GDT: 11/24/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'm surprised that the Canes never got a make-up call after that bogus GI penalty on Skinner.

Missed opportunity. The Leafs are a very beatable club.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Worst win of the season.
Canes are always trouble. Shocked at the Hanifin goal.

Defense REALLY sucked.
Yeah, it'd be good for that team to sign someone like JVR or Neal if they make it to FA. Need goal scorers but a good team already

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I'm surprised that the Canes never got a make-up call after that bogus GI penalty on Skinner.

Maybe you'll have better luck against the Arenas.
You say beatable, they are now, but this was just worst looking win, they've had.
Is Andersen beatable?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
For all the times I(or other Leafs fans) argued with opposing fans that despite being outshot the games were even or in our favour due to CF or xGF. I will gladly admit the Canes completely dominated us here. The shot clock was completely correct. xGF 5.88 to 2.27, CF 91 to 39. Complete robbery and I'm not afraid to admit it. Leafs need to be way better, You won't win many games playing like that.

Reactions: remote

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i said please make it hard on the blues, predators. nothing is happening.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

The Hainsey interference call was bullshit as well. The Canes need a #1C more than the Leafs need a #1D.

This was the worst game the Leafs have probably played under Babcock. I'll take the two points. Every team has bad games but we're 7-1-1 in our last nine while working through our issues.

Canes have a really good roster that is missing some key pieces. Goaltending still sucks and they need a high end forward. When you have so many good skating defenseman who can make a good first pass, it's no wonder are one of the better possession teams. We only have Rielly and Gardiner when he's on his game who can do that consistently.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON

They got the make up in not being called on a couple of blatant penalties... after getting a few soft PPs early.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
That post wasn’t meant to be as obnoxious as it read. That was not a commentary on the Leafs overall, just in the context of this particular matchup from a Carolina perspective. The Canes can hang with the Leafs in a way that they can’t with certain other teams in the league; Carolina can outskate Toronto, but they can’t outskate New York (Rangers), Pittsburgh and Tampa. Carolina has to take advantage of a situation in which they’re rested and are at home against a team they matchup well against. Otherwise, they’re on the outside looking in again.

The goaltending just wasn’t there tonight. Andersen outplayed Ward. He was the difference.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I hate the reffing this season. Has not improved at all.

Stars have high sticked us like 3 times this game, no call.

Smith embellishes a goaltender interference call, they call that.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Boeser with another point? jesus. Calder race this season will be pretty fantastic if this keeps up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad