Post-Game Talk: 11/26/16 | Canucks 3 @ Avalanche 2

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Banged-up Avs face Canucks

6 hours ago
The Associated Press

The Vancouver Canucks are playing the second of a back-to-back but it might be the Colorado Avalanche that are at a disadvantage.

The Canucks fell to the Stars, 2-1, in Dallas on Friday night and now face a Colorado team that is dealing with injuries. When the puck drops Saturday night the Avalanche will be without No. 1 goaltender Semyon Varlamov, who is out with an upper-body injury.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/banged-avs-face-canucks-082230463--nhl.html

______

Rosters

______

______

Last edited:

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks dominate! Sedins leave Av's defense dazed and confused. Horvat becomes Avs living nightmare as he dominates the slot. Burrows with a four point night.

Canucks five, Avalanche four in OT.

I hope so, anyway.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Another team who can't score or seemingly defend against the puck either. Should be a classic boring 2-1 final. Little action, a lot of neutral zone play and even more missed passes and wide shots. I'm expecting slop on slop. Two teams who just can't seem to find a consistency from shift to shift.
Only thing is don't count out Pickard for the Avs, he seems to rounding into a decent tender and with Varly out, what a time to shine.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I would say Horvat's success is roughly 65% Dorsett's leadership and 35% Prust's leadership.

Mark Messier was such an incredible leader that his presence still lingers in the Canuck dressing room and probably will for many more years to come. He gets at least 10% credit for Horvat's success.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Horvat is leading the team in goals, tied for lead in assists, leads in points.

Mike+Gillis+NHL+Awards+Show+BvSQgE4eYTOl.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks playing a back to back, and at high altitude....Denver is like Dallas...they rarely win there....I'm guessing 4-2 Avs with an empty-netter....about the only hope is if Marky stands on his head....then overtime possibly.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Another team who can't score or seemingly defend against the puck either. Should be a classic boring 2-1 final. Little action, a lot of neutral zone play and even more missed passes and wide shots. I'm expecting slop on slop. Two teams who just can't seem to find a consistency from shift to shift.
Only thing is don't count out Pickard for the Avs, he seems to rounding into a decent tender and with Varly out, what a time to shine.

Just because it defies logic, 6-4 Avs. Miller starts the next 10 games and people start doubting the decision to go with Marky over Läck.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
6-4 Avs not even gonna guess the goals but just know Bowie will have a BIG night

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
"Nonnis" passed on the higher ranked Nichushkin to draft Bo Horvat?

Gillis stupidly acquired Horvat, Hutton and Markstrom as future pieces.

Such a huge mess that Benning had to come in and acquire Sutter, Sbisa and Miller to remain competitive.

After last years 100 point team the future looks brighter than ever. Here's to another 2 points tonight :yo:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Linden-Benning regime is just over two years old and I swear they've traded more draft picks for dubious returns than Mike Gillis did during his entire tenure with the Vancouver Canucks. At least he was trying to win a Cup...with Jimbo, the trades will help the Canucks get from 28th overall to 24th overall.:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad