GDT: 11/2: Game #11: Feeling Lucky: Bruins vs. Vegas Golden Knights 7pm ET NESN, TVAS, SN ,SN360, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Jordan Szwarz, hunter of pucks and pursuer of dreams, is expected to make his Bruins debut Thursday night with the expansion Vegas Golden Knights on Causeway Street for the first time.
“He might be getting a break,” noted Bruins assistant coach Kevin Dean, who was Szwarz’s coach all last season at AHL Providence. “We’re a little banged up in the middle, and he can play both center and right wing and, to his credit, I think that is going to help him.”

Szwarz, 26, was called up Route 95 on Wednesday when the
Bruins announced that veteran pivot David Backes will undergo surgery Thursday at Massachusetts General Hospital for colon surgery related to his recent acute case of diverticulitis.

“He never leaves anything on the table,” said Dean. “Which is why I think he had such a good year last year. Every shift, he’s accountable, reliable, intense…..he could do that every shift he was out there last year and good things happened.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...ut-thursday/axVaCP7hiaIRW3TaKXJolK/story.html

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Jordan Szwarz, hunter of pucks and pursuer of dreams, is expected to make his Bruins debut Thursday night with the expansion Vegas Golden Knights on Causeway Street for the first time.
“He might be getting a break,” noted Bruins assistant coach Kevin Dean, who was Szwarz’s coach all last season at AHL Providence. “We’re a little banged up in the middle, and he can play both center and right wing and, to his credit, I think that is going to help him.”

Bruins announced that veteran pivot David Backes will undergo surgery Thursday at Massachusetts General Hospital for colon surgery related to his recent acute case of diverticulitis.

“He never leaves anything on the table,” said Dean. “Which is why I think he had such a good year last year. Every shift, he’s accountable, reliable, intense…..he could do that every shift he was out there last year and good things happened.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...ut-thursday/axVaCP7hiaIRW3TaKXJolK/story.html
Can't help but to root for him to do well, but I don't have high expectations based on my limited viewings.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Ok, turned a year older today, off work, going out for dinner and will make sure to DVR the game and NOT watch live as this team has registered at least a point in games I have missed so I will do my part , record and watch once it`s done just for you Bruin fans.

No clue what this Szwarz is all about, don`t like the spelling of his name as it poses a challenge on the keyboards but I`ll be keeping my fingers crossed he steps in and doesn`t hurt the team.

Vegas` good mojo ends tonight with a sound thumping at the hands of the B`s 6-2

Happy birthday Andrew!
Sorry I didn’t make you a thread so we’ll have to celebrate in the GDT!
:party:

Go B’s!
:bruins

Reactions: northeastern

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Ok, turned a year older today, off work, going out for dinner and will make sure to DVR the game and NOT watch live as this team has registered at least a point in games I have missed so I will do my part , record and watch once it`s done just for you Bruin fans.

No clue what this Szwarz is all about, don`t like the spelling of his name as it poses a challenge on the keyboards but I`ll be keeping my fingers crossed he steps in and doesn`t hurt the team.

Vegas` good mojo ends tonight with a sound thumping at the hands of the B`s 6-2

Happy Birthday ODAAT! :bday:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

This is good to hear.

May the Schwartz be with him ;)

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Anyone going to the game and looking for a pre/post-game beer and do some good, Sullivan’s Tap is having a fundraiser for the victims of the Las Vegas shooting tonight. 50/50 raffle and a ton of great prizes have been donated to raffle off (tickets, signed memerobilia, items from distributors, etc).

Coldest and cheapest beer in town and some really good guys behind the bar looking to help out the Vegas victims.

ETA: don’t need to be present to win, and last I heard the 50/50 was being pulled after the game but raffles before.

ah. i miss going to Sullys tap.
When I had season tickets our routine was drinking in the nautica parking garage, then to Sullys tap, then the north station bar if there was time. God- I spent so much money on this friggin team.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
ah. i miss going to Sullys tap.
When I had season tickets our routine was drinking in the nautica parking garage, then to Sullys tap, then the north station bar if there was time. God- I spent so much money on this friggin team.

If you've had tickets at any point since 07, then I probably have seen you there. It's my second home...2 of the bartenders actually came to our wedding.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
60452.jpg

Reactions: BMC

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
Are they planning on any sort of tribute for Dave Goucher? Because of my new job I rely on the radio call for most games and I sure miss his call.

BERGERON! BERGERON!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Thanks Ali for always doing these

And Fenway!

What happened to Subban?
Vegas is burning through goalies.

The 23-year-old Subban -- a former first-round pick and brother of Nashville Predators defenseman P.K. Subban -- made just three starts before suffering a lower body injury against the Blues on Oct. 21. That injury was serious enough to land him on injured reserve while Vegas had to dip even further into its pool of goaltending options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg