Ahahahahahahaha!

I don't understand this team whatsoever, but character win boys! :laugh:
i8jqymclwfkwzgsygqjt.jpg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We've had Price's number the last few years. I know he's not the same goalie but there was a time that the only drama in games against Montreal was whether we would score 0 or 1 goals against him. Even in 2014, in the regular season we had to beat him 1-0. Lately, we've scored a ton against him

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Chytil's gonna mess around and be my next jersey purchase. Really needed him to take the next step this season and so far it seems like he has. Hope he keeps it up.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Honest to God...I was out and when the score was 4-0 my wife said let’s just go out to dinner. Before we could pick a restaurant it was 4-2. Screw the restaurant, we’ll order a pizza. Well worth it!

As in every game, Panarin was the best Ranger and it certainly was Lemieux’s night but I thought Lindgren and Trouba also played well (at least the parts I watched) Lindgren is really coming on.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
You guys still want to trade Quinn at the deadline ?

I don’t know that Quinn really has anything to do with the comeback. The team relies on individual talent and effort right now. There’s no discernible system or scheme.

Everyone talks about Quinn being a “good development coach”. Maybe he is. How about an actual coach though? If you can’t implement an NHL worthy system and all you do is preach work harder while supposedly doing a good job developing young players, I don’t really want you coaching my team. Players developing “well” but doing so in a losing environment without a sound system in place isn’t going to work out well. Losing is expected, of course, with such a young team but the fundamental things this team doesn’t do well, including from its veteran players are not so easily excused. I personally have not liked Quinn very much since last season and putting developing players aside, I don’t know that he actually knows how to coach NHL hockey.

Also who is to say DeAngelo wouldn’t have been just as good without “the Quinn approach”? I just don’t know that Quinn has a very long shelf life, because I don’t think he coaches the NHL game. He demands hard work and supposedly he’s developing our kids well (it’s tough to say if a kid is developing any differently due to Quinn or not) but the team can’t pass, is defensively clueless. I’m not convinced Quinn’s an NHL coach.

Reactions: NYR and Larrybiv

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
I know panarin is a god but for me ton its lemeuix, lindgren and fox. That pairing was basically our 1st pairing and did not look out of place at all. Still, i was watching the game, my dad said f*** it, went to go watch something else, i stay to watch if maybe we can score one or two and we score 6! LGR

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I don’t know that Quinn really has anything to do with the comeback. The team relies on individual talent and effort right now. There’s no discernible system or scheme.

Everyone talks about Quinn being a “good development coach”. Maybe he is. How about an actual coach though? If you can’t implement an NHL worthy system and all you do is preach work harder while supposedly doing a good job developing young players, I don’t really want you coaching my team. Players developing “well” but doing so in a losing environment without a sound system in place isn’t going to work out well. Losing is expected, of course, with such a young team but the fundamental things this team doesn’t do well, including from its veteran players are not so easily excused. I personally have not liked Quinn very much since last season and putting developing players aside, I don’t know that he actually knows how to coach NHL hockey.

Also who is to say DeAngelo wouldn’t have been just as good without “the Quinn approach”? I just don’t know that Quinn has a very long shelf life, because I don’t think he coaches the NHL game. He demands hard work and supposedly he’s developing our kids well (it’s tough to say if a kid is developing any differently due to Quinn or not) but the team can’t pass, is defensively clueless. I’m not convinced Quinn’s an NHL coach.

So you still want to trade Quinn at the deadline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad