Pre-Game Talk: 11/20/14 Wings @ Jets

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Dana Wakiji ‏@FSDwakiji 26m26 minutes ago
#RedWings Mrazek on starting Thursday in Winnipeg. :yo:

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 1h1 hour ago
Brendan Smith (hand infection) is not traveling to Winnipeg with the #RedWings. :(

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Brendan Smith (hand infection) is not traveling to Winnipeg with the #RedWings. :(

Just trade him then. I'd rather see him flourish on some other team than languish, not reach his potential and be disrespected here.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Just trade him then. I'd rather see him flourish on some other team than languish, not reach his potential and be disrespected here.

Trade who? Smith? Because he has a hand infection?

TouringReg

Sep 27, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

It was just over a year ago Smith got hurt in a fight against the Oilers in a game we were winning 5-0 then we got worked over by the Jets two nights later.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=25662

cropped_KaneHand.PNG

Can't wait for tomorrows game, always fun to have the Red Wings come to Winnipeg!

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I didn't realize that Weiss needed to be activated to do a conditioning stint

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If he broke it, they should bring up XO for an extended look playing every day. Show just how expendable one of Kindl/Lashoff is.

Exactly I'm all for bringing up XO If Smith hand is broken he's the most logical one to get called up next any ways on defense. Hoping it is just a hand infection. But at the same time it would'nt surprise me either if he did break it with the way our luck has been running these past two years.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If they were to bring up XO for Smith, then they'd have to put Smith on IR for a couple weeks I believe. They probably only think he'll be out a game or two.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Don't sell Winnipeg short...

We lost to the damn Sabres. You can't sell anyone short in this league. Every team has the talent to win if you decide to take a night off.
@Claypool

Well apparently Smith is on 7-day IR and XO has been called up, so.... Yay!

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
We lost to the damn Sabres. You can't sell anyone short in this league. Every team has the talent to win if you decide to take a night off.
@Claypool

Well apparently Smith is on 7-day IR and XO has been called up, so.... Yay!
Haha, true enough. Winnipeg can just lock a team down and both their goalies have been fantastic, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 1-1 game that goes into OT. They take a lot of penalties though so hopefully Nyquist puts himself in the right spot to pot a couple.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Haha, true enough. Winnipeg can just lock a team down and both their goalies have been fantastic, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 1-1 game that goes into OT. They take a lot of penalties though so hopefully Nyquist puts himself in the right spot to pot a couple.

Dont have to worry much about our pathetic power player 0 for last 18

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I'll be at the game tomorrow, super excited!

Last time they were in Winnipeg (my first live Wings game) they got spanked so hopefully they're better prepared this time. So pumped to see Nyquist live, it'll be cool to see Ouellet too. Hopefully Mrazek has a strong game.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
How does one get a hand infection after fighting? Saw it on my facebook first. Did he get a tooth stuck in his knuckles? I hope he isnt out to long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad