GDT: 11/2/17 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It was a good game actually. Some guys here need to relax. The team sits on top of the league. 4 points ahead of 2nd team in the eastern conference. So it should not be surprise that Bolts effort was something between 50% and 75%. And if Tampa will lead the NHL in points for a long time you better have to prepare for a lot of games like this. Plus everyone will start playing their best game against us, taking Tampa for a measuring stick.
A 50-75% effort is not a good game no matter what team you are. It was a pretty bad game for us. But yeah, these games will happen every now and then to everyone. Now we just have to bounce back on Saturday.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
A 50-75% effort is not a good game no matter what team you are. It was a pretty bad game for us. But yeah, these games will happen every now and then to everyone. Now we just have to bounce back on Saturday.
My issue is this effort happened on two days rest. I think after that type of break we should come out with better attention to detail.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
disagree mostly cause we turned it on in second period we won that period if killers goal sticks which it should have and we dont get screwed even harder by the refs i think ny gives up we win by 3 or more. I am serious we had them that was the key moment of the game all guns firing all momentum was in our favor for a period and half we get the goal we really dominate coming in. We got robbed they got penalty on top of bull crap bad goal call and got some momentum and life back. Hockey is simple in ways and momentum is HUGE and we got screwed at the key moment of the game. I really think we win 4-1 with killers goal sticking. Is ok is a long season it happens our only really bad period was first and then we had some very bad passes in the third they jumped on but they didnt score on those. We were still in control once got back to 5-5 etc... I dont think we were in sync at all to start game or on any 4 on 4s all night. The defense was lax we lost too many key faceoffs. Yet we had a chance to win. I dont know what you all expect of kucherov he got his shots and the king showed up hes still a great goaltender and he was the difference. We should have won this game but ny isnt going to crawl into a corner and die they will be around at the end imho so they deserve some credit.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Easily the worst game of the season for the first line. They really couldn't get going the whole night aside from a couple of shifts. Vasy saved our asses again but unfortunately that wasn't enough. I hate losing to the Rangers.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I passed out during the first intermission and didn't see the rest. All I heard was that there was a bullshit call against us that took the 2-1 goal away from us. And as I read I'm seeing a lot of "not good enough to win" but to be honest I'd have expected that because the NYR are desperately attempting to rebound and I have zero doubts that the whole Eastern Conference has been put on notice by us and everyone is doing their damnedest to knock us off the pedestal.

I wasn't there for the game but I'm not reading too much into this. Sometimes the wins come ugly and courtesy solely of your goaltender it sounds like last night should've been one but the zebras had other plans.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I passed out during the first intermission and didn't see the rest. All I heard was that there was a bull**** call against us that took the 2-1 goal away from us. And as I read I'm seeing a lot of "not good enough to win" but to be honest I'd have expected that because the NYR are desperately attempting to rebound and I have zero doubts that the whole Eastern Conference has been put on notice by us and everyone is doing their damnedest to knock us off the pedestal.

I wasn't there for the game but I'm not reading too much into this. Sometimes the wins come ugly and courtesy solely of your goaltender it sounds like last night should've been one but the zebras had other plans.
This is loser thinking. The refs weren't the reason we lost. Yeah that was a bad GI call, but they're not the reason we gave up 20 Grade A chances last night.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Was it a questionable call? Sure, why are people crying about that and not the fact that they only scored 1 goal or Vasy stopped half a dozen odd man rushes/1 on nones.

Reactions: The Macho Man

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I passed out during the first intermission and didn't see the rest. All I heard was that there was a bull**** call against us that took the 2-1 goal away from us. And as I read I'm seeing a lot of "not good enough to win" but to be honest I'd have expected that because the NYR are desperately attempting to rebound and I have zero doubts that the whole Eastern Conference has been put on notice by us and everyone is doing their damnedest to knock us off the pedestal.

I'll never understand this logic. We have the best record in the league so that justifies not playing up to standard and other teams outplaying you? If that were actually the case then we would see the President's Trophy decided the final game every season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, it wasn't as bad as Game #2, but it was pretty bad. It happens though. And luckily, we still got a point. Expecting the CBJ game to be super fast.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Shit happens. Other teams are trying to win too. We see it all the time we bust our ass and lose and on other nights we play poorly and win. By the looks of it, last night would not have been any different were it not for a bad call. The Lightning have proven this year that they'll follow a stinker with better effort. All you can do is just move on to the next game

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
was not just the goal as a bad call the refs took control of the game in a bad way so yes its fair to put this one on officials I usually am against that but ticky tack garbage then ignore our players being tripped or tackled lol is bad.

The refs allowed the rangers chances they shouldnt have had. They didnt help us... We had a lot of bad passing but as ive said we have a HISTORY of playing badly on extra days off to start games etc.. interesting we kept this at 1-1 honestly this is one of those games that coulda got out of hand in the past imho. vasy was awesome was the passing int the middle steals which will be addressed for sure but was also passing just off the sticks or on wrong sides of sticks etc.. very frustrating. Yet in 82 games your gonna have these in hockey. We got a point we should have gotten 2 imho but will take the one and move on. Is no worries on this team if anyone thinks we are as good as 10-1-1 or as bad as last night or anaheim I will say your out to lunch:)

We are not going to win 8 of 10 games this year no matter what we do. If we run some 8 -2 months with 6-5 mixture im happy myself.... just dont want to see us have 2 and 8 runs myself.... which can also happen. Is a long season.... see how we bounce back with only a day off:) I really like this team playing every other day the extra days drive me nutts myself

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
p.s. 100% disagree in effort being issue we came out flat we picked it up we were becoming dominate. got some bad calls luck etc... it happens lost momentum was very bad with puck at times in 3rd period.. not making the simple play instead taking too many risks not doing it simple stupid. This will be addressed. Its all that is needed and you get back in sync:) I didnt see what you all seem to see with effort or whatever the second period we were great.... The third period till like 7 and half minutes in we were very good picking up momentum get the killer goal and then it went to hell.... Passing lack of discipline etc... vasy stood on head at times but we will have times need that. Stamkos kucherov will not score every game lol... Yet they are going to score a lot. I was more disappointed in girardi sergachev dotchin not getting shots to net when we set up in ny end in 3rd.... wont say anything bad n coburn and stralman shined hedman kept getting pucks to wrong side to shoot and a lot of those passes were on kucherov and we all know how he generally passes etc... we are fine

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

There were some fines handed out after last night's game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
**** happens. Other teams are trying to win too. We see it all the time we bust our ass and lose and on other nights we play poorly and win. By the looks of it, last night would not have been any different were it not for a bad call. The Lightning have proven this year that they'll follow a stinker with better effort. All you can do is just move on to the next game

We may have won, but that doesn't mean we deserved to win anyway. It'd be worse if we were clearly the better team and a bad call cost us the game. (I'm not convinced it was a bad call, given how far Dumont had drifted into the crease.)

But yeah, if we buckle against CBJ, I'll worry a bit. As of now, it's just a "Can't Win Em All" thing.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Yeah, at first I thought Stammer was squirting the Rangers bench, which I loved, but in hindsight I think he might have been trying to show the ref what Hayes did, as they obviously missed it. Either way I loved how Stammer handled the whole sequence, and that might have been the first time for me where he actually acted like he was the Captain. I mean, I get that not all Cs are vocal guys, but Stammer's generally been too passive for my tastes, even on the ice. I loved what I saw from him last night. That was unquestionably a guy who was emotionally invested in the game and the team.

Reactions: Unfinished Business

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I didn't really see much of that. I saw a lot of unforced errors by the D - stretch passes that didn't need to be made, possession given up without getting a good shot off, etc.

We were entering the Rags zone just fine. Rangers were clogging the Dzone to prevent cross ice passes, but other than that there was nothing special about how they played and we had our chances. This is the type of game we needed a greasy goal (and arguably got one that was waved off), but it didn't happen. Of course, that is largely because the guys we pay millions to get greasy goals suck, but that's neither here nor there.
We gave up so, so many breakaways and odd-man rushes. It was partly sloppy play, but the Rangers were ready for us too. They looked like good DBs just teeing off on our passes and jumping our routes, which generally only happens when there's been some serious due diligence done in the film room. Maybe, I'm wrong, but it sure felt like they were more prepared for our game and tendencies than we were for theirs.

Yeah, we needed something greasy from TJ, Cally, or Kunitz. But Lunquist is exceedingly hard to beat when the refs are giving him mulligans. They shut down our PP too. They seemed to go all-in on stopping Kuch and it worked. From effort to officiating, it was just a poor game in general, but we still got a point.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Was it a questionable call? Sure, why are people crying about that and not the fact that they only scored 1 goal or Vasy stopped half a dozen odd man rushes/1 on nones.
The disallowed goal was part of a larger sequence in which the officials really swung the momentum in NY's favor. It wasn't the reason we lost, but it shouldn't have happened either. There are simply too many times in a season where it genuinely feels like television markets/organizational heritage are driving the way games get called. Nor is this anything new, which makes it fair game for criticism. NHL officiating is a sad joke on most nights, and it only gets worse in the playoffs. There's no longer any excuse for this with replay review, and Toronto having a say in real time only arouses further suspicions when bad calls are given the go ahead.

Again, we should have rallied and won the game anyway. But you simply can't give the officials a free pass on a night as bad as last night.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yeah, at first I thought Stammer was squirting the Rangers bench, which I loved, but in hindsight I think he might have been trying to show the ref what Hayes did, as they obviously missed it. Either way I loved how Stammer handled the whole sequence, and that might have been the first time for me where he actually acted like he was the Captain. I mean, I get that not all Cs are vocal guys, but Stammer's generally been too passive for my tastes, even on the ice. I loved what I saw from him last night. That was unquestionably a guy who was emotionally invested in the game and the team.
ya that makes sense I thought he was showing someone on our bench or the ref maybe a coach lol too funny to get fined for that is more trash to show how ref's simply aint on our side lol

Reactions: Bolt 45

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
They blew the call on the ice, and did not find enough evidence in the video review to overturn it. I don't think it was a conspiracy against us kind of thing. We need to play better and not let it come down to a blown call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad