GDT: 11/21/19 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Good win but starting to get even more worried this is a repeat of the season we missed the playoffs with all the injuries. Hopefully these are short term. Glad Point got back on the board, we need him scoring real bad.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Good win but starting to get even more worried this is a repeat of the season we missed the playoffs with all the injuries. Hopefully these are short term. Glad Point got back on the board, we need him scoring real bad.
Seems like a lot of guys are playing hurt. Most definitely a concern.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Dude.... our captain is the kind of guy who will be hurt and just sit on the bench instead of being in the locker room for possible treatment and diagnosis. Do you have any idea how counter-intuitive that is?
Dude.... Our coach is Jon Cooper. He has never benched our star players for a whole period and never will. Stamkos wasn't even playing bad. Do you know how silly you all sounded thinking he was "benched"

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Rather see them work through injuries now than in March or April, it's a good opportunity for the fringe guys to make more of an impact.

Palat was an animal, Cirelli had a great game as well. Didn't see much of him but Rutta has been fine in limited action so far. Also liked what I saw from Conacher, and McIlhinney finally gets a solid W with the team showing up in front of him. Definitely some positives last night, all things considered.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Dude.... Our coach is Jon Cooper. He has never benched our star players for a whole period and never will. Stamkos wasn't even playing bad. Do you know how silly you all sounded thinking he was "benched"

Considering he was sitting on the bench not playing, what a wild assumption. These comments were also happening in real time as the game was playing with no information but here comes Mr.Hindsight after the game with all his twitter info acting high and mighty.

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Considering he was sitting on the bench not playing, what a wild assumption. These comments were also happening in real time as the game was playing with no information but here comes Mr.Hindsight after the game with all his twitter info acting high and mighty.
But does he have the charts to back it up?

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Do you just have it out for me? What’s your issue.

during “real time” an injury is 98 times more likely then Cooper benching Steven Stamkos in a game where we already dressed 1 less forward.

cmon use some logic here guys.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Dude.... our captain is the kind of guy who will be hurt and just sit on the bench instead of being in the locker room for possible treatment and diagnosis. Do you have any idea how counter-intuitive that is?

I've seen a million players get injured. I can't think of another instance where the injured player remained on the bench. I'm sure it happens, but I can't think of another instance off the top of my head. So it's really not a crazy assumption to assume Stamkos had gotten benched.

Once it was reported that Stamkos took a skate to test something out, everybody realized he was hurt. Before that, all the evidence pointed to a benching.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I find it cool that he remained on the bench for morale and cheered his team on. EE said he could’ve played on the PP in the 3rd but was too cold already.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad