GDT: 11/20/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I just thought it'd be a bigger topic of conversation, seeing as how it's a bigger problem than one defenseman, who isn't slotted correctly because of injury. I've brought it up in just about every GDT, I'm just kind of shocked no one really talks about it.

Because we've had multiple games where we've had dominant puck possession, now name me a couple games where Carle has been dominant anywhere.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
This inconsistency needs to stop if we want to make any serious noise this season and it starts with Stamkos. He's been god awful once again.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Because we've had multiple games where we've had dominant puck possession, now name me a couple games where Carle has been dominant anywhere.

Multiple games? 2? 3?

Carle wasn't brought in to be dominant. He was brought to be a sound defenseman, whose job it is to play solid D. It's funny, how no one *****ed about Carle when he was slotted correctly. He's not slotted correctly now, so he's in over his head. Is more expected of him? For sure. But I expect more from this team as a whole than I do from Carle as an individual.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This inconsistency needs to stop if we want to make any serious noise this season and it starts with Stamkos. He's been god awful once again.

He needs to stop thinking he's ****ing Datsyuk. He just danlged himself into some guys feet and back the other way a couple shifts ago.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Multiple games? 2? 3?

Carle wasn't brought in to be dominant. He was brought to be a sound defenseman, whose job it is to play solid D. It's funny, how no one *****ed about Carle when he was slotted correctly. He's not slotted correctly now, so he's in over his head. Is more expected of him? For sure. But I expect more from this team as a whole than I do from Carle as an individual.

Correctly? he still sucked when he was on 2nd pairing, it's pathetic that a 5.5 million defenseman needs to be sheltered.

There are few players on this team not performing well, on the short list, Stamkos, Carle, Sustr and Nabokov, almost everyone else is going fine, consistency from 2 guys who log 20+mins a game and are a huge part of puck possession can change a lot.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Correctly? he still sucked when he was on 2nd pairing, it's pathetic that a 5.5 million defenseman needs to be sheltered.

There are few players on this team not performing well, on the short list, Stamkos, Carle, Sustr and Nabokov, almost everyone else is going fine, consistency from 2 guys who log 20+mins a game and are a huge part of puck possession can change a lot.

If you expect Carle to be your number 2 defenseman, you're gonna have a bad time. As we have had.

I don't really remember him sucking on the 2nd pairing. Besides the occasional person who would complain that he was on the ice for a goal or something, just because we needed a whipping boy for some reason. The fact of the matter, is that Carle is a perfectly serviceable #3-4. Sure, he may misplay it a great once in a while on this pairing, but every hockey player makes mistakes. Carle's are just more noticeable to everybody, because it's Carle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad