Pre-Game Talk: 11/20/14 Wings @ Jets

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
There are ways to stick up for yourself without fighting someone. And while you could send that message of not backing down, you might also send the message that you are emotional and manipulable instead of professional and in control.

what?

so jarome iginla isnt professional? one of the most feared and respected players in the game

come on

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
what?

so jarome iginla isnt professional? one of the most feared and respected players in the game

come on

Nope. Few players throw tantrums when things aren't going their way better than Iginla. Sure he's all nice and smiles between games, but he acts like a 4-year old when he's losing.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is Datsyuk playing tonight? Do you guys expect him to do well if he does?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Nope. Few players throw tantrums when things aren't going their way better than Iginla. Sure he's all nice and smiles between games, but he acts like a 4-year old when he's losing.

wow

certainly not the school of thought shared by many who grew up playing hockey the way iginla plays the game

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
wow

certainly not the school of thought shared by many who grew up playing hockey the way iginla plays the game

eh, I remember Iginla throwing quite a few spears, crosschecks, and butt-ends when he was losing to us in the playoffs a number of years ago. I respect your larger point, but Iginla isn't necessarily the first guy I'd pick to make it.

I get why Smith did it, but I don't really agree with it because we also need him on the ice rather than in the trainer's room getting worked on. This is where we miss having a couple of guys up front who can drop the gloves and not hurt us much by ending up in the box or onthe shelf for a few games. Back when we had Kocur, Mac, and LaPointe, we could lose any one of them for five minutes or a handful of games and just shift the other guys around to make up for it. That's a lot harder to do on the blueline with fewer guys eating more minutes. Big reason I've never been a fan of defencemen fighting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad