Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

>Live Scores Tracker<

sXnA3VY.jpg
1DaLwpt.jpg

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
LA Kings are 2-6-2 in their last ten games which is tied for the current league worst with Buffalo, time to turn things around tonight.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Another Saturday with zero matinee games. The NHL and its TV contracts are so friggin stupid. Six games starting at the exact same time competing against each other.

Reactions: bukwas

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Another Saturday with zero matinee games. The NHL and its TV contracts are so friggin stupid. Six games starting at the exact same time competing against each other.

Yep, another night where my internet is going to be put to the test.

Caps/Leafs and Pens/Bolts, all having played yesterday, will be my top two.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

This is a huge college football rivalry weekend. I don't think NBC or the NHL Network are stupid to not want to go up against the Michigan/Ohio State or Alabama/Auburn games.

Can the CBJ get a little love from the Atlantic Division teams tonight? K? Thanks.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Last Anaheim/LA game was one of the best regular season games I've seen in a long time.

I have dampened hopes for tonight because the Kings have been abysmal lately, but maybe the raised emotions will fill that void.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
This is a huge college football rivalry weekend. I don't think NBC or the NHL Network are stupid to not want to go up against the Michigan/Ohio State or Alabama/Auburn games.

Can the CBJ get a little love from the Atlantic Division teams tonight? K? Thanks.

Look, they've been doing this bullshit of not going up against football forever, it hasn't worked. It's a niche sport either way. You lose viewership if you put all your games at 7 and you lose viewership if you put your game on at 2 or 4 but at least it gives people an option. And truthfully, fans of those teams will watch either way. Plus you have to make your product visible, why give the NFL or friggin college football a free pass? And as for the Alabama game, exactly why does the NHL care about viewership in Alabama or that region, they aren't getting it to begin with. Put a game on between two pacific teams, two Canadian teams, etc you have so many options.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017

We sent out a scouting party last night and you guys got all nasty with em, help yourselves from now on. ;)

Reactions: Byrral

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Look, they've been doing this bull**** of not going up against football forever, it hasn't worked. It's a niche sport either way. You lose viewership if you put all your games at 7 and you lose viewership if you put your game on at 2 or 4 but at least it gives people an option. And truthfully, fans of those teams will watch either way. Plus you have to make your product visible, why give the NFL or friggin college football a free pass? And as for the Alabama game, exactly why does the NHL care about viewership in Alabama or that region, they aren't getting it to begin with. Put a game on between two pacific teams, two Canadian teams, etc you have so many options.

I understand your points and respect them. Hockey is a niche sport. I agree and empathize with your passion for watching multiple games throughout the day. It is my favorite sport. But I like football as well and the Michigan/Ohio State game is a game I'm going to watch every time over any hockey game. It's just the way it is. Sponsors surely want their ads to be viewed as it pays the bills. A Canadian team vs. another Canadian team would work for those folks north of the border and those who don't care about football. But in the USA football is king, no two ways about it. I still don't think they are stupid for not doing it.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I understand your points and respect them. Hockey is a niche sport. I agree and empathize with your passion for watching multiple games throughout the day. It is my favorite sport. But I like football as well and the Michigan/Ohio State game is a game I'm going to watch every time over any hockey game. It's just the way it is. Sponsors surely want their ads to be viewed as it pays the bills. A Canadian team vs. another Canadian team would work for those folks north of the border and those who don't care about football. But in the USA football is king, no two ways about it. I still don't think they are stupid for not doing it.

I would watch a pre-season hockey game between the Ducks and the Coyotes before I watched a football game of any kind.

Football: Play, next play flag, next play penalty, play, next play injured player, commercial break, rinse cycle repeat. To each their own I suppose.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Penguins recognize Kunitz in his return to Pittsburgh. 161 playoff games and 4 Stanley Cups isn't bad for a guy who went undrafted.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I would watch a pre-season hockey game between the Ducks and the Coyotes before I watched a football game of any kind.

Football: Play, next play flag, next play penalty, play, next play injured player, commercial break, rinse cycle repeat. To each their own I suppose.

Super. I understand and support this for you and others that feel the same way. This is why it was stated in my post you quoted.

and those who don't care about football.

Maybe there is a happy medium but that hasn't been the way the NHL has dealt with it up to this point. Maybe they will change at some point.

My comments weren't mean to change the narrative of this thread so I'll bug out now and root for my Atlantic Division friends for at least one night :)

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Last Anaheim/LA game was one of the best regular season games I've seen in a long time.

I have dampened hopes for tonight because the Kings have been abysmal lately, but maybe the raised emotions will fill that void.

Well, in fairness, we aren't exactly launching fans out of their seats right now either!!!

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place

I would watch two homeless guys fighting over an English muffin if they called it Hockey.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Washington PK simultaneously applies 0 pressure and leaves a guy wide open in front of the net lol no wonder theyve allowed the most PP goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad