.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
That's cool, and in return we might get a 3rd round pick and a 5th round pick. Great, that's really going to help us build up a post-Sedin core.

Sorry, but if we want to get some stud prospects and high draft picks the only player that can return those premium assets is Tanev. MAYBE Edler.

Don't forget SUCKING. You get free assets every year, that get better the worse you are.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Yeah I just don't know about this upcoming draft is all. Feels really shallow.

And I don't think you can draft a player as good as Tanev unless you're in the top 10 and it's a deep looking draft. We're lucky to have a player of his calibre who is still 3 years away from 30.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Yeah I just don't know about this upcoming draft is all. Feels really shallow.

And I don't think you can draft a player as good as Tanev unless you're in the top 10 and it's a deep looking draft. We're lucky to have a player of his calibre who is still 3 years away from 30.

Well Tanev himself wasn't drafted as I'm sure you know.

Again, I'm not talking about flipping him for a pick here. Adam Larsson returned Taylor Hall. I'd be wanted a serious stud young player and prospects/picks. It'd have to be a great return or I'd keep him.

But to not at least see what the market is for him would be irresponsible IMO.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Well Tanev himself wasn't drafted as I'm sure you know.

Again, I'm not talking about flipping him for a pick here. Adam Larsson returned Taylor Hall. I'd be wanted a serious stud young player and prospects/picks. It'd have to be a great return or I'd keep him.

But to not at least see what the market is for him would be irresponsible IMO.

Oh totally, if there was a deal where we could profit off of another team like NJD did, I'm all for it. But I worry that you ship Edler/Tanev out and we're left with a way too young D-core.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Hutton is an example of what happens when you force too much onto a young D too soon. Who the hell is going to help shelter Stecher, Hutton, Tryamkin? Larsen and Sbisa?

True. Gudbranson at 24 becomes your vet leadership. Sbisa at 26 becomes your sort of grey beard.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00