GDT: 11/20/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Looks like lack of Hedmonster is finally starting to show. The team will be fine in the regular season because possession numbers are good, Bishop will bail out the team once in a while and insane depth at forward, but better pray neither Anton nor Victor are out for the playoffs or that could be another quick one.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
I don't like seeing the comment by Cooper about the urgency to get Hedman back. I think we all realize what this team is missing without him and it's showing but I agree that just shows our D depth is not that great.

I didn't catch the game tonight but it sounds like a pretty pathetic effort. Not a team in the NHL I hate more than the Leafs so sad all around. We seem to have our issues with Minnesota so I'm not sure if things are going to get better Saturday.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't like seeing the comment by Cooper about the urgency to get Hedman back. I think we all realize what this team is missing without him and it's showing but I agree that just shows our D depth is not that great.

I didn't catch the game tonight but it sounds like a pretty pathetic effort. Not a team in the NHL I hate more than the Leafs so sad all around. We seem to have our issues with Minnesota so I'm not sure if things are going to get better Saturday.

Him saying we need Hedman back is the truth though. He dropped Carle to pair with Sustr after he was constantly getting hemmed in the zone, missing assignments, and be generally awful all night.

We need Hedman back.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
We have all seen what the team can do and how they can dominate a game when they put some effort and emotions into it and we have seen how awful they play when they don’t do it so I just don’t understand why they don’t play that way every night. Maybe they should ask all other teams to wear either habs or rangers jerseys since that seem to be the only thing that will get them motivated enough to play 60 minute hockey and keep the other team off the puck as much as possible.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Paid attention only on defense re-watching it, with Carle both Gudas and Stralman had a pretty rough game too and I'm being polite. I think half of the defense took this one for granted and Toronto made'em pay. Win or lose they'd better come out flying against Minny.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Him saying we need Hedman back is the truth though. He dropped Carle to pair with Sustr after he was constantly getting hemmed in the zone, missing assignments, and be generally awful all night.

We need Hedman back.

Carle's play on Panik killed me. That is something I ***** about in C level Beer leagues. This man is playing in the NHL. Never, never pass it in front of your net. :facepalm:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I kind of hope that they will give the Stralman - Garrison pair a try against Minny, just to see if we can get Stralman going again if he doesn't have to worry about and cover for his d-partner every time he is on the ice.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Where was Cally when they pulled the goalie? He didn't get hurt, did he?

He was out there for the first shift when the goalie was just pulled around the 5:00 min mark, then they put another unit out there, but I guess with time ticking there was no point being down by 2 to put your best players out there. Coop basically gave up on the game when it hit the 1:30 mark.

If they were down by only one goal he would of been double shifted without a doubt. I mean the guy is only 2nd on the team with goals scored, with less games played. lol.

Anyway, what a train wreck this game was. You would think after the Islanders loss they would of had more spirit.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Awful coverage on the PP goal, awful backcheck/positioning on JVRs goal on the rush.

He was in no man's land on the PP one, he drops back to pick up JVR and Kessel walks in. Not sure where the forward on that side was. The first JVR one was on Bishop, can't be beat from the top of the circle like that. If call steps up on JVR he slides it over to Kessel for the break, rather JVR shoot then Kessel.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
He was in no man's land on the PP one, he drops back to pick up JVR and Kessel walks in. Not sure where the forward on that side was. The first JVR one was on Bishop, can't be beat from the top of the circle like that. If call steps up on JVR he slides it over to Kessel for the break, rather JVR shoot then Kessel.

Carle wasn't in any position to defend a pass to Kessel. He was behind the play.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
That was a crap game last night. Our top 5 v 5 forward line went back to absolutely no chemistry. Our PP with Garrison up top was absolute *****. Vladdy and Jo have no chemistry together...neither do Flip and Stammer. Connolly looked better than Killorn on kids scoring line. Terrible effort all around...Cooper has to get these guys ready to play. Cooper had this team on auto-cruise for 50 minutes last night.

We need to figure out our first, third, and fourth line...extremely inconsistent and frustrating. Would like to see Cooper rotate out Vladdy for one game and play Stammer\TJ\Filp down the middle and see what happens.

Drouin.Stammer.Cally
Killorn.Filp.Connolly
Palat.TJ.Kuch
Morrow.Boyle.Brown

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I think we have a bunch of players who could work on any line, and the top line is absolutely not working. Callahan can work on other lines and so can Flip. I want to see someone with better hands working with Stamkos and see if we can get some new chemistry going even if it means breaking up Palat-TJ-Kuch.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think we have a bunch of players who could work on any line, and the top line is absolutely not working. Callahan can work on other lines and so can Flip. I want to see someone with better hands working with Stamkos and see if we can get some new chemistry going even if it means breaking up Palat-TJ-Kuch.

I don't know what to think anymore with these line combos. We had this problem last season. Had a red hot 2nd line, and do you break it up again to get Stamkos going? I say no. Let the top line work out it's issues which has shown some excellent games, but also some bad games. Last night, no line was good at all, so would not put too much thought into it.

After the first 20 games we were 13-5-2 going into this game, an excellent start. We did this without our top D-man. So that is a plus there.

My point is we are pretty good in the standings and can afford a rough patch here and there, to work things out a little.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Carle wasn't in any position to defend a pass to Kessel. He was behind the play.

What? He was the only defender on a 2 on 1. He was shading towards Kessel the whole time, taking away the pass like you're supposed to, Bishop had the shooter and was beat from far out. I know you hate Carle right now be a little objective in that hate especially when you're wrong.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
What? He was the only defender on a 2 on 1. He was shading towards Kessel the whole time, taking away the pass like you're supposed to, Bishop had the shooter and was beat from far out. I know you hate Carle right now be a little objective in that hate especially when you're wrong.

Wasn't a 2-1 - Flip was back and had Kessel.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Filppula was chasing back he didn't have Kessel yet, there was enough distance that Kessel would've got a shot off easily.

And Carle wasn't covering. He was chasing - I'm aware I'm overstating his fault and I'm sure Bish wants that back, but Carle was not in a good position to defend the play.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I can't see how you can blame all on Carle on JVR's goal. I mean Stralman was caught flat footed in the neutral and it's a shot Bishop stops 19 times out of 20. Sure it was a lazy effort by Carle, he let JVR pass by him but Stralman and Bishop should be held accountable IMO.

The past 2 games they played quite the opposite way to the NYR's game. They need to be more disciplined defensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad