GDT: 11/2: Aint No Party Like a Boston Party! 7pm ET: NESN, 98.5 FM

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Maybe if the Bruins played better D last night and actually scored a few more times, Chad Johnson wouldn't be the whipping boy du jour.

So glad I fell asleep during the game because I clearly missed nothing.

They better get their crap together and soon.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
We played a solid, up-and-coming opponent. No Rask, no Boychuk, no Loui, and the guys we did have were all under-performing for the most part. Factor in a dominant Poulin, and 3-1 is not a surprising final score. It was a frustrating game- no doubt, but hardly a red flag. The road to the cup still goes through Boston.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
At the start of the 2011/12 season, the Bruins won just 3 of their first 10 games scoring 22 goals. Once they woke up they went 15 games without a loss and scored 59 goals. They seem to slump at some point every season much like other teams. I don't get the panic.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Julien did not sound happy at all post game. Sounds like he's been fed up watching these games too. Seemed to be putting more emphasis on work ethic than anything else which is just about right. The KIL line cannot carry this team, everyone needs to pull their own weight. We have also prided ourselves on being a top defensive team and they need to start playing that way. Many players need to clean up their game.
A couple of statement games next week might be the shot in the arm this team needs. I know 82 games is a long season and the Bruins can get pretty blah in the regular season but we don't have the liberty to play this way this year. It's easy to say this team is better than the others in our division but it doesn't mean anything if we don't get 2 points at the end of the day. Do not want to be fighting like hell for a playoff spot at the end of the season. Our March schedule is horrendous, 6 back to backs. Not to mention we don't know what our injury situation will be by then. It's definitely not time to panic but it is time to wake up.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Smith does not replace pevs.
Its not even close.
Pevs has explosive speed that pushes the d back. He also was a good pker.

Ill say the only guy we replaced this year was horton with iggy.
Other than that we lost skill when we lost segs pevs jagr and even ference.

Does he replace Peverley before his injury? No

Does he replace what Peverley was last year? Absolutely

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Kessel was intimidated for years but last playoff season he was anything but. He played to win the puck battles and took hits to make plays. I was surprised and happy for him. Seguin likely will follow suit but as of today Kessel is a better player and as crazy as it sounds has more compete than Seguin in battles. Now in fairness to Tyler he could just be tired but the kid doesn't like contact.

:yo: :nod: Kessel is making plays and not afraid to battle to make those plays. Segs on the other hand must know by now that, speed & finesse alone is not gonna cut it in the NHL

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
So without seeing the game or reading this GDT, knowing the Bruins lost 3-1, I'm willing to bet that Johnson sucked and he's the reason that the Bruins lost....rather than the idea that our young defense sometimes has a penchant to let forwards in behind them...and that some of our highly-paid 1st and 2nd line forwards disappear at times.

Um, so it looks like Spooner heads back down the the Pro.

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 9m
Surprised B's sent Ryan Spooner back to PRO. Eriksson must be close to returning

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
So without seeing the game or reading this GDT, knowing the Bruins lost 3-1, I'm willing to bet that Johnson sucked and he's the reason that the Bruins lost....rather than the idea that our young defense sometimes has a penchant to let forwards in behind them...and that some of our highly-paid 1st and 2nd line forwards disappear at times.

Um, so it looks like Spooner heads back down the the Pro.

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29 9m
Eriksson was skating without contact but was practicing with the team without the yellow practice jersey on which is a good sign. I just hope he's the same when he comes back.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No I was going to but when we heard the numbers and the backup I decided to blow it off and work on my Jared Knight sculpture (another strong game tonight- 2 PP assists and 2 open ice body checks not matched this season in Boston)

I am going Tuesday game- am drinking by myself right now (dog doesn't count) in honor of Seguin

:laugh: You crack me up.

See you Tues.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Isl fan coming in peace - I just wanted to shoot a quick compliment on Bruin fans visiting the Colisuem last night...probably 15% of the crowd were Bruin fans- a lot of visiting fans - and they were loud and rooted the B's on. However, they were totally respectful and I was pretty impressed at the lack of knuckleheads causing problems (unlike a certain other NY are fan base!!!)

Always cool to see the Bruins play!

There were a bunch from this HF board.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“Talent alone is not going to win you hockey games,” Julien said. “The effort and the compete level is what brings the talent out, and right now we haven’t done that.”

“I don’t know what you want to call it, but I call it not good enough,” Julien said. “There’s no way in the world you should come in here and play the way you play. We’re not competing hard enough. We’re just not good enough right now.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/11/02/bruins-done-vanek/SChHXWHpd0yX4SeljbAZVK/story.html

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Maybe if the Bruins played better D last night and actually scored a few more times, Chad Johnson wouldn't be the whipping boy du jour.

So glad I fell asleep during the game because I clearly missed nothing.

They better get their crap together and soon.

qft...

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
“Talent alone is not going to win you hockey games,” Julien said. “The effort and the compete level is what brings the talent out, and right now we haven’t done that.”

“I don’t know what you want to call it, but I call it not good enough,” Julien said. “There’s no way in the world you should come in here and play the way you play. We’re not competing hard enough. We’re just not good enough right now.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/11/02/bruins-done-vanek/SChHXWHpd0yX4SeljbAZVK/story.html

I actually thought the Devils game was far worse than this one. Giving up a lead is worse than not scoring enough goals IMO. Every time the Bruins cough up a lead it reminds me of bad times. Flyers in game 7, Chicago in game 6 ect. Those are things I never want to see happen again.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Lots of odd man rushes for Isles last night.

Coincidence that 3 young Dmen were in each D pairing?

Not at all but heaven forbid 2 of them get criticized around here.

Krug needs a game or 2 upstairs to help him see the areas where he needs to simplify or improve his play. Bartkowski needs to play more because he's getting rusty. Dougie scored last night but he had a glaring mistake on Vanek's goal.

They needed a game like last night to wake them up. I hope it works.

I do think we'll see Loui Tuesday night.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Isles fan. Really like Krug in the playoffs, but I thought he struggled mightily against the Isles. He got turned around often, and seemed to struggle with some of our speed. Was that a one off? Or is he still very raw defensively?

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Isles fan. Really like Krug in the playoffs, but I thought he struggled mightily against the Isles. He got turned around often, and seemed to struggle with some of our speed. Was that a one off? Or is he still very raw defensively?

Still has some issues defensively, but he had a real off game last night. I'd say that was one of his poorest performances as a Bruin to date.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
“Talent alone is not going to win you hockey games,†Julien said. “The effort and the compete level is what brings the talent out, and right now we haven’t done that.â€

“I don’t know what you want to call it, but I call it not good enough,†Julien said. “There’s no way in the world you should come in here and play the way you play. We’re not competing hard enough. We’re just not good enough right now.

Dont think i can remeber a better coach for the bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad